|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced soaring adoption of Salesforce1 as companies move to the social, mobile and connected cloud. Salesforce1 is the new social, mobile and cloud customer platform built to transform how companies sell, service and market for the Internet of Customers. In its first month, the integrated experience of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform drove a 96 percent increase in Salesforce1 mobile app active users and a 46 percent increase in active users of custom mobile apps[i]. In addition, partner apps built and optimized for the Salesforce1 Customer Platform have already doubled since its launch, and more than 250 partners have committed to delivering new Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange. Companies such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1 to connect to customers in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
- "Salesforce1 is experiencing unprecedented adoption as companies unlock completely new ways to connect with their customers in today's social, mobile, cloud and connected world," said Alex Dayon, president, Applications and Platform, salesforce.com.
- "Design Within Reach is driven by the needs of our customers, and Salesforce1 enables us to build more meaningful relationships with them," said John McPhee, COO, Design Within Reach. "Design is at the center of everything we do, whether it's our products and catalogues or the technologies we use to deliver that amazing personalized customer experience. Salesforce1 gives us a single modern customer platform to run our business, enabling our designers to collaborate on ideas and our reps to delight customers from anywhere."
- "DocuSign for Salesforce1 creates new opportunities for DocuSign customers to extend the value of Salesforce by delivering apps and data in a single place where everything is connected in the context of the customer," said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO, DocuSign. "As the global standard for eSignature, DocuSign for Salesforce1 brings our powerful and easy-to-use eSignature solution to more customers globally so they can close deals faster in the cloud and in person from the convenience of their mobile device."
- "Salesforce.com's strategy is for Salesforce1 to fuel 'a golden age in enterprise apps' by acting as a platform upon which both enterprise customers and independent software vendors (ISVs) can develop and run new apps that are fully integrated into the Salesforce user experience. This heralds a new platform-as-a-service era for enterprise applications...Cloud service platforms will drive an even bigger revolution in enterprise IT as we all try to make sense of the opportunities created by tens of billions of connected devices, thousands of apps, and the customers and citizens that own and use them."—Dr. Steve Hodgkinson, Research Director IT, Ovum
New Salesforce1—The Customer Platform for the Internet of Customers
Every day millions of new products, apps and devices are connecting to the Internet. By 2020, there will be more than 50 billion connected things—from smartphones and wearables to jet engines and ultrasound machines. And behind every product, every app and every device there is a customer. Welcome to the Internet of Customers—a revolution where companies will connect every employee, partner, product, app and device to their customer using the power of social, mobile and cloud. Customers have never been so close, and companies must be prepared to sell, service and market to them anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Salesforce1 is the next generation social, mobile and cloud platform for this new connected world—the first customer platform built to transform the world's #1 sales, service and marketing apps for the Internet of Customers. Salesforce1 delivers all the speed, agility and power of Salesforce, re-engineered for the needs of today's connected business. With 10X more APIs and services, companies can also build and customize the next generation of connected apps faster than ever before using the Salesforce1 Customer Platform. By connecting and customizing everything—every app, every device, every customer data source, every experience—companies can sell, service and market to customers in a whole new way.
Demand for Social, Mobile and More Connected Experiences Triggers Rapid Salesforce1 Adoption
With the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, companies love the modern, integrated experience that allows them to unlock new ways to build meaningful relationships with their customers.
- The Customer Platform has been completely re-engineered to make every previous Salesforce investment that companies have made future-proof, so every existing custom app, CRM customization and partner app is now available to employees through a modern mobile interface.
- And with more than 10 million Visualforce pages and custom actions now mobile-enabled, admins are making Salesforce1 even more valuable by combining fields, objects and even other services into pages, components and apps that run within Salesforce1.
- With radically more APIs and services, developers can create, connect and deploy next generation mobile apps faster than ever to bridge the "app gap," enabling them to focus on growth and innovation instead of investing in legacy infrastructure and long, complex development cycles. Custom Salesforce1 apps deliver personalized experiences, connect to any device and any customer information source, and can be built in a fraction of the time compared to legacy platforms.
Employees love how the Salesforce1 Customer Platform puts their entire business into a single user experience, and have flocked to the new Salesforce1 Mobile App in its first month of availability. In November 2013, the Salesforce1 Customer Platform generated a 96 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce1 mobile app. The Salesforce1 Customer Platform also drove a 46 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce Mobile SDK in November, as companies immediately began leveraging custom apps built on the world's #1 cloud platform.
Partners Harness the Salesforce1 Customer Platform to Transform Disruptive Ideas into Successful Apps
Salesforce1 has also ignited a new generation of enterprise apps from the salesforce.com partner ecosystem. Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange have already doubled since the launch of the customer platform, and more than 250 partners have now committed to delivering entirely new Salesforce1 apps, including major partners such as DocuSign, Dropbox, Evernote, Infor and LinkedIn. Leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, partners can build custom apps, from accounting to contract management to ERP, faster than ever before and bring the most important data into the central feed of Salesforce. And customers benefit from access to the largest ecosystem of social, mobile and connected cloud apps, instantly available on any device, to run their entire business on Salesforce1.
Leading Companies Run Their Business on Salesforce1
Leading companies, such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1. Companies now have a powerful mobile platform through which they can access and manage their entire business from anywhere, completely personalize their experience and supercharge app development. Companies can also customize Salesforce and partner apps in entirely new ways to meet the specific needs of their company.
- Salesforce1 Sales Cloud enables sales reps to approve a quote, create a contact, update an opportunity or create a custom action from any device, at any time.
- Salesforce1 Service Cloud empowers companies to embed service everywhere—in every single product, app or experience—making the path to customer satisfaction instant and frictionless.
- Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud gives marketers the power to listen to and engage their customers, or create, approve and monitor campaigns in real time, delivering 1:1 marketing from any device, at any time.
- Salesforce1 AppExchange provides ISVs with a marketplace to build, market and distribute next generation business apps on the same cutting-edge customer platform that powers salesforce.com's own apps.
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce1 Customer Platform is now generally available and included with all user licenses of Salesforce CRM and the Salesforce Platform.
- Salesforce1 Mobile App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Salesforce1 Admin App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @Salesforce on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforce
- Get more information on Salesforce1 at http://www.salesforce.com/salesforce1
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforcea/id404249815?ls=1&mt=8
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.chatter&hl=en
Salesforce.com is the world's largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2014 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners
[i] 96 percent increase in active users of Salesforce1 refers to the increase in single users, who have logged on to Salesforce1 at least once in November, as compared to the number of Chatter Mobile active users who logged on at least once, in the month of October 2013.
46 percent increase in active users of Salesforce Mobile SDK built on the Salesforce1 Customer Platform refers the increase in single users of custom mobile apps built on Salesforce1 in November 2013 as compared to mobile apps built on Force.com in October 2013.
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jun. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 420
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 29, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,029
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 428
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 406
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 355
UAS, drones or unmanned aircraft, no matter what you call them — this was their week. Our news stream was flooded with updates on the newly announced rules and regulations for commercial UAS from the FAA. So, naturally we have dedicated this week’s top news round up to highlight some of our favorite UAS stories.
Jun. 29, 2016 03:02 PM EDT Reads: 274
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 357
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 654
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 384
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jun. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 345
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 554
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 590
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 515
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 481
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 29, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 562
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 510
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,297
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,259
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 946
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,461