|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced soaring adoption of Salesforce1 as companies move to the social, mobile and connected cloud. Salesforce1 is the new social, mobile and cloud customer platform built to transform how companies sell, service and market for the Internet of Customers. In its first month, the integrated experience of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform drove a 96 percent increase in Salesforce1 mobile app active users and a 46 percent increase in active users of custom mobile apps[i]. In addition, partner apps built and optimized for the Salesforce1 Customer Platform have already doubled since its launch, and more than 250 partners have committed to delivering new Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange. Companies such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1 to connect to customers in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
- "Salesforce1 is experiencing unprecedented adoption as companies unlock completely new ways to connect with their customers in today's social, mobile, cloud and connected world," said Alex Dayon, president, Applications and Platform, salesforce.com.
- "Design Within Reach is driven by the needs of our customers, and Salesforce1 enables us to build more meaningful relationships with them," said John McPhee, COO, Design Within Reach. "Design is at the center of everything we do, whether it's our products and catalogues or the technologies we use to deliver that amazing personalized customer experience. Salesforce1 gives us a single modern customer platform to run our business, enabling our designers to collaborate on ideas and our reps to delight customers from anywhere."
- "DocuSign for Salesforce1 creates new opportunities for DocuSign customers to extend the value of Salesforce by delivering apps and data in a single place where everything is connected in the context of the customer," said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO, DocuSign. "As the global standard for eSignature, DocuSign for Salesforce1 brings our powerful and easy-to-use eSignature solution to more customers globally so they can close deals faster in the cloud and in person from the convenience of their mobile device."
- "Salesforce.com's strategy is for Salesforce1 to fuel 'a golden age in enterprise apps' by acting as a platform upon which both enterprise customers and independent software vendors (ISVs) can develop and run new apps that are fully integrated into the Salesforce user experience. This heralds a new platform-as-a-service era for enterprise applications...Cloud service platforms will drive an even bigger revolution in enterprise IT as we all try to make sense of the opportunities created by tens of billions of connected devices, thousands of apps, and the customers and citizens that own and use them."—Dr. Steve Hodgkinson, Research Director IT, Ovum
New Salesforce1—The Customer Platform for the Internet of Customers
Every day millions of new products, apps and devices are connecting to the Internet. By 2020, there will be more than 50 billion connected things—from smartphones and wearables to jet engines and ultrasound machines. And behind every product, every app and every device there is a customer. Welcome to the Internet of Customers—a revolution where companies will connect every employee, partner, product, app and device to their customer using the power of social, mobile and cloud. Customers have never been so close, and companies must be prepared to sell, service and market to them anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Salesforce1 is the next generation social, mobile and cloud platform for this new connected world—the first customer platform built to transform the world's #1 sales, service and marketing apps for the Internet of Customers. Salesforce1 delivers all the speed, agility and power of Salesforce, re-engineered for the needs of today's connected business. With 10X more APIs and services, companies can also build and customize the next generation of connected apps faster than ever before using the Salesforce1 Customer Platform. By connecting and customizing everything—every app, every device, every customer data source, every experience—companies can sell, service and market to customers in a whole new way.
Demand for Social, Mobile and More Connected Experiences Triggers Rapid Salesforce1 Adoption
With the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, companies love the modern, integrated experience that allows them to unlock new ways to build meaningful relationships with their customers.
- The Customer Platform has been completely re-engineered to make every previous Salesforce investment that companies have made future-proof, so every existing custom app, CRM customization and partner app is now available to employees through a modern mobile interface.
- And with more than 10 million Visualforce pages and custom actions now mobile-enabled, admins are making Salesforce1 even more valuable by combining fields, objects and even other services into pages, components and apps that run within Salesforce1.
- With radically more APIs and services, developers can create, connect and deploy next generation mobile apps faster than ever to bridge the "app gap," enabling them to focus on growth and innovation instead of investing in legacy infrastructure and long, complex development cycles. Custom Salesforce1 apps deliver personalized experiences, connect to any device and any customer information source, and can be built in a fraction of the time compared to legacy platforms.
Employees love how the Salesforce1 Customer Platform puts their entire business into a single user experience, and have flocked to the new Salesforce1 Mobile App in its first month of availability. In November 2013, the Salesforce1 Customer Platform generated a 96 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce1 mobile app. The Salesforce1 Customer Platform also drove a 46 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce Mobile SDK in November, as companies immediately began leveraging custom apps built on the world's #1 cloud platform.
Partners Harness the Salesforce1 Customer Platform to Transform Disruptive Ideas into Successful Apps
Salesforce1 has also ignited a new generation of enterprise apps from the salesforce.com partner ecosystem. Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange have already doubled since the launch of the customer platform, and more than 250 partners have now committed to delivering entirely new Salesforce1 apps, including major partners such as DocuSign, Dropbox, Evernote, Infor and LinkedIn. Leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, partners can build custom apps, from accounting to contract management to ERP, faster than ever before and bring the most important data into the central feed of Salesforce. And customers benefit from access to the largest ecosystem of social, mobile and connected cloud apps, instantly available on any device, to run their entire business on Salesforce1.
Leading Companies Run Their Business on Salesforce1
Leading companies, such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1. Companies now have a powerful mobile platform through which they can access and manage their entire business from anywhere, completely personalize their experience and supercharge app development. Companies can also customize Salesforce and partner apps in entirely new ways to meet the specific needs of their company.
- Salesforce1 Sales Cloud enables sales reps to approve a quote, create a contact, update an opportunity or create a custom action from any device, at any time.
- Salesforce1 Service Cloud empowers companies to embed service everywhere—in every single product, app or experience—making the path to customer satisfaction instant and frictionless.
- Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud gives marketers the power to listen to and engage their customers, or create, approve and monitor campaigns in real time, delivering 1:1 marketing from any device, at any time.
- Salesforce1 AppExchange provides ISVs with a marketplace to build, market and distribute next generation business apps on the same cutting-edge customer platform that powers salesforce.com's own apps.
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce1 Customer Platform is now generally available and included with all user licenses of Salesforce CRM and the Salesforce Platform.
- Salesforce1 Mobile App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Salesforce1 Admin App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @Salesforce on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforce
- Get more information on Salesforce1 at http://www.salesforce.com/salesforce1
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforcea/id404249815?ls=1&mt=8
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.chatter&hl=en
Salesforce.com is the world's largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2014 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners
[i] 96 percent increase in active users of Salesforce1 refers to the increase in single users, who have logged on to Salesforce1 at least once in November, as compared to the number of Chatter Mobile active users who logged on at least once, in the month of October 2013.
46 percent increase in active users of Salesforce Mobile SDK built on the Salesforce1 Customer Platform refers the increase in single users of custom mobile apps built on Salesforce1 in November 2013 as compared to mobile apps built on Force.com in October 2013.
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,248
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,277
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,875
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 665
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,717
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,406
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,922
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,083
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,239
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,753
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,938
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,630
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,446
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,640
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,084
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,988
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,389
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,683
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,071