|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced soaring adoption of Salesforce1 as companies move to the social, mobile and connected cloud. Salesforce1 is the new social, mobile and cloud customer platform built to transform how companies sell, service and market for the Internet of Customers. In its first month, the integrated experience of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform drove a 96 percent increase in Salesforce1 mobile app active users and a 46 percent increase in active users of custom mobile apps[i]. In addition, partner apps built and optimized for the Salesforce1 Customer Platform have already doubled since its launch, and more than 250 partners have committed to delivering new Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange. Companies such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1 to connect to customers in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
- "Salesforce1 is experiencing unprecedented adoption as companies unlock completely new ways to connect with their customers in today's social, mobile, cloud and connected world," said Alex Dayon, president, Applications and Platform, salesforce.com.
- "Design Within Reach is driven by the needs of our customers, and Salesforce1 enables us to build more meaningful relationships with them," said John McPhee, COO, Design Within Reach. "Design is at the center of everything we do, whether it's our products and catalogues or the technologies we use to deliver that amazing personalized customer experience. Salesforce1 gives us a single modern customer platform to run our business, enabling our designers to collaborate on ideas and our reps to delight customers from anywhere."
- "DocuSign for Salesforce1 creates new opportunities for DocuSign customers to extend the value of Salesforce by delivering apps and data in a single place where everything is connected in the context of the customer," said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO, DocuSign. "As the global standard for eSignature, DocuSign for Salesforce1 brings our powerful and easy-to-use eSignature solution to more customers globally so they can close deals faster in the cloud and in person from the convenience of their mobile device."
- "Salesforce.com's strategy is for Salesforce1 to fuel 'a golden age in enterprise apps' by acting as a platform upon which both enterprise customers and independent software vendors (ISVs) can develop and run new apps that are fully integrated into the Salesforce user experience. This heralds a new platform-as-a-service era for enterprise applications...Cloud service platforms will drive an even bigger revolution in enterprise IT as we all try to make sense of the opportunities created by tens of billions of connected devices, thousands of apps, and the customers and citizens that own and use them."—Dr. Steve Hodgkinson, Research Director IT, Ovum
New Salesforce1—The Customer Platform for the Internet of Customers
Every day millions of new products, apps and devices are connecting to the Internet. By 2020, there will be more than 50 billion connected things—from smartphones and wearables to jet engines and ultrasound machines. And behind every product, every app and every device there is a customer. Welcome to the Internet of Customers—a revolution where companies will connect every employee, partner, product, app and device to their customer using the power of social, mobile and cloud. Customers have never been so close, and companies must be prepared to sell, service and market to them anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Salesforce1 is the next generation social, mobile and cloud platform for this new connected world—the first customer platform built to transform the world's #1 sales, service and marketing apps for the Internet of Customers. Salesforce1 delivers all the speed, agility and power of Salesforce, re-engineered for the needs of today's connected business. With 10X more APIs and services, companies can also build and customize the next generation of connected apps faster than ever before using the Salesforce1 Customer Platform. By connecting and customizing everything—every app, every device, every customer data source, every experience—companies can sell, service and market to customers in a whole new way.
Demand for Social, Mobile and More Connected Experiences Triggers Rapid Salesforce1 Adoption
With the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, companies love the modern, integrated experience that allows them to unlock new ways to build meaningful relationships with their customers.
- The Customer Platform has been completely re-engineered to make every previous Salesforce investment that companies have made future-proof, so every existing custom app, CRM customization and partner app is now available to employees through a modern mobile interface.
- And with more than 10 million Visualforce pages and custom actions now mobile-enabled, admins are making Salesforce1 even more valuable by combining fields, objects and even other services into pages, components and apps that run within Salesforce1.
- With radically more APIs and services, developers can create, connect and deploy next generation mobile apps faster than ever to bridge the "app gap," enabling them to focus on growth and innovation instead of investing in legacy infrastructure and long, complex development cycles. Custom Salesforce1 apps deliver personalized experiences, connect to any device and any customer information source, and can be built in a fraction of the time compared to legacy platforms.
Employees love how the Salesforce1 Customer Platform puts their entire business into a single user experience, and have flocked to the new Salesforce1 Mobile App in its first month of availability. In November 2013, the Salesforce1 Customer Platform generated a 96 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce1 mobile app. The Salesforce1 Customer Platform also drove a 46 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce Mobile SDK in November, as companies immediately began leveraging custom apps built on the world's #1 cloud platform.
Partners Harness the Salesforce1 Customer Platform to Transform Disruptive Ideas into Successful Apps
Salesforce1 has also ignited a new generation of enterprise apps from the salesforce.com partner ecosystem. Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange have already doubled since the launch of the customer platform, and more than 250 partners have now committed to delivering entirely new Salesforce1 apps, including major partners such as DocuSign, Dropbox, Evernote, Infor and LinkedIn. Leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, partners can build custom apps, from accounting to contract management to ERP, faster than ever before and bring the most important data into the central feed of Salesforce. And customers benefit from access to the largest ecosystem of social, mobile and connected cloud apps, instantly available on any device, to run their entire business on Salesforce1.
Leading Companies Run Their Business on Salesforce1
Leading companies, such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1. Companies now have a powerful mobile platform through which they can access and manage their entire business from anywhere, completely personalize their experience and supercharge app development. Companies can also customize Salesforce and partner apps in entirely new ways to meet the specific needs of their company.
- Salesforce1 Sales Cloud enables sales reps to approve a quote, create a contact, update an opportunity or create a custom action from any device, at any time.
- Salesforce1 Service Cloud empowers companies to embed service everywhere—in every single product, app or experience—making the path to customer satisfaction instant and frictionless.
- Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud gives marketers the power to listen to and engage their customers, or create, approve and monitor campaigns in real time, delivering 1:1 marketing from any device, at any time.
- Salesforce1 AppExchange provides ISVs with a marketplace to build, market and distribute next generation business apps on the same cutting-edge customer platform that powers salesforce.com's own apps.
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce1 Customer Platform is now generally available and included with all user licenses of Salesforce CRM and the Salesforce Platform.
- Salesforce1 Mobile App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Salesforce1 Admin App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @Salesforce on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforce
- Get more information on Salesforce1 at http://www.salesforce.com/salesforce1
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforcea/id404249815?ls=1&mt=8
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.chatter&hl=en
Salesforce.com is the world's largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2014 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners
[i] 96 percent increase in active users of Salesforce1 refers to the increase in single users, who have logged on to Salesforce1 at least once in November, as compared to the number of Chatter Mobile active users who logged on at least once, in the month of October 2013.
46 percent increase in active users of Salesforce Mobile SDK built on the Salesforce1 Customer Platform refers the increase in single users of custom mobile apps built on Salesforce1 in November 2013 as compared to mobile apps built on Force.com in October 2013.
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:15 PM EDT
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,570
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 262
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Communication) is an open source project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera that aims to enable bro...
Sep. 2, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,551
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 2, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,634
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 620
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 2, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 937
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 191
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 201
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 411
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 271
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,996
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 381
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 184
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 494
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 2, 2015 08:45 AM EDT
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 2, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 308
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 2, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 344
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 483