|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced soaring adoption of Salesforce1 as companies move to the social, mobile and connected cloud. Salesforce1 is the new social, mobile and cloud customer platform built to transform how companies sell, service and market for the Internet of Customers. In its first month, the integrated experience of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform drove a 96 percent increase in Salesforce1 mobile app active users and a 46 percent increase in active users of custom mobile apps[i]. In addition, partner apps built and optimized for the Salesforce1 Customer Platform have already doubled since its launch, and more than 250 partners have committed to delivering new Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange. Companies such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1 to connect to customers in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
- "Salesforce1 is experiencing unprecedented adoption as companies unlock completely new ways to connect with their customers in today's social, mobile, cloud and connected world," said Alex Dayon, president, Applications and Platform, salesforce.com.
- "Design Within Reach is driven by the needs of our customers, and Salesforce1 enables us to build more meaningful relationships with them," said John McPhee, COO, Design Within Reach. "Design is at the center of everything we do, whether it's our products and catalogues or the technologies we use to deliver that amazing personalized customer experience. Salesforce1 gives us a single modern customer platform to run our business, enabling our designers to collaborate on ideas and our reps to delight customers from anywhere."
- "DocuSign for Salesforce1 creates new opportunities for DocuSign customers to extend the value of Salesforce by delivering apps and data in a single place where everything is connected in the context of the customer," said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO, DocuSign. "As the global standard for eSignature, DocuSign for Salesforce1 brings our powerful and easy-to-use eSignature solution to more customers globally so they can close deals faster in the cloud and in person from the convenience of their mobile device."
- "Salesforce.com's strategy is for Salesforce1 to fuel 'a golden age in enterprise apps' by acting as a platform upon which both enterprise customers and independent software vendors (ISVs) can develop and run new apps that are fully integrated into the Salesforce user experience. This heralds a new platform-as-a-service era for enterprise applications...Cloud service platforms will drive an even bigger revolution in enterprise IT as we all try to make sense of the opportunities created by tens of billions of connected devices, thousands of apps, and the customers and citizens that own and use them."—Dr. Steve Hodgkinson, Research Director IT, Ovum
New Salesforce1—The Customer Platform for the Internet of Customers
Every day millions of new products, apps and devices are connecting to the Internet. By 2020, there will be more than 50 billion connected things—from smartphones and wearables to jet engines and ultrasound machines. And behind every product, every app and every device there is a customer. Welcome to the Internet of Customers—a revolution where companies will connect every employee, partner, product, app and device to their customer using the power of social, mobile and cloud. Customers have never been so close, and companies must be prepared to sell, service and market to them anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Salesforce1 is the next generation social, mobile and cloud platform for this new connected world—the first customer platform built to transform the world's #1 sales, service and marketing apps for the Internet of Customers. Salesforce1 delivers all the speed, agility and power of Salesforce, re-engineered for the needs of today's connected business. With 10X more APIs and services, companies can also build and customize the next generation of connected apps faster than ever before using the Salesforce1 Customer Platform. By connecting and customizing everything—every app, every device, every customer data source, every experience—companies can sell, service and market to customers in a whole new way.
Demand for Social, Mobile and More Connected Experiences Triggers Rapid Salesforce1 Adoption
With the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, companies love the modern, integrated experience that allows them to unlock new ways to build meaningful relationships with their customers.
- The Customer Platform has been completely re-engineered to make every previous Salesforce investment that companies have made future-proof, so every existing custom app, CRM customization and partner app is now available to employees through a modern mobile interface.
- And with more than 10 million Visualforce pages and custom actions now mobile-enabled, admins are making Salesforce1 even more valuable by combining fields, objects and even other services into pages, components and apps that run within Salesforce1.
- With radically more APIs and services, developers can create, connect and deploy next generation mobile apps faster than ever to bridge the "app gap," enabling them to focus on growth and innovation instead of investing in legacy infrastructure and long, complex development cycles. Custom Salesforce1 apps deliver personalized experiences, connect to any device and any customer information source, and can be built in a fraction of the time compared to legacy platforms.
Employees love how the Salesforce1 Customer Platform puts their entire business into a single user experience, and have flocked to the new Salesforce1 Mobile App in its first month of availability. In November 2013, the Salesforce1 Customer Platform generated a 96 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce1 mobile app. The Salesforce1 Customer Platform also drove a 46 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce Mobile SDK in November, as companies immediately began leveraging custom apps built on the world's #1 cloud platform.
Partners Harness the Salesforce1 Customer Platform to Transform Disruptive Ideas into Successful Apps
Salesforce1 has also ignited a new generation of enterprise apps from the salesforce.com partner ecosystem. Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange have already doubled since the launch of the customer platform, and more than 250 partners have now committed to delivering entirely new Salesforce1 apps, including major partners such as DocuSign, Dropbox, Evernote, Infor and LinkedIn. Leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, partners can build custom apps, from accounting to contract management to ERP, faster than ever before and bring the most important data into the central feed of Salesforce. And customers benefit from access to the largest ecosystem of social, mobile and connected cloud apps, instantly available on any device, to run their entire business on Salesforce1.
Leading Companies Run Their Business on Salesforce1
Leading companies, such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1. Companies now have a powerful mobile platform through which they can access and manage their entire business from anywhere, completely personalize their experience and supercharge app development. Companies can also customize Salesforce and partner apps in entirely new ways to meet the specific needs of their company.
- Salesforce1 Sales Cloud enables sales reps to approve a quote, create a contact, update an opportunity or create a custom action from any device, at any time.
- Salesforce1 Service Cloud empowers companies to embed service everywhere—in every single product, app or experience—making the path to customer satisfaction instant and frictionless.
- Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud gives marketers the power to listen to and engage their customers, or create, approve and monitor campaigns in real time, delivering 1:1 marketing from any device, at any time.
- Salesforce1 AppExchange provides ISVs with a marketplace to build, market and distribute next generation business apps on the same cutting-edge customer platform that powers salesforce.com's own apps.
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce1 Customer Platform is now generally available and included with all user licenses of Salesforce CRM and the Salesforce Platform.
- Salesforce1 Mobile App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Salesforce1 Admin App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @Salesforce on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforce
- Get more information on Salesforce1 at http://www.salesforce.com/salesforce1
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforcea/id404249815?ls=1&mt=8
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.chatter&hl=en
Salesforce.com is the world's largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2014 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners
[i] 96 percent increase in active users of Salesforce1 refers to the increase in single users, who have logged on to Salesforce1 at least once in November, as compared to the number of Chatter Mobile active users who logged on at least once, in the month of October 2013.
46 percent increase in active users of Salesforce Mobile SDK built on the Salesforce1 Customer Platform refers the increase in single users of custom mobile apps built on Salesforce1 in November 2013 as compared to mobile apps built on Force.com in October 2013.
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,170
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 19, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 821
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,298
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,857
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,165
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,162
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 19, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,978
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,979
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,011
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,289
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 811
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,323
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,379
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,356
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,263
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,485
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,317
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,680
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,880
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,958