|By Business Wire||
|October 14, 2013 06:30 AM EDT||
DreamPlay Toys, LLC, the joint venture between emerging technology company NantWorks, LLC, founded by Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong and leading US toy company, JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (Nasdaq: JAKK), announced today the launch of the “Ariel’s Musical Surprise” app, now available on the iTunes® app store. The app, developed by DreamPlay Toys and published by Disney, utilizes NantWorks’ patented iD recognition technology to recognize 2D images and 3D objects. The app enhances the at-home toy experiences on select Little Mermaid toys and role-play items manufactured by JAKKS Pacific now available at retailers nationwide, and also offers game play on its own.
DreamPlay Toys, LLC, the joint venture between NantWorks, LLC, founded by Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (Nasdaq: JAKK), announced the launch of the "Ariel's Musical Surprise" app on the iTunes® app store. The app, developed by DreamPlay Toys and published by Disney, utilizes Nantworks' patented iD recognition technology. The app enhances the at-home toy experiences on select JAKKS Little Mermaid toys now available at retailers nationwide, and also offers game play on its own. (Photo: Business Wire)
“At its core, this patented recognition technology is transforming the World Wide Web into the web enabled world, allowing individuals to browse the physical world around them and unlock new digital experiences,” said Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, NantWorks’ founder.
The patented 2D and 3D recognition technologies instantly recognize each DreamPlay™ app-enabled Little Mermaid toy without the need for any type of marker or QR code, and creates a magical experience for consumers in the form of interactive games, content-rich experiences and animation available on their smart phone or tablet device.
“The iD recognition empowers kids to unlock the physical world with digital content related to their favorite toys,” said Stephen Berman, Co-Founder and CEO, JAKKS Pacific, Inc. “This marks a seamless convergence of technology, storytelling and traditional toy play delivered through a single experience; bringing magic to life.”
In celebration of the release of The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition on Blu-ray™ this fall, “Ariel’s Musical Surprise” is the first-ever DreamPlay app. When played with select Little Mermaid toys from JAKKS, Ariel’s beautiful underwater world and iconic music from the film comes to life, connecting kids to a favorite Disney character. Children can explore Ariel’s grotto, paint and decorate fish under the sea, and create and play music. 3D gameplay rendering allows for a unique and truly magical experience never before available.
The DreamPlay app-enabled Little Mermaid toys from JAKKS include:
- Ariel Musical Light-Up Feature Dress - Girls can celebrate their inner princess in this gorgeous Ariel-themed mermaid gown with motion-activated lights and fun music. With the DreamPlay app experience, little girls can learn to dance with fish and follow their moves as they guide them around the dance floor. Ages 3-5, SRP $34.99
- Musical Instrument Set - Budding musicians can strike up their very own crustacean band with this set that includes bongos, a tambourine, a pair of maracas, a trumpet and a microphone. With the DreamPlay app experience, children can interact with Sebastian, mimicking his moves on the bongos while trying to follow along. Watch out because each round becomes more challenging! Ages 3-5, SRP $19.99
- Magical Mermaid Kitchen - Little girls can cook up a fantastical feast with this incredible kitchen that says multiple phrases, makes fun kitchen sounds and includes lots of kitchen accessories! And, with the DreamPlay app experience, little cooks can learn to create cakes and treats and be rewarded with a “fireworks” display for a job well done. Ages 3-5, SRP $79.99
- Ariel Keyboard Vanity - Little princesses can treat themselves to a royal makeover, or transform the vanity into a keyboard to create original music. With the DreamPlay app experience, children can play a musical game led by magical seahorses. Ages 3-5, SRP $89.99
The DreamPlay app-enabled Little Mermaid toys from JAKKS are each sold separately and available now at major retailers nationwide. The “Ariel’s Musical Surprise” app is free to download now on the iTunes app store. Children can also experience fun gameplay through in-app purchases, without the need to purchase additional products. For more information, visit www.jakks.com/dreamplay.
About DreamPlay Toys, LLC
DreamPlay Toys, LLC is a joint venture between leading toy manufacturer JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (Nasdaq: JAKK) and technology innovator NantWorks LLC, to develop, market and sell toys and related consumer products incorporating NantWorks’ proprietary iD™ image recognition technology. This revolutionary technology enables the consumer to create magic in the real world, using a smart phone or tablet device to instantly link physical product to video content, animation and interactive game play. JAKKS Pacific plans to introduce a broad product line which will combine this ground-breaking technology with exciting new content, leaving consumers with a memorable and entertaining experience.
About JAKKS Pacific, Inc.
JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAKK) is a leading designer and marketer of toys and consumer products with a wide range of products that feature popular brands and children's toy licenses. JAKKS’ diverse portfolio includes Action Figures, Electronics, Dolls, Dress-Up, Role Play, Halloween Costumes, Kids Furniture, Vehicles, Plush, Art Activity Kits, Seasonal Products, Infant/Pre-School, Construction Toys, Ride-On Vehicles, Wagons, Inflatable Environments and Tents, Impulse Toys and Pet Products sold under various proprietary brands including JAKKS Pacific®, Creative Designs International™, Road Champs®, Funnoodle®, JAKKS Pets™, Plug It In & Play TV Games™, Kids Only!®, Tollytots®, Disguise®, Moose Mountain® and Maui®. JAKKS is also the creator of the underlying Monsuno® property and toy line. JAKKS is an award-winning licensee of several hundred nationally and internationally known trademarks including Nickelodeon®, Warner Bros.®, Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Hello Kitty®, Graco® and Cabbage Patch Kids®. DreamPlay Toys, LLC is a joint venture between JAKKS Pacific, Inc. and NantWorks LLC to develop, market and sell toys and related consumer products incorporating NantWorks’ proprietary iD image recognition technology. www.jakks.com
About NantWorks, LLC
On the front-lines of the cutting edge, NantWorks brings the impossible to life.
Founded by renowned scientist and medical mind Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, NantWorks LLC converges the powers of semiconductor technology, supercomputing, advanced networks, and proven innovation—all animated by the limitless power of human ingenuity—to reimagine and redefine the world around us. Applying collaborative sciences to fields as diverse as healthcare, commerce, and digital entertainment, NantWorks seeks not just to remodel how we interact with our environments—but to revolutionize how we all work, live, and play on a daily basis.
NantWorks is the umbrella organization for the following entities: NantHealth, NantMobile, NantMedia, NantOmics, NantBio, and NantCloud. Fact-based and solution driven, each of NantWork’s division entities operates at the intersection of innovation and infrastructure.
The NantWorks recognition platform comprises state of the art and proprietary image, object, music and voice recognition technologies.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements (within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) that are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about JAKKS Pacific's business based partly on assumptions made by its management. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such statements due to numerous factors, including, but not limited to, those described above, changes in demand for JAKKS' products, product mix, the timing of customer orders and deliveries, the impact of competitive products and pricing, and difficulties with integrating acquired businesses. The forward-looking statements contained herein speak only as of the date on which they are made, and JAKKS undertakes no obligation to update any of them to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- The CTOvision Big Data Top Enterprise Tech List: The most important data technologies to accelerate into your infrastructure
- Analyst One Announces Top Analytical Technologies List
- Financial Results, New Contracts, Stock Performance Update, Survey Results, and Scheduled General Meetings - Research Report on Yahoo, Youku, YY, ChinaCache, and j2 Global
- Canadian Companies Embrace Offshore Outsourcing in a Big Way
- Extending and Augmenting Hadoop
- SC13 Exhibitor Profiles
- Enterprise Cloud Computing: Dallas – January 23 – 24, 2014
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The SDN, NFV & Network Virtualization Bible: 2014 - 2020
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Financial Results, New Appointments, and General Meetings - Research Report on Red Hat, Yelp, Sierra Wireless, Infinera, and Bitauto
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- Analyst One Announces Top Analytical Technologies List
- Big Data and Telecom Analytics Market: Business Case, Market Analysis & Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- Discount Code for Strata and Hadoop World NYC is 28-30 Oct 2013
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Microsoft's Chase After Google Reverberates