|By Business Wire||
|April 12, 2013 04:00 AM EDT||
Evidon, the digital marketing intelligence company, today announced the launch of Evidon InForm Mobile to bring its market leading consumer privacy solution into the mobile world. As part of this offering, Evidon’s free, first of its kind privacy control app, “Ad Control,” that enables consumers to opt out of Cross-App advertising, is now available in the Apple App Store, and will be available in the Google Play App Store this month for Android users.
The mobile marketing community has been looking for effective technology to provide consumers with transparency and choice for mobile data collection and use, especially in the wake of Apple’s decision to change the protocol behind its unique device identifiers (UDIDs) last year. Today, Evidon InForm Mobile technology is up and running at scale for dozens of mobile marketing partners.
“Evidon and the DAA have worked closely since the inception of the Ad Choices program. We are very pleased to see yet another innovative solution brought to market by Evidon and embraced by such a broad swath of the mobile ecosystem from the outset,” said Stu Ingis, General Counsel for the DAA. “The DAA is the place where the entire ecosystem has convened and developed effective consumer choice. We expect that as the DAA Principles are applied across mobile platforms that Evidon InForm Mobile will provide our business partners with an elegant solution to honoring DAA Principles.”
“Evidon InForm Mobile gives consumers more understanding and control over their choices with a solution that has been optimized for mobile, in particular for Cross-App Advertising that will be covered under the soon to be released DAA Mobile Principles,” said Scott Meyer CEO of Evidon.
“We've been close partners with Evidon since 2011 and it’s been great for our business,” said Are Traasdahl, Tapad’s Founder and CEO. “Working with Evidon InForm Mobile for AdChoices takes our transparency initiatives to the next level and it is gratifying to know that collectively, our early efforts to set industry standards were on the mark.”
In addition to Tapad, companies already working with Evidon InForm Mobile include: ActionX, Adelphic, AdRoll, AdTruth, Aerify Media, Celtra, DataXu, Essence Digital, EveryScreen Media, Jumptap, IgnitionOne, Local Response, Medialets, MediaMath, Rocket Fuel, RunDSP, Tapit by Phunware, Videology, VivaKi, GroupM and IPG Mediabrands all have given their support to this effort as well.
The companies above have integrated or are in the process of integrating with the Evidon Ad Control app. This will enable consumers to set their advertising preferences across an app with a few clicks, and also to set opt-out cookies for Online Behavioral Advertising delivered through mobile web browsers. The number of companies participating is expected to grow significantly in the coming months.
“Evidon has been our Preferred Partner for Self-Regulatory compliance since the inception of the program. They have incorporated feedback from us to help us deliver the type of security and transparency we provide through Audience On Demand®, our programmatic addressable media buying offering, to our agencies and their clients. Their response is a simple and scalable solution that the market has been waiting for,” said Grace Liau, SVP of Partnerships for VivaKi.
Evidon InForm Mobile technology is built on the same platform that powers Evidon’s market-leading privacy controls for traditional display advertising. Evidon InForm Mobile is designed to provide the simplest, most comprehensive way for mobile marketers and publishers to give consumers clear disclosures and control over how their data is collected and used on both mobile websites and apps, as well as in ads across both.
“We have been the leading privacy solution for mobile web ads for more than a year. The addition of a robust in-app capability ensures that our more than 275 clients will have the coverage they need to leverage the opportunity in mobile in a privacy-safe way,” said Evidon CEO Scott Meyer.
Evidon InForm Mobile seamlessly delivers the right experience to the end user, and client deployment is simple. Publishers and networks are not required to install or make any changes to SDK’s. Each individual partner’s opt-out is accommodated automatically, without the use of any unique identifier or the need to rely on a third-party database of consumer opt-out preferences that could introduce performance and security issues. Existing Evidon InForm clients are not required to execute a new contract to deploy this new functionality.
Evidon reveals the invisible web.
Its technology gives brands, publishers, networks and other businesses around the world unique insight into the digital ecosystem—including unparalleled intelligence on the marketing technologies that underpin the commercial web —and the power to control their impact on business.
Evidon technology includes Ghostery®, the industry-leading browser tool that reports on data collection across 26 million websites and informs the company’s business control solutions. Evidon also provides market-leading privacy controls for more than $2 billion of display media and e-commerce transactions annually that empower more than 150 million people a day to control how their information is used online.
Companies make smarter decisions, protect their businesses and consumer privacy, and grow revenue as a result. www.evidon.com
# # #
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict