|By Marketwired .||
|April 3, 2013 09:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/03/13 -- SiSense, the Big Data Analytics Company, announced today that it completed a $10M Series B round of funding led by Battery Ventures with participation from Opus Capital and Genesis Partners. Over the past year alone, SiSense subscription revenues grew 520%, winning customers in 49 countries and a stream of accolades, most recently the Audience Choice award at the O'Reilly Strata Big Data Conference. SiSense will use the investment to meet intense demand for its solution.
"We are thrilled to add Battery Ventures as an investor," said SiSense CEO, Amit Bendov. "We are experiencing exponential sales growth and incredible buzz in the market -- it is time to step on the accelerator. Our biggest challenge right now is growing the sales force and the support teams quickly enough to keep up with the demand."
"Battery Ventures is committed to funding the most promising Big Data companies and we see in SiSense the potential to lead in this huge market," said Itzik Parnafes, General Partner, Battery Ventures. "SiSense's groundbreaking technology and market approach challenges the older-generation business intelligence software vendors. The enthusiastic rate at which customers have flocked to the company and raved about its innovation makes this investment a win for everyone."
Global brands, like Target and Merck, and hot startups, like Wix and Uber, are among the rapidly growing customer base.
The vast majority of the world's businesses have between 1/2 to 100 terabytes of data and this is where SiSense's Prism is far superior to existing solutions. Deploying complex Hadoop clusters or data warehouse appliances designed to handle petabytes is needlessly complicated and prohibitively expensive. On the flip side, traditional in-memory solutions are limited by the computer's RAM and are difficult to scale beyond 1/2 Terabyte. SiSense Prism can analyze 100 times more data than traditional in-memory solutions, at a fraction of the cost, and can analyze on one node what normally requires 20 nodes. Moreover, Prism is not just a high-performance analytical database -- it is a complete business intelligence solution, designed for non-technical business users, that includes a columnar database, ETL (data extraction and transformation) tools, and web visualizations.
"SiSense has created an exciting new approach to data analysis, combining the power of columnar technology with in-memory speed on huge amounts of data, all on a single node that's easy to install," says David Gerster, Director of Analytics at Groupon and BI industry expert. "If you've been wrestling with the size limitations of other tools, do yourself a favor and try SiSense. There's nothing else on the market that crunches big data so easily and inexpensively."
"I am deeply impressed with what the SiSense team has done," says Robin Bloor, founder of the Bloor Research group. "Efficient software like SiSense's and its on-chip optimization will inevitably become a driving force at every level."
The secret behind SiSense simplicity and performance is its Elasticube, a high-performance analytical database that maximizes machine RAM, CPU, and Disk use. SiSense Prism is designed for the latest 64bit chipsets and utilizes on-chip optimization and columnar data structure to allow for performance 50-100x faster than traditional relational databases. SiSense Prism can be deployed on premise and in the cloud and its built-in visualizations use the latest advancement in web technologies and make it easy for anyone to interact with data from any browser or mobile devices.
- Ability to analyze 100x more data than RAM based in-memory solutions
- Can store and query tens of billions of rows of data
- Runs on commodity, "off-the-shelf" hardware
- Provides automatic extraction ("ETL") from all major databases including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Intuit QuickBase, and applications like Salesforce.com, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Spreadsheets, Zendesk and Intuit QuickBooks, and data from Hadoop/Hive
Awards and Recognition:
- Audience Choice Award, O'Reilly Strata Conference
- Vendor to Watch, Information Management
- Hot Product to See at Dreamforce, CRN
- Top 10 Things to See at Hadoop World, CRN
SiSense is democratizing Big Data Analytics by pioneering a new approach that enables organizations of all sizes to make sense of their data. SiSense Prism -- powered by Elasticube technology -- delivers unmatched performance, agility & value. With customers in 49 countries, including global brands like Target and Merck, SiSense was recently designated a company to watch by Information Management, its solution won the "Audience Choice" award at the O'Reilly Strata conference and was named by CRN a "Hot Product to See at Dreamforce," and included in the "Top 10 Things to See at Hadoop World."
Download a free trial version of the software at http://www.sisense.com/Prism-free-trial
Copyright © 2013 SiSense. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict