|By Business Wire||
|March 13, 2013 08:03 AM EDT||
Sencha, the leader in powering HTML5 development for desktop and mobile applications, today announced significant updates to its core products — Sencha Architect, Sencha Ext JS, and Sencha Touch — to further extend its leadership in HTML5 application development. With these updates, Sencha is making HTML5 the natural choice for business app developers to design, develop, and deploy high quality, universal applications from a single code base. Sencha also launched Sencha Touch Bundle, the industry’s first HTML5 product suite that provides mobile developers with all of the tools they need to build touch-based apps in a single, integrated package.
HTML5 is rapidly emerging as the de facto standard for building high quality mobile and desktop applications as developers embrace the flexibility and productivity gains of building apps without having to commit to a restrictive proprietary platform and code. Sencha makes it easy to harness the power of this open technology and universal approach through its rich frameworks and tools that dramatically simplify the design, development, and deployment of high quality, intuitive applications. The new enhancements to Sencha Architect, Ext JS, and Sencha Touch deliver faster, more powerful components—improving usability, while considerably improving functionality.
“Sencha gives us a massive step forward in developing rich web applications by delivering one of the best HTML5 frameworks on the market,” said Craig Walker, CTO of Xero, a Sencha customer. “We use the modern UI components, layouts and core framework to save time and keep our developers focused on writing app code. With Ext JS and Sencha Touch, we've built compelling and seamless user experiences across all our products and were able to deploy those products to multiple platforms at the same time – serving all of our customers.”
“Application developers’ jobs are getting more complex every day. With every launch of a new browser, mobile operating system or platform, the responsibility of providing users with access to a company’s core business applications becomes a greater challenge. Sencha’s development frameworks and tools leverage open standards like HTML5 to tame this complexity and put developers back in control,” said Aditya Bansod, vice president of product marketing at Sencha. “The new versions of Sencha Architect, Touch, and Ext JS, combined with the new Sencha Touch Bundle, turbocharge developer productivity, providing them with all the tools they need to rapidly bring high quality HTML5 enterprise applications to any mobile device, tablet or desktop.”
Get Everything You Need to Build Awesome, Touch-based Apps in One Bundle
Sencha Touch Bundle is the ultimate combination of technology, tools, and support for developing HTML5 mobile and touch-based apps. Developers and teams looking to develop mobile-first can get an entire mobile toolset in a single, cost-effective package. The new bundle includes the latest versions of Sencha Architect, Sencha Touch, Sencha Touch Charts, the Sencha Eclipse Plugin and much more. Sencha Touch Bundle is perfect for developers and businesses executing a mobile-first strategy.
Design and Develop Apps Faster Than Ever with Sencha Architect
Sencha Architect 2.2 is the leading mobile and desktop application builder that makes it easy for development teams to design, develop, and deploy apps from a visual, user-oriented developer environment. The new version significantly enhances performance and integrates with the latest versions of Sencha Ext JS and Sencha Touch.
Key new capabilities include:
- Improved performance with large and complex applications
- Better team and tooling workflows for source control systems
- Easier navigation for managing large projects
- Integration and support for the latest frameworks, including Ext JS 4.2
Easily Handle Big Data and Give Your App a Modern Theme with Sencha Ext JS
Key new capabilities include:
- Improved big data grids for enterprise developers
- New modern theme with customizable UI
- Enhanced internationalization support for right-to-left (RTL) languages
- New browser support for IE 10
Build Apps for All The Latest Mobile Devices with Sencha Touch
Sencha Touch 2.2 is a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework that enables developers to build fast and impressive apps that work on every leading mobile platform and device including Apple iOS, Google Android, BlackBerry 10 and Microsoft Windows Phone 8.
Key new features include:
- New browser and platform support for IE 10, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Faster, more powerful components for infinite grid, animations and task management
Pricing & Availability
Sencha Touch Bundle is available today at a special introductory price of $695 per developer (list price $795), and includes Sencha Touch, Sencha Touch Charts, Sencha Architect, Sencha Eclipse Plugin and Sencha Support. Sencha Architect 2.2 is available today at a starting price of $399 for new customers, and free of charge for eligible existing customers. Sencha Ext JS 4.2 is available today with commercial licenses starting at $329 for new customers. Eligible existing customers with a support subscription can get the update for free. Sencha Touch 2.2 is currently in beta and available for evaluation. Sencha Touch 2.2 has an expected general availability release in Q2, and will remain completely free of charge.
More information on today’s announcement can be found on the Sencha blog at www.sencha.com/blog.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict