|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2013 11:41 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EverFi, Inc., the education technology company that teaches, assesses, and certifies students in critical skills, has announced that its client network has grown to more than 1,000 companies, foundations, and higher education institutions. In just over a year, the company has added nearly 500 new clients to drive education innovation at scale, cumulatively certifying more than 5.5 million students through its online learning platforms.
A number of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms have invested in this mission including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Rethink Education, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA), and Tomorrow Ventures (the investment arm of Google Chairman Eric Schmidt).
EverFi is working with some of the world's largest brands and organizations to bring its innovative learning platforms to K-12 schools at no cost. These include BBVA Compass, Burger King, Capital One, Comcast, Genworth Financial, the John Calipari Family Foundation, JPMorgan Chase, Neustar and PepsiCo.
New partner relationships include the Rauner Family Foundation, founded by Chicago businessman Bruce Rauner, has also partnered with EverFi to sponsor the EverFi™ - Financial Literacy program in high schools across Illinois, with JPMorgan Chase sponsoring the program in Chicago.
"The lack of critical financial skills is leaving today's students unprepared to thrive in today's economic environment," said Bruce Rauner. "While we need to continue to invest in positive change in our state education system, public-private partnerships like this are a critical way to move education forward without costing taxpayers or school districts a single dollar."
Among EverFi's newest clients in the higher education arena are the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Florida State University and Marshall University. Each of these clients is implementing AlcoholEdu® for College, a 2.5-hour, web-based alcohol abuse prevention course that is used by more than 500 colleges and universities and by 33 percent of all incoming students to four-year colleges and universities in the United States each year.
"We're trying to create a massive new infrastructure in the education space that networks together America's most powerful companies, foundations, universities and public school systems for the purpose of educational innovation," said Tom Davidson, EverFi chief executive officer. "Surpassing 1,000 paying clients and certifying 5.5 million students in critical skills gives us unprecedented size, but there's still a long way to go."
EverFi's network now extends to more than 5,000 high schools, colleges and universities, including 69 of the 100 top school districts in the United States, such as Chicago, Miami, Las Vegas, Houston and Los Angeles.
About EverFi Inc.
EverFi, Inc. is the leading education technology company to teach, assess, and certify students in critical skills. EverFi's education learning platforms include Financial Literacy, Student Loan Management, Digital Literacy, Cyberbullying, Alcohol Abuse and Sexual Assault Awareness, and additional product areas to be announced in early 2012. The company is already powering a national movement in 50 states that enables adults and students to learn using the latest technology, including rich media, 3D gaming, simulation, social networking, and virtual worlds. Learn more at www.everfi.com.
Jamie Rismiller/Bridget Nolan
SOURCE EverFi, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict