|By Marketwired .||
|February 28, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
CAMPBELL, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/13 -- YouSendIt, Inc., a leading cloud file collaboration service, today announced the appointment of Ned Sizer as chief financial officer. Sizer's success leading IPOs, mergers and acquisitions at global technology and cloud-based companies including Ancestry.com, Silver Spring Networks, Omniture and Macromedia (acquired by Adobe) will allow YouSendIt to continue its rapid growth trajectory. His addition is the latest in a string of new management hires made by recently appointed CEO, Brad Garlinghouse.
"It's no secret that I strongly believe that culture has a significant impact on the success of a company. The executive management team is a reflection of where the company's headed, not where it has been," said Brad Garlinghouse, YouSendIt CEO. "We are gaining momentum and growing steadily with more than 40 million registered users and $57 million in revenue last year. Ned's financial background and vast experience executing successful IPOs and acquisitions makes him the perfect fit for YouSendIt."
"YouSendIt is clearly growing and is a company on the rise, it added nearly 10 million registered users in the past six months alone," said Ned Sizer, YouSendIt chief financial officer. "The fundamentals for this business are tremendous and I'm looking forward to helping the company continue to scale both internationally and domestically with this exceptional leadership team."
In an effort to continue to grow and scale YouSendIt in an increasingly competitive space, Garlinghouse has overhauled the YouSendIt management team in recent months. Joining YouSendIt "veteran" Bobby Jaffari, vice president sales, is a new team of tech industry leaders with a wide range of consumer and enterprise expertise, and of course, all have that little extra something to add to the company culture:
- Eric van Miltenburg was brought on as senior vice president of international, business and corporate development. Eric brings years of experience and established industry relationships to YouSendIt. Some of his most notable work was done while at Yahoo where he spearheaded one of the company's largest partnership initiatives to date, the newspaper consortium that boasted nearly 900 total newspapers as members. Eric's team championed and was responsible for YouSendIt's "cloud-nostic" approach to the market with the acquisition of Found in January. Found is a technology solution that enables customers to access data across cloud services and devices, regardless of platform.
- Kiersten Hollars was hired to lead YouSendIt's Corporate Communications efforts. Hollars comes from Andreessen Horowitz where she counseled start-ups on their PR and Marketing efforts. She brings extensive expertise in consumer and enterprise PR but more importantly has established relationships with an extensive network in the media industry.
- Matte Scheinker was recently brought in as chief product officer to renew YouSendIt's focus on the customer experience. Scheinker is most known for playing an integral role in helping Yahoo's communications products including Yahoo! Messenger shoot to the No. 1 spot, globally. His team is off to a strong start in 2013 with the launch of the enterprise-grade security mobile suite allowing customers to send, store, share and sign documents from anywhere.
- Mike Trigg is YouSendIt's new chief marketing officer. A former U.S. Senate press secretary and tech entrepreneur, Trigg also held several senior marketing and product roles at consumer and enterprise technology companies like hi5 and Epiphany. Trigg brings incredible knowledge and expertise to the team. He's willing to take risks and be bold which is what YouSendIt needs now more than ever as Trigg and his team lead the efforts around giving the company quite a "facelift."
- Lynne Collins was recently appointed head of HR where she's responsible for the things nearest and dearest to Garlinghouse's heart: culture. Having worked closely with companies like Overstock.com, the executive search firm Exceptional People and AOL, Collins has made a real impact in the tech world and beyond through her exceptional ability to build a company's image and culture from the ground up.
YouSendIt is currently conducting a search for a new Chief Technology Officer and expects to close on this very soon. Stay tuned...
For more info on YouSendIt's management team, check out our team page here.
Founded in 2004, YouSendIt was working in the cloud before the term was even coined. At first the service was a simple way to send the large attachments that email couldn't process, but has since grown to become a robust suite of online file storage and management capabilities. Today, the company serves 40 million registered users across 193 countries and 98 percent of the Fortune 500. Aside from offering professionals an easy-to-use collaboration solution, YouSendIt's renowned reliability, untouched data security and endless innovation make it the go-to solution for businesses, big and small.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict