|By Shelly Palmer||
|February 27, 2013 05:04 PM EST||
The world turns to events like Mobile World Congress to see what the mobile market of the future will look like, and this year’s MWC in Barcelona Spain will be no exception. One of the technologies debuting at the event is the new WeVideo mobile app for Android, now in beta.
Unlike other “video editing apps,” the WeVideo app syncs with the cloud, which is significant because this lets people capture mobile video and pictures, and then have the choice of making a mobile edit and publishing, or simply saving it for a later, more sophisticated edit, on WeVideo’s full-featured cloud-based video editor. (The editor was recently launched as WeVideo 3.0, available at www.WeVideo.com.)
Key Features of the App Include:
- Record Video - Launch the WeVideo Android app and record videos to the phone. Trim video clips, tag friends and upload to the cloud.
- Creative Control - Arrange clips, adjust track volume, and stylize with any one of the unique WeVideo themes, with built-in music, filters, transitions and titles.
- Mobile Media Integration - Add and edit video, music and photos from your phone.
- Expansive Exporting - Export final videos to WeVideo, YouTube, and Facebook. Customers can even export to their phone.
- Mobile-To-Cloud Syncing – Content created on the WeVideo Android app syncs with the cloud and can be edited with full creative control with the WeVideo.com editor.
The WeVideo Android app is now available on the Samsung Galaxy S III, The Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Note II and the Google Nexus, with more devices to be added. The beta release can be downloaded here.
Company spokesperson and Vice President of Marketing and Sales Mark Floisand said:
“Today’s customers are ready for technologies that let them share more about themselves and their lives. Right now, customers can find and download our app, but we also believe technologies like the WeVideo mobile platform will soon be integrated into handsets everywhere. A few years ago, the market wasn’t ready; networks didn’t have the bandwidth to support mobile video creation, hardware wasn’t fast enough and consumers weren’t quite committed to do more than snap a picture and share it to Facebook. Now, however, we have the perfect storm where people can capture, create and share their stories quickly, and from anywhere. We’re excited to see where the mobile video market goes in the coming years.”
With technologies like the WeVideo mobile editing app, consumers are becoming more comfortable with, not only capturing mobile video, but editing it and publishing only the parts that they care about most, in a way that is most flattering to the narrative. This type of customer-centered technology makes for more “sharable” content and after all, isn’t making something more viewable and enjoyable the entire point of media making?
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict