|By Cloud Ventures||
|February 27, 2013 02:58 PM EST||
Courtesy of the Centre for Global EHealth Innovation we held our first CCN seminar last week, entitled Cloud Computing and disruptive business models for E-Health.
The seminar focused on the disruptive and transformational impact new technologies like Cloud Computing and Open Data will bring to Healthcare, and the commercialization opportunities this presents for entrepreneurs.
This followed on from our TRANSFORM e-magazine special edition focused on Canadian E-Health Cloud Computing. Download from here.
Dennis provided an in-depth presentation on the topics of this paper. Download the slides: Canada Cloud Network – Infoway – Feb 21 2013.
We then followed on with other speakers who explored and built on these principles in different ways:
- ZenVault – Personal Cloud EMR. Myself and David Chartash explored the disruptive potential of a “Personal Cloud” approach to EMR, where patients directly store their own records in the Cloud. Download the slides.
- Google Cloud End Points - Local Android developer expert Mark Lapasa presented on the very new technology from Google, called Cloud End Points, and the role it can play in accelerating new mobile app ventures for E-Health. Access Mark`s slides here.
- Big Data, Open Data and Accelerating Health Innovation in the Cloud - Jury Konga is an expert in Open Data and how it has been used to enable more innovations in the Municipal Government sector. In this presentation he explores how these same principles could be reapplied in E-Health. Access Jury`s slides here.
- Google Vault - My Sheepdog colleague Jeffrey De Leeuw provided a live demo of Google Vault, so there aren`t slides available. However to see the same demo check out this Youtube video.
As you might expect it was the disruptive ideas that encouraged the most debate. In particular the idea of patients taking ownership of their own healthcare records sparked some lively debate – It was proposed that Health industry professionals would have a tough time accepting the validity of this information – What do you think? Comment below..
Thanks to all who attended and presented, and to the Centre for hosting the event.
Our next session is now scheduled for 13th March, focusing on Always On Cloud Computing – Hope to see you there…
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict