|By Marketwired .||
|February 27, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/13 -- SiSense, the Big Data Analytics Company, won the Audience Choice Award last night at the O'Reilly Strata conference "Startup Showcase" with its record-breaking ability to analyze billions of rows of data in a flash. The company will continue to showcase this record for the rest of the week at Strata (booth P3).
CTO Eldad Farkash demonstrated the power of SiSense Prism by analyzing 10TB of data in 10 seconds installed on a single node on a standard Dell Server, breaking the barriers of traditional in-memory analytics.
"We are thrilled to win the audience choice award," said Farkash. "Our goal is to level the playing field so that businesses of all sizes can access analytics on a massive scale. SiSense's Prism solution can do on one node what others require an expensive clusters of 20 servers."
"The majority of businesses use 1-30 TB of data and now, for the first time, they can work with data at scale, without having to worry about out-of-memory issues or complex integration limitations," says Amit Bendov, SiSense CEO. "Our software combines everything businesses of all sizes need to succeed in one package -- from the database to beautiful visualizations on the web. With this new record, we are proving that Big Data Analytics is not just reserved for companies with large budgets."
The secret behind SiSense simplicity and performance is its Elasticube, a high-performance analytical database which leverages the latest innovation in hardware to maximize machine RAM, CPU, and Disk use. SiSense Prism's columnar data structure and compression algorithms provide great storage improvements. Its compiler runs inside the CPU and inside the machine control unit, and decides in real-time how to best execute queries -- either in RAM, Disk, or both. SiSense uses "vectorization," a process that refers to a machine's ability to apply the same operation to multiple pieces of data simultaneously, resulting in 10X performance gains.
Companies from 48 countries around the globe -- from global brands like Merck, ESPN, and NASA to hot startups like Uber and Wix -- leverage SiSense technology to interpret mass quantities of data from variable data sets and multiple sources. SiSense Prism can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud.
SiSense Prism provides everything a business needs to succeed with Big Data Analytics:
- Ability to analyze 100x more data than RAM based in-memory solutions
- Can store and query tens of billions of rows of data
- Runs on commodity, "off-the-shelf" hardware
- Provides automatic extraction ("ETL") from all major databases including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Intuit QuickBase, and applications like Salesforce.com, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Spreadsheets, Zendesk and Intuit QuickBooks, and data from Hadoop/Hive
At fully functional trial version of SiSense Prism can be downloaded for free at http://www.sisense.com/prism-free-trial
SiSense is democratizing Big Data Analytics by pioneering a new approach that enables organizations of all sizes to make sense of their data. SiSense Prism -- powered by Elasticube technology -- delivers unmatched performance, agility & value. With customers in 48 countries, including global brands like Target and Merck, SiSense was recently designated a company to watch by Information Management, its solution was named by CRN a "Hot Product to See at Dreamforce," and included in the "Top 10 Things to See at Hadoop World." Download a free trial version of the software at http://www.sisense.com/prism-free-trial
Copyright © 2013 SiSense. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict