|By Business Wire||
|February 27, 2013 11:29 AM EST||
The Optical Society (OSA):
WHAT: The 15th annual Executive Forum, sponsored by the Optical Society (OSA) and collocated with OFC/NFOEC, brings together optical communications industry leaders to discuss opportunities and challenges in the field. Attendees gain insight and analysis on emerging trends and financial outlooks, while networking and connecting with fellow industry executives. Topics this year include software-defined networking, massively scalable optical networks, optical components, and the future of broadband access networks.
WHEN/WHERE: Monday, March 18, 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Hilton Anaheim in Anaheim, Calif.
- Keynote Addresses: 8:45 – 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 – 2:15 p.m.
- Panels: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Program includes breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks and evening reception.
WHO: Executive-level representatives from companies including CenturyLink, Facebook, Alcatel-Lucent, Comcast, Google, Microsoft and Verizon. A detailed schedule and speaker bios are available on the Executive Forum website. Panel topics and highlights include:
Najam Ahmad, director, Network Engineering, Facebook
Ahmad will address how the inner-workings of a social network's infrastructure drives network technology choices and evolution.
- Najam Ahmad, director, Network Engineering, Facebook
Presentation: The Optical Backbone – What do we need?, featuring
Pieter Poll, senior vice president, National Network
Planning, Engineering, and Construction, CenturyLink
Poll will discuss traffic demands and trends that carriers are observing. The current marketplace dictates that optical unit costs must scale to provide for relatively flat capital expenditure. Does this remain true in the near future, and what does that mean for the carrier industry and the equipment and component supplier industries? What technologies do the carriers want to deploy into the network that they can’t today?
- Pieter Poll, senior vice president, National Network Planning, Engineering, and Construction, CenturyLink
Massively Scalable Optical Networks, featuring:
- Stuart Elby, chief technologist of digital media services, Verizon
- Mattias Fridstrom, vice president & head of technology, TeliaSonera International Carrier
- Vijay Gill, general manager, Global Foundation Services, Microsoft
- David Welch, executive vice president & chief strategy officer, Infinera
Future of Broadband Access Networks: Towards 1Gbps and Beyond?, featuring:
- Ed Harstead, leader, Technology Excellence Center, Chief Technology Office, Fixed Networks Division, Alcatel-Lucent
- Milo Medin, vice president, Access Services, Google
- Jorge D. Salinger, vice president, Access Network Architecture, Comcast Cable
Adaptable Optical Layer: Software’s Impact on Optical Communications,
- Stephen B. Alexander, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Ciena
- David Husak, CEO and founder, Plexxi
- Robert Keys, chief technology officer, BTI Systems
- Bikash Koley, principal architect and manager, Network Architecture, Google
- David Ward, chief architect & CTO, Engineering, Cisco
Future of the Optical Component Industry – Driven by Technology
Challenges or in Need of a Business Model Tune-Up?,
- Alain Couder, chairman of the board and CEO, Oclaro, Inc.
- Bill Gartner, vice president and general manager, High-End Routing and Optical Group, Cisco Systems
- Jim Hjartarson, CEO, OneChip Photonics Inc.
- Karen Liu, principal analyst, Components, Ovum
- Jerry Rawls, executive chairman, Finisar
EVENT REGISTRATION: Registration for the 2013 Executive Forum can be accessed online through the Executive Forum registration page.
PRESS/ANALYST REGISTRATION: Members of the press and analyst community who are interested in attending should contact Brielle Day at [email protected].
Uniting more than 180,000 professionals from 175 countries, the Optical Society (OSA) brings together the global optics community through its programs and initiatives. Since 1916 OSA has worked to advance the common interests of the field, providing educational resources to the scientists, engineers and business leaders who work in the field by promoting the science of light and the advanced technologies made possible by optics and photonics. OSA publications, events, technical groups and programs foster optics knowledge and scientific collaboration among all those with an interest in optics and photonics. For more information, visit www.osa.org.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict