|By Marketwired .||
|February 25, 2013 03:36 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/25/13 -- TokBox, a Telefónica Digital company, today unveiled the world's first WebRTC video solution for Mozilla's popular web browser, Firefox. TokBox's OpenTok Platform, which was the first to include WebRTC support for Google Chrome, and iOS devices, allows anyone to build video chat into their website or service and have it work seamlessly in any browser or device compatible with WebRTC, with higher quality video and audio.
Developers using OpenTok can take advantage of the native support for WebRTC currently available in Firefox Aurora (version 21) and Firefox Nightly (version 22). When the support goes into general release -- expected in the coming weeks -- any video chat application built on OpenTok WebRTC will automatically work on Firefox browsers, as well as on Chrome, and iOS devices. OpenTok is also the only platform enabling WebRTC group video chats across the various browsers and mobile, with up to four participants supported.
WebRTC is rapidly becoming the accepted standard for enabling real time communication -- both voice and video -- within a web browser, requiring no additional downloads or permissions. As video chat becomes increasingly popular, online brands are looking for opportunities to work around the closed video chat services, such as Skype and FaceTime, and allow anyone to chat with any other person online.
TokBox CEO Ian Small: "WebRTC is the most compelling standard for real time online communication and TokBox will continue to make it easy to take advantage of that standard across as many browsers as possible. The OpenTok Platform will extend the capabilities of basic WebRTC to help enterprises leverage face-to-face video for real-world applications as well as helping developers avoid the API fragmentation that has stymied other markets."
"It is exciting to see the uptake of WebRTC," said Todd Simpson, Chief of Innovation at Mozilla. "Services like OpenTok's group video chat make it easy for websites to add advanced communications to their offerings."
OpenTok has been used by more than 70,000 organizations to add live face to face communications to their site, including American Idol, Major League Baseball, Diet Coke, Ford, Doritos, Bridgestone and Double Robotics.
To find out more visit www.tokbox.com.
TokBox, a Telefónica Digital company, develops and operates the OpenTok Video Platform, enabling the addition of live group video communications into online and mobile websites, apps and services. The scalable, customizable platform gives users the creative freedom to develop any video interaction, from one-to-one chats to large-scale broadcasts.
The first platform to incorporate support for WebRTC, OpenTok caters to enterprises, entrepreneurs and developers with scalable APIs and apps. OpenTok has been used to add video communications to more than 70,000 services by companies including Major League Baseball, Diet Coke, Ford, Doritos, Bridgestone and Double Robotics.
TokBox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict