|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 01:42 PM EST||
HORSHAM, Pa., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Motorola today announced that its award-winning DreamGallery™ technology is newly available on an expanded range of devices—thanks to new virtualization technology.
DreamGallery now uses virtualized cloud-rendering to make TV experiences as rich and easy as surfing the Web—on a variety of devices, including low-cost, entry-level Motorola set-tops. DreamGallery traditionally requires set-tops capable of running an HTML5 browser, but this new virtual module renders HTML5 in the cloud, enabling service providers to offer advanced, dynamic and personalized entertainment experiences to more existing subscribers. The new module is flexible, scalable and low-latency, providing a consistent and snappy user experience on existing Motorola set-tops that would not otherwise have the memory or processing power to deliver DreamGallery.
"DreamGallery is extending its award-winning multi-screen navigation and entertainment experience to millions of Motorola set-tops in subscriber homes today," said John Burke, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Converged Solutions, Motorola Mobility. "Consumers want to find content faster and enjoy it on any device. Our service provider customers are eager to address this demand with rich DreamGallery experiences, but are constrained by the cost and complexity of upgrading their set-top boxes. Now, this cloud-based virtual module lets them deliver this next-generation experience to more subscribers."
DreamGallery is the user navigation component of Motorola's Medios+ platform for multi-screen video distribution. DreamGallery's next-generation entertainment experience has already been widely deployed in Europe. And its footprint is growing in North America: Verizon being the latest service provider announcing plans to use DreamGallery to let its consumers navigate thousands of titles on FiOS Home in the United States.
Now, DreamGallery is taking that even further, enabling quick and personalized searches, customized media, and smart recommendations—on more devices. The advantage is clear: consumers can find exactly what they want on their favorite screen.
Key advantages of the DreamGallery virtual module include:
- DreamGallery technology for a dynamic, Internet-like TV experience on legacy devices
- Consistent DreamGallery experience with all HTML5 browser-based devices (set-tops, tablets, smartphones and other connected devices)
- Leverages the advanced HTML5 cloud rendering capabilities of ActiveVideo Networks' CloudTV H5™ platform for low-latency H.264 or MPEG2 delivery and seamless content navigation and consumption
For more information on DreamGallery visit the product page.
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.
Media Contact (for media and analysts only):
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2013 Motorola Mobility, LLC. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Motorola Mobility
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict