|By RealWire News Distribution||
|February 25, 2013 05:11 AM EST||
SPB TV Solution for TV Everywhere with improved usability, second-screen features and updated content delivery platform will be presented at MWC 2013
(February 25, 2013) BARCELONA - SPB TV, a provider of technology solutions for mobile, IP and OTT (over-the-top) TV brings to Barcelona the next generation of its end-to-end Multi-screen TV Solution. SPB TV will showcase at the MWC 2013 new user-friendly TV apps dedicated for iOS, Android, Symbian and Windows 8, as well an OTT web-based interface available on all devices. Other updates include the SPB TV second-screen application, bringing augmented TV viewing experience to the subscribers, and new SPB TV Media Platform 5.0 with increased reliability and sustainability.
SPB TV is introducing new user interfaces (UI) perfectly tailored for each of the major mobile operating systems: iOS, Android, and Symbian, as well as existing clients for all other mobile platforms. Windows 8 fans will be excited to see a brand new app for Windows 8, designed in a genuine Metro style. A new OTT/desktop version makes SPB TV service available on all devices supporting Internet browsers. The new UI is fun to use and easy to navigate and has a clean, well-organized design.
An exciting new second-screen mobile application is also being launched, enriching the in-home TV viewing experience with social sharing features and augmented reality elements. The app makes TV interactive, giving viewers additional useful information such as actor or director trivia, sport players' and athletes' bios and statistics, detailed recipes used in cooking shows, or even alternative movie endings.
The new SPB TV Media Platform 5.0 features a revolutionary technology for creating a sustainable CDN (Content Delivery Network) and transferring live and VoD TV channels to all video-enabled devices (Mobile, Desktop and TV) across large distances . The dedicated FEC (Forward Error Correction) technology prevents package loss even on RTSP video protocol. The other Platform enhancements include:
1. New Business Intelligence and reporting engine
2. New CMS
3. Updated advertising platform
4. Encoders and Streamers v.2
"Nowadays television and Internet are being merged, allowing us to create extraordinary TV solutions at the junction of TV and IP technologies," says Kirill Philippov, CEO of SPB TV, "No matter how many users you have, 10 thousand or 100 million, and where they are located, with SPB TV you can easily launch a comprehensive TV service, with the same reliability as traditional broadcast TV, but much more enjoyable for the viewers thanks to fantastic cross-platform UX."
SPB TV solutions enable network operators, broadcasters and content owners to deliver video content to multiscreen devices - mobile, tablets, desktop and TVs - efficiently and with high quality. With extensive experience in usability design and a deep knowledge of the mobile market, SPB TV ensures an ultimate experience for multiscreen viewing.
About SPB TV
SPB TV is one of the world's leading providers of end-to-end OTT TV, IP TV and mobile TV solutions for video content delivery to multiscreen devices: mobile, tablet, desktop and TV. SPB TV solutions are integrated by the largest mobile operators, including MTS, Beeline, MegaFon, StarHub, BSNL and other device manufacturers and content owners around the world. SPB TV is a winner of many prestigious awards in multiple categories, including CSI Awards, TV Technology Europe STAR Awards, Russian Mobile VAS Awards, Mobile Entertainment Awards, Google Developer Challenge, and others. SPB TV mobile TV app - the company's own OTT TV service - is available across all mobile platforms and numbers more than 20 million users worldwide.
For EMEA & APAC Inquiries:
Tel: +44 20 7851 4850
For Americas Inquiries:
Tel: +1 (415) 830-4530
For more information, please visit http://www.spbtvsolutions.com
Follow SPB TV on Twitter:
Connect with SPB TV on Facebook:
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict