|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2013 07:00 PM EST||
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the winners of its 2012 Sales & Service Excellence Awards. The IAB Sales Awards honor sales excellence by organizations and individuals as determined by a survey of executives in the interactive advertising buying community, both agencies and advertisers. The IAB Service Excellence Awards recognize outstanding member contributions to IAB industry-related initiatives.
Sales Excellence Awards
The recipients of the IAB Sales Excellence Awards are determined by the IAB Sales Executive Council in partnership with Advertiser Perceptions, Inc., a highly regarded research firm specializing in agency and marketer communities. The IAB Sales Executive Council worked hand-in-hand with Advertiser Perceptions to develop, deploy and field a two-part customer feedback survey to identify the sales organizations and individuals who are viewed by the ad buying community as achieving the highest standard of excellence.
Approximately 400 agency and marketer decision-makers responded across two waves of research. The respondents represented a broad cross-section of verticals, including Automotive, CPG, Financial, Retail and Travel. Each individual respondent spent at least $1 million on online advertising over the last year.
2012 Sales Excellence Award Winners include:
- Overall Sales Excellence for Large Digital Sales Organizations: AOL
- Overall Sales Excellence for Small to Mid-Size Digital Sales Organizations: YuMe
- New Award Leadership Through Mentoring: Dan Simon, Regional Vice President, BrightRoll, Inc.
Sales Person of the Year:
- West Coast: Laura Faigle, NBCUniversal
- Central: Brent Richey, AT&T AdWorks
- East Coast: Brad Kolodny, The New York Times Company
“This year’s Sales Excellence Awards honorees exemplify the digital media organizations and executives whose distinction and dedication know no bounds,” said Sherrill Mane, Senior Vice President, Research, Analytics and Measurement, IAB. “What makes these awards unique is that they are based solely on customer feedback, assuring that the honorees truly exemplify excellence in selling, thereby helping to grow the interactive advertising space.”
Service Excellence Awards
The IAB Service Excellence Awards honor individual members who have demonstrated strong leadership and provided an exceptional contribution to one or more significant, completed IAB initiatives over the last year. They are selected from participants in 20 IAB councils and committees, and dozens of working groups.
“This year’s Service Excellence Award winners embody the enthusiasm and commitment we need to grow and develop the interactive advertising industry,” said Julie Van Ullen, Vice President, Member Services, IAB. “We are proud to honor the contributions of this highly talented group, whose ideas and actions will shape both the IAB and the digital media and marketing landscape for years to come.”
2012 Service Excellence Award Winners include:
- Sean Snider, Senior Web Software Engineer, Yahoo!, for his leadership as Co-Chair and Chief Architect of the IAB SafeFrame initiative
- Cory Hudson, Creative Director, AOL, for serving as Co-Chair and Lead in the creation of the HTML5 Best Practices
- Edwin Yu, Customer Relationship Manager, ADTECH, who led the campaign setup and overall management of the Industry Education Campaign for AdChoices
- Jason Bier, Chief Privacy Officer, ValueClick Media, for his dedication and leadership of the Do Not Track Working Group
- Robin Zucker, Social Marketing Director, Yahoo!, for her thought leadership and contributions to the Paid, Owned, Earned Media #IABPOEM initiative
- Jonah Goodhart, Co-Founder & CEO, Moat, and Karin Eanes, Technical Director, Pictela, for their hard work and dedication on the Rising Stars Ad Unit Research Study showing big lift across core interactive metrics
- Justin Fibich, (former) Account Executive, Mediaplex, for being the creative mind behind a clear and concise Ecosystem Map
- Todd Chu, Senior Vice President, Partner Development, BrightTag, and Maggie Neuwald, Vice President, Product Marketing & Partnerships, TagMan, for their leadership roles in the development of the Site Tagging Best Practices
- Sable Mi, Senior Director, Strategic Account Planning, BrightRoll, for her outstanding contributions to the Optimizing Ad Effectiveness Studies and Resource Center
- Wook Jin Chung, Product Manager: Admob/DoubleClick, Google; Adam Schuetz, Senior Director, Engineering, Opera MediaWorks; and Aron Schatz, Director, Integrations, Mocean Mobile, for their key roles in the development of MRAID 2.0 standards
- Nick Lanzafame, (former) Global Research Manager, Mojiva, for his significant contribution to and oversight of the Olympics Go Mobile: U.S. & U.K. Research
- Tim Avila, Vice President, Product Marketing, BrightRoll, and Jed Nahum, Senior Director, Global Channels & Exchange, Microsoft Advertising, for their superb leadership and direction of the Quality Assurance Guidelines 2.0 Taskforce
The awards were announced at the sixth IAB Annual Leadership Meeting “Big Data & Big Ideas: Friends, Enemies or Frenemies?,” at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix, where top digital advertising executives have come together to address how content, data and creative are being blended to drive highly effective, real-time and hyper-local digital marketing.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict