|By PR Newswire||
|February 24, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
-- Award-winning CoPilot GPS navigation apps return to the Microsoft platform.
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile World Congress – ALK Technologies, a leading provider of navigation and GeoLogistics™ software, is pleased to announce that its award-winning CoPilot® GPS navigation apps for smartphones and tablets will be available for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.
CoPilot brings dependable voice-guided GPS navigation to Windows Phone 8 handsets and Windows 8 devices. Designed as an alternative to traditional in-vehicle systems, the app provides a full range of advanced turn-by-turn guidance features, comprehensive trip planning and automotive-grade street maps stored on-board the device for offline use. Integral real-time 'Live' services include ActiveTraffic™, Yelp, Wikipedia and Google Search to keep drivers fully informed on the road.
"We've always been fans of Microsoft's mobile solutions," said David Quin, head of consumer applications at ALK Technologies. "CoPilot was originally developed for Microsoft's Pocket PC and pioneered mobile navigation on Windows Mobile, so we are delighted to announce a new app for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. The Windows family of mobile devices is rapidly gaining momentum as an alternative to Android and iOS, and provides an ideal platform for us to deliver a full-featured and driver friendly CoPilot navigation experience."
"Windows Phone is backed by a vibrant app ecosystem with a variety of quality titles, like CoPilot, which help people enjoy a smartphone that is uniquely theirs," said Todd Brix, general manager, Windows Phone Apps, Microsoft Corp. "CoPilot is a great example of the rich applications that people can enjoy on their Windows Phones."
CoPilot for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 brings a complete suite of advanced navigation features that can help make every journey easier, including:
- Clear, non-distracting 3D map views with lane arrows and signpost display
- ActiveTraffic™ calculates the fastest routes and accurate arrival times, based on live traffic flow information
- CoPilot ClearTurn™ makes navigating complex junctions easy
- On-screen speed limit indicator and excess speed warnings
- Advanced trip planning with a choice of three routes and drag-and-drop route editing
- Comprehensive local search with integrated Yelp, Wikipedia and Google
- Global map regions available to purchase and store on the device as required
More information and images available here >
See CoPilot for Windows Phone 8 during Mobile World Congress 2013 at the CoPilot stand in hall 8.1, stand F6.
Availability: CoPilot is expected to launch on the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store in summer 2013 with the following versions: 'CoPilot Premium' a paid app which includes turn-by-turn navigation and 12 months ActiveTraffic; 'CoPilot GPS' a free offline trip-planning and maps app with in-app purchase for turn-by turn navigation; and CoPilot Truck for truck-specific GPS navigation. Pricing will be in-line with existing CoPilot apps for iOS and Android.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict