|By PR.com Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 01:00 PM EST||
Vienna, Austria, February 20, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Indoor positioning and mapping is expected to be the next big innovation shaping the mapping and localization industry and one of the "Top 15 Emerging Technologies To Watch" according to Forrester Research (1). Existing "outdoor" solutions, such as from Google, Nokia, and Microsoft, are ubiquitous on today’s mobile devices and critical for the success of any mobile platform. However, people spend 90% of their time indoors, where existing solutions that rely on GPS rarely function.
To determine a user’s indoors location, indoo.rs' mobile technology combines available signals from the device sensors (including accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, and compass) with ambient electromagnetic signals such as Wi-Fi, geomagnetic fields and Bluetooth. The indoo.rs platform allows for the rapid creation and scalable management of indoor maps as well.
The technology of indoo.rs is used today by customers and partners to deliver on B2B and B2C use cases, in venues such as airports, shopping malls and convention centers, and in segments ranging from retail to public safety.
The indoo.rs platform and SDK enable application developers to incorporate indoor positioning and navigation capabilities into their applications and deliver end-to-end solutions to their customers. indoo.rs also allows device and chip manufacturers to run computationally intensive and sensor fusion code natively in their platforms for increased speed, higher accuracy and optimal battery power efficiency.
“Our technological lead has been confirmed repeatedly by leading industry experts. The feedback we obtain in discussions with hardware manufacturers and indoor mapping providers during a roadshow facilitated by SpeedInvest in the US validates our approach." says Bernd Gruber, co-founder and CEO of indoo.rs. “This investment round combines the financial strength of the tecnet fund, the active involvement of SpeedInvest and strategic opportunities offered by TechInvest to support the expansion of indoo.rs’ technology lead.”
Investors providing capital and know-how
“This technological lead was a crucial factor in the investment decision,” said Werner Zahnt, Partner at SpeedInvest. "We have been following and assisting the indoo.rs team for two years, and are pleased to now have taken another step forward in the relationship. SpeedInvest has intensified its activities supporting the indoo.rs team and is increasing their presence in the US market. “
(1) Forrester Research Blog “Forrester's Top 15 Emerging Technologies To Watch: Now To 2018”
indoo.rs was founded in 2010 by Markus Krainz and Bernd Gruber to develop and sell best-of-breed technology and solutions for indoor positioning and navigation which scale and can be used by anyone, anywhere and on any device.
indoo.rs website: www.indoo.rs
indoo.rs Blog and Newsletter www.indoo.rs/category/blog/
indoo.rs on Twitter: www.twitter.com/indoo_rs
indoo.rs on Facebook: www.facebook.com/indoo.rs
About tecnet equity
tecnet equity is the technology financing company of the province of Lower Austria. It finances high-tech and innovative companies. tecnet's field of responsibility also includes supporting patent and technology exploitation. The declared objective of tecnet equity is to promote Lower Austria as a high-tech location for inventors and business owners.
SpeedInvest is an Austrian business angel fund that invests in the web and mobile area and a focus on Central Europe. Besides financial investments, SpeedInvest actively deploys it network and know-how to support its portfolio companies. SpeedInvest’s office in Silicon Valley support portfolio companies entering the US market.
TechInvest is an Austrian technology financing company which is owned by Hannes Bardach CEO of FREQUENTIS AG. TechInvest intends to invest in companies from the FREQUENTIS startup center when technology fits to the scope of FREQUENTIS business.
For more information please contact
2345 Brunn am Gebirge
T +43 699 17 09 7823
E [email protected]
tecnet equity NÖ Technologiebeteiligungs-Invest GmbH
Senior Investment Manager
Wirtschaftszentrum Niederösterreich, Haus B
3100 St. Pölten
T +43 2742 9000 - 19302
T +43 699 176 76 778 [email protected]
indoo.rs and the indoo.rs logo are trademarks of indoo.rs GmbH
Marcel van der Heijden
+43 1 544 20 40
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: Navigation Specialist indoo.rs Receives Funding from Tecnet Equity, SpeedInvest and Techinvest
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict