|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 10:01 PM EST||
"Jennifer was selected from a pool of outstanding applicants following an extensive national search," said Quinnipiac University President John L. Lahey, who announced the appointment. "Quinnipiac is fortunate to have someone with Jennifer's extensive teaching, research, administrative and legal experience to serve as the next dean of the School of Law."
Brown came to Quinnipiac as a faculty member in the School of Law in 1994 and she currently is the Carmen Tortora Professor of Law. For nearly 15 years, Brown has served as the director of the School of Law's Center on Dispute Resolution. U.S. News & World Report repeatedly ranks Quinnipiac in the top 20 law school programs in dispute resolution. Brown has served on the law school's executive committee, honor code committee and the speakers and conferences committee.
"I am extremely excited to be stepping into the deanship at Quinnipiac," Brown said "There is so much at Quinnipiac to value. Under Brad Saxton's leadership, our sense of community and student service has only strengthened, and I plan to maintain that focus. We will be looking for new ways to work with our students as they plan their careers and find their core sense of purpose as problem-solving professionals."
Brown received her A.B. from Bryn Mawr College. She received her J.D. from the University of Illinois College of Law where she was a notes and comments editor of the Law Review. She held a clerkship from 1985-1986 with the Hon. Harold A. Baker, U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Brown worked as an associate at the law firm of Winston and Strawn in Chicago from 1986-1989. She is a nationally recognized scholar. Prior to coming to Quinnipiac, she was an associate professor at Emory Law School, and over the course of her career she has taught at law schools including The University of Chicago, Georgetown University, Harvard University and Yale University. She has been a senior research scholar in law at Yale University since 1998. She has a lengthy record of scholarly achievements that includes numerous publications, book chapters and invited presentations. In 2008, she received the Honorable Robert C. Zampano Award for Excellence in Mediation.
SOURCE Quinnipiac University
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict