|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 01:00 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LINE, the world's leading mobile messaging platform with social network service, today announced the global launch of LINE Play, an avatar creator and suite of virtual environments that users can customize and use to communicate creatively with their family and friends.
LINE Play avatars can be created in a variety of ways. Customers can use their own headshot to create an avatar that closely resembles them, or select from a wide range of eyes, noses, and mouths offered through LINE Play that can be combined to create an entirely different look. Avatars can then join the LINE Play virtual world where they can use LINE Play's new Action Stickers that enable avatars to become more animated and lifelike.
LINE Play also enables users to decorate their avatar characters and virtual environments with more than 2,000 fashion and interior items. Users can purchase these by using LINE Play's virtual currency, which can be earned by performing various tasks such as eating, taking baths, sleeping and watering the plants in both your friends' rooms as well as your own. LINE Play also features seasonal themes such as Christmas and Valentine's Day, among others. LINE Play includes tight privacy controls that enable the user to choose whether or not to allow avatars who are not friends to visit their rooms.
"LINE Play is a great example of how we're offering our customers a greater degree of interaction," Says Jeanie Han, LINE US CEO. "Through messaging, voice calling, stickers and the camera, our customers can interact with their friends and families in a number of ways. We're taking digital communications beyond words on a screen and leveraging more emotional drivers to make communications more meaningful and fun."
More about LINE Play
- Price: Free (Some items are for sale)
- Supported on: iPhone 4 or later with iOS 4.3 or higher / Android smartphone¡¯s with OS 2.2 or higher
- Download URL:
For more information about LINE, please visit: http://line.naver.jp/en/.
LINE is a smartphone app which allows users to enjoy free calls and messages to one another, both nationally and internationally, regardless of which mobile network provider they are using. Launched in June 2011 by NHN, LINE has more than 100 million users worldwide. It has also been ranked no. 1 in 41 countries in the free app category including Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Macau, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Jordan, Israel, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus and Latvia. LINE carries various unique features such as 'instant translation service,' 'Official Accounts' that enable users to interact with famous public figures, 'Timeline and Home' to share recent updates with friends, 'Shake it,' a fun way of exchanging ids and many 'Emoji/Stickers/Emoticons.'
For more information visit: http://line.naver.jp/en/.
About NHN Corporation
NHN Corporation is Korea's premier Internet company, operating the nation's top search portal, Naver (www.naver.com) the leading online game portal, Hangame (www.hangame.com) the nation's largest children's portal, Jr. Naver (jr.naver.com), Korea's first online donation portal, Happybean (happybean.naver.com) and microblog service Me2DAY (http://me2day.net/).Starting from the two business pillars of search and games, NHN has rolled out a wide range of innovative and convenient online services that enable people to enjoy their lives. NHN outgrew the confines of the national borders. Not only did we build a good reputation in Japan but it also set up NHN USA, forging toward becoming a world-class internet company. The key mission is to connect users with the best quality services. For more information: http://www.nhncorp.com/nhnen/index.nhn .
© 2013 NHN Corporation. All rights reserved. NHN, LINE logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NHN Corporation in Korea and other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict