|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Big Data provides a very real opportunity for organizations to drive business decisions by utilizing new information that has yet to be tapped. However, it is increasingly apparent that organizations are struggling to make effective use of this new multi-structured content for data-driven decision-making. According to a report from the Economist Intelligence Unit, the challenge is not so much the volume, but instead it is the pressing need to analyze and act on Big Data in real-time.
Existing business intelligence (BI) tools have simply not been designed to provide spontaneous search on multi-structured data in motion. Responding directly to this need, LucidWorks, the company transforming the way people access information, and MapR Technologies, the Hadoop technology leader, today announced the integration between LucidWorks Search™ and MapR. Available now, the combined solution allows organizations to easily search their MapR Distributed File System (DFS) in a natural way to discover actionable insights from information maintained in Hadoop.
"Organizations that wait to address big data until this evolution is well under way will lose out competitively in their vertical markets, compared to organizations that have aggressively pursued big data flexibility. Aggressive organizations will demonstrate faster, more accurate analysis and decisions relating to their tactical operations and strategic planning."
- Source: Big Data Drives Rapid Changes in Infrastructure and $232 Billion in IT Spending Through 2016, Gartner Group
Integration Solution Highlights
- Combines the best of Big Data with Search with an integrated and fully distributed solution
- Supports a pre-defined MapR target data source within LucidWorks Search
- Enables users to create and configure the MapR data source directly from the LucidWorks Search administration console
- Leverages enterprise security features offered by both MapR and LucidWorks Search
The Economist Intelligence Unit study found that global companies experienced a 26 percent improvement in performance over the last three years when big data analytics were applied to the decision-making process. And now, those data-savvy executives are forecasting a 41 percent improvement over the next three years. The integration between LucidWorks Search and MapR makes it easier to put Big Data analytics in motion.
"Our customers find the entire topic of non-traditional search extremely exciting, where the search engine is used to implement and deploy real-time decision and recommendation models. What I find exciting is the way that Solr, in the form of LucidWorks Search, can work seamlessly with the MapR Distribution for Hadoop."
- Ted Dunning, Chief Application Architect, MapR Technologies
"Never have the benefits of search and machine learning been more important than in building next-generation data-driven applications at scale. The integration of LucidWorks Search with MapR enables organizations to derive immediate and measurable results from data traditionally ignored by legacy systems."
- Grant Ingersoll, Chief Scientist and Co-founder, LucidWorks
- Get the full "The Deciding Factor: Big Data & Decision Making" research report written by the Economist Intelligence Unit and sponsored by Capgemini at LucidWorks BigDataCentral
- Watch the future of search unfold on theLucidWorks blog
- Follow LucidWorks on Twitter @LucidWorks and Facebook
- Learn how leading companies are benefiting from LucidWorks in these Lucene Revolution videos and presentations
LucidWorks transforms the way people access information to enable data-driven decisions. LucidWorks is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Employing one quarter of the Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, Lucidworks is the largest supporter of open source search in the industry. LucidWorks Search delivers unmatched scalability to billions of documents, with sub-second query and faceting response time. LucidWorks Big Data tightly integrates key Apache projects needed to build and deploy applications requiring access to multi-structured data. Customers include AT&T, ADP, Sears, Ford, Verizon, Cisco, Zappos, Raytheon, The Guardian, The Smithsonian Institution, The Motley Fool, Qualcomm, Taser, eHarmony and many other household names around the world. LucidWorks' investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at www.lucidworks.com.
About MapR Technologies
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop, making managing and analyzing Big Data a reality for more business users. The award-winning MapR Distribution brings unprecedented dependability, speed and ease-of-use to Hadoop. Combined with data protection and business continuity, MapR enables customers to harness the power of Big Data analytics. Leading companies including Amazon, Cisco, EMC and Google partner with MapR to deliver an enterprise-grade Hadoop solution. Investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, NEA and Redpoint Ventures. Connect with MapR on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter.
Media and Analyst Contact:
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict