|By Marketwired .||
|February 20, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
SAN RAMON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/20/13 --
WHO: WANdisco is a provider of non-stop software for global enterprises to meet the challenges of Big Data and distributed software development.
WHAT: ApacheCon is the official conference, trainings, and expo series of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), and is the public showcase for Apache innovations. The 2013 conference theme is "Open Source Community Leadership Drives Enterprise-Grade Innovation," focusing on professionally directed, relevant presentations that demonstrate real-world solutions to specific challenges.
WHEN/WHERE: ApacheCon, February 26-28, Hilton Portland and Executive Towers, Portland, Oregon
KEY HIGHLIGHTS, Session 1: Tuesday, Feb. 26, 5:15 p.m.-6 p.m.
Hadoop and HBase on the Cloud: A Case Study on Performance and Isolation
Cloud infrastructure is a flexible tool to orchestrate multiple Hadoop and HBase clusters, which provides strict isolation of data and compute resources for multiple customers. Most importantly, our benchmarks show that virtualized environment allows for higher average utilization of per-node resources. For more session information, visit http://na.apachecon.com/schedule/presentation/131/.
CO-PRESENTERS, Dr. Konstantin V. Shvachko, Chief Architect, Big Data, WANdisco and Jagane Sundar, CTO/VP Engineering, Big Data, WANdisco
A veteran Hadoop developer and respected author, Konstantin Shvachko is a technical expert specializing in efficient data structures and algorithms for large-scale distributed storage systems. Konstantin joined WANdisco through the AltoStor acquisition and before that he was founder and Chief Scientist at AltoScale, a Hadoop and HBase-as-a-Platform company acquired by VertiCloud. Konstantin played a lead architectural role at eBay, building two generations of the organization's Hadoop platform. At Yahoo!, he worked on the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). Konstantin has dozens of publications and presentations to his credit and is currently a member of the Apache Hadoop PMC. Konstantin has a Ph.D. in Computer Science and M.S. in Mathematics from Moscow State University, Russia.
Jagane Sundar has extensive big data, cloud, virtualization, and networking experience and joined WANdisco through its AltoStor acquisition. Before AltoStor, Jagane was founder and CEO of AltoScale, a Hadoop and HBase-as-a-Platform company acquired by VertiCloud. His experience with Hadoop began as Director of Hadoop Performance and Operability at Yahoo! Jagane has such accomplishments to his credit as the creation of Livebackup, development of a user mode TCP Stack for Precision I/O, development of the NFS and PPP clients and parts of the TCP stack for JavaOS for Sun MicroSystems, and more. Jagane received his B.E. in Electronics and Communications Engineering from Anna University.
WANdisco (LSE: WAND) is a provider of enterprise-ready, non-stop software solutions that enable globally distributed organizations to meet today's data challenges of secure storage, scalability and availability. WANdisco's products are differentiated by the company's patented, active-active data replication technology, serving crucial high availability (HA) requirements, including Hadoop Big Data and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). Fortune Global 1000 companies including AT&T, Motorola, Intel and Halliburton rely on WANdisco for performance, reliability, security and availability. For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Tel (925) 396-1194
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict