|By PR Newswire||
|February 19, 2013 01:00 PM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Quixey, The Search Engine for Apps, today announced it is working with Sprint to bring consumers an easier way to discover apps for their wireless devices. In Quixey's first public agreement with one of the nation's largest carriers, its app search technology will be integrated into select Android-powered smartphones with Sprint Zone and the Sprint Digital Lounge on sprint.com. Quixey enables users of both products to easily find apps by searching for what they want to do.
"Apps have changed the way we live our everyday lives, and Quixey's technology has changed the way we discover and download those apps," said Tomer Kagan, founder and CEO, Quixey. "Working with Sprint means that we get to bring these search capabilities directly to Sprint customers, simplifying their app-finding experience and connecting them to the apps that they want to use."
Sprint Zone on select Sprint smartphones gives customers easy access to discover and purchase applications, entertainment features including music and mobile TV, news, Sprint Guardian, information about their Sprint account and more. Quixey will be powering the app search within the new Discover It tab on select Android-powered smartphones with Sprint Zone, allowing customers to find apps through Quixey's market-leading app search, as well as through categories. With the Quixey integration, Sprint Zone now becomes the central hub for accessing everything on users' phones, from device management to new app discovery.
The Sprint Digital Lounge is an online discovery portal at sprint.com that helps customers find ringtones, TV and radio shows, music and apps. The Digital Lounge dropdown menu on the Sprint home page will feature app categories for Android users and the Quixey-powered app search. Consumers can view featured apps for their specific phone when they are logged into their account. Quixey's integration makes searching for the right app quick and easy -- once the app is selected, a text is sent directly to the phone with a link to Google Play to download.
"Quixey's search engine will enhance the Sprint Zone and Sprint Digital Lounge experience for our customers," said Kevin McGinnis, vice president-Product Platform and Services, Sprint. "First with Sprint Zone and now by incorporating the Quixey search engine within Sprint Zone, we are simplifying the app discovery process and making it easier for our customers to get the most out of their wireless device."
Quixey's proprietary search technology, Functional Search™, allows users to find apps without even knowing exactly what they're looking for – users simply describe what they want to do, and Quixey returns apps to help. Quixey understands what each app can do by collecting data from all over the Web – blogs, articles, tweets and more.
Last December the company announced a partnership with Ask.com that added mobile apps to the search engine's query results. As mobile devices and applications continue to change the way people interact with technology, Quixey will be unveiling more partnerships with major app stores, search engines, manufacturers, carriers and Web platforms to better power app search worldwide.
Quixey is The Search Engine for Apps -- searching mobile, desktop, web and browser apps. Quixey invented a new type of search, Functional Search™ that allows users to find apps by searching for what they want to do. Quixey partners with major app stores, search engines, manufacturers, carriers and web platforms to power app search globally. For more information, please visit www.quixey.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict