|By Business Wire||
|February 18, 2013 02:46 PM EST||
Representatives of the 2022 Supreme Committee from Qatar are in Los Angeles on the first leg of a three-city trade mission to the U.S. designed to discuss business opportunities in Qatar with American companies, it was announced today. The program, organized by the U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Department of Commerce in Doha, kicked off with a breakfast at the Marriott Hotel, sponsored by Bilateral US-Arab Chamber in Houston, Texas, an international chamber of commerce that establishes connections between the U.S. and MENA (Middle East/North Africa).
The delegation, which will also stop in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA this week, is led by the Honorable Susan L. Ziadeh, U.S. Ambassador to the State of Qatar, and Mr. Hassan Al Thawadi, Secretary General of the Qatar Supreme Committee, and includes members of the U.S. Commercial Service.
Delegates will participate in networking receptions in each city, where they will be matched with U.S. companies in the industries of ICT, healthcare, business services, and travel and tourism. They will also visit stadiums and sports and entertainment facilities in preparation for hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup Tournament, scheduled to take place in Doha.
“Qatar is ripe with opportunity for American businesses that can provide goods and services that support the country’s rapidly growing needs,” said Aida Araissi, Founder and President of The Bilateral US-Arab Chamber of Commerce. “We are proud to promote the FIFA World Cup, and make connections that produce results between business and government leaders in the United States and the MENA region.”
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa welcomed the Qatari delegation, noting that “L.A. hosted the World Cup in 1994, and there is a lot we can share from that experience.”
The trade mission is part of Qatar’s National Vision 2030 proposed by the Emir of the country, His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. Qatar’s Vision 2030 outlines the country’s plan to spend over $100 billion by 2022 on construction projects, road, rail and seaport improvements, and national infrastructure to support the 2022 FIFA World Cup Tournament. Qatar is among the top of the list of the world’s richest countries, having experienced 20% growth in their GDP in 2011, and imported $2.8 billion of goods from the United States that year.
The Bilateral US-Arab Chamber is an exclusive membership-based network of international business leadership that works to establish strategic connections between the United States and Middle East/North Africa (MENA) for the purpose of fostering economic growth, educational advancement and cultural understanding. Founded in 1997 by Aida Araissi, the Bilateral Chamber creates access, strategic options and positive results for its members by facilitating relationships with key decision-makers, helping to navigate through the complex field of international trade, and producing effective programming including trade missions, conferences, seminars, workshops, and educational exchange initiatives. The not-for-profit Bilateral Chamber membership includes Fortune 500 companies, private sector enterprises, thought leaders, and academic institutions from a wide range of industry sectors across the US and MENA regions. For more information about the Bilateral Chamber, visit http://www.bilateralchamber.org.
Photo available at:
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict