|By Business Wire||
|February 15, 2013 11:20 AM EST||
In the midst of the 775,000 “revolutionary,” “cutting-edge” and “mind-blowing” mobile apps populating Apple’s App Store, the Marketing Technology Blog is taking a bold step today by launching its new mobile application without excessive use of buzzwords or hyperbole.
An online source for marketing technology news, product reviews, services and best practices that’s ranked a “Top Marketing Blog” by Advertising Age’s Power 150, the Marketing Technology Blog is cementing its place in history with the only iOS app to launch with no intentions whatsoever of revolutionizing mobile technology or introducing a “game changer” to the marketing industry.
The Marketing Technology Blog app simply allows users to read, share and save the latest posts, guides, infographics and how-tos for online marketing, inbound marketing, content marketing, search engine marketing, mobile marketing, social media marketing and more.
Despite harsh criticism from industry pundits who argue that Marketing Technology Blog founder Douglas Karr should leverage this opportunity to grossly overstate the new app’s impact on the digital ecosystem, the embattled inbound marketing professional remains resolute in his practical approach.
“We just wanted to make our content easily accessible to readers in a rapidly growing medium,” said Karr. “There was a time when I was a naysayer about mobile applications. I thought that we just had to wait until HTML5 and mobile browsers were here and the apps would simply disappear the way of desktop software. But, they haven’t, and the amount of time people are spending on mobile apps continues to rise.”
Between Dec. 2011 and Dec. 2012, the average time spent using mobile apps rose 35 percent from 94 minutes to 127 minutes a day, while Web browsing dropped slightly, according to a recent report on U.S. trends by mobile analytics firm Flurry.
Encouraged by the growing opportunity to engage audiences through mobile, Karr tapped the user experience experts at Storycode to build an app for The Marketing Technology Blog.
“The folks at Storycode left no stone unturned,” said Karr. “They built an incredibly well designed application–from category integration to the integrated podcast.”
About Douglas Karr
Douglas Karr is the founder of The Marketing Technology Blog. Doug is also President and CEO of DK New Media, an online marketing company specializing in inbound marketing leveraging social media, blogging, search engine optimization, pay per click and public relations. Their clients include Angie's List, Mindjet, Webtrends, ChaCha and many more. Douglas is also the author of Corporate Blogging for Dummies.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict