|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 11:43 AM EST||
TOKYO, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the analytic data solutions company (Teradata Japan, Minato-ku, Tokyo; Yukihiko Yoshikawa, President), today announced that Yahoo Japan Corporation (Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO, Manabu Miyasaka) has renewed and updated its analytical data systems with the Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse Platform 6690, Teradata's latest high-end model, for its data warehouse (DWH), the largest DWH analytics platform in Japan.
Due to the rapid increases in data volume and user requirements for state-of-the-art big data analytics, Yahoo! JAPAN needed to bring its DWH capabilities and performance up to date. Yahoo! JAPAN renewed and upgraded to the Teradata 6690, which has a larger capacity and higher performance – designed with multiple tiers of storage technology including main memory and both high-speed and high-capacity storage drives – to achieve optimum data warehouse performance.
Yahoo! JAPAN has also implemented a new application known as "Access-Navigator Web," a web-based data search tool. This software enables an employee without training in SQL to perform data analysis – by freely manipulating and integrating data on the new Teradata system. This lowers employee learning curves for SQL training and increases the number of users who can perform analytics.
At Yahoo! JAPAN, more than 250 employees now use the Teradata analytics platform every day for their tasks, such as visualizing and analyzing enormous volumes of data traffic across many services, including search, shopping, and auctions. They also measure the business impact of marketing and advertising campaigns and drive the development of new services.
Because "Yahoo! JAPAN" is today the largest portal site in the country, its Teradata Active DWH now manages about 120,000 queries daily. The deployment of the newest Teradata technology, completed at the end of November 2012, provides high efficiency and speed – with response times now running 200 to 250 percent faster than the prior systems.
Yahoo! JAPAN expects the number of users will grow as requirements and data volume increase. In addition, there will be a growing need to leverage past data for chronological comparisons, while storing detailed data such as sampled access logs and advertisement logs.
Yahoo! JAPAN is assured that the organization will continue to see increasing data volumes, and will benefit from the new system's Teradata database columnar functionality. The company also sees smart phone traffic growing – a major pillar driving future revenue – and is committed to providing speedy customer service.
"Yahoo! JAPAN" first built its data warehousing environment with Teradata technology in 2002 as an analytical database system for several in-house analysts.
The latest Teradata Database software provides hybrid capabilities, integrating column and row technology, and market-leading innovations that enhance workload management, multi-temperature data usage, temporal data capability, security, and application portability.
About Yahoo! JAPAN
Yahoo Japan Corporation (TSE:4689) operates an internet portal site "Yahoo! JAPAN", a leading internet brand and one of the most trafficked Internet destinations in Japan. Yahoo! JAPAN seeks to provide online products and services essential to users' lives, and offers a full range of tools and marketing solutions for businesses to connect with Internet users in Japan. Yahoo! JAPAN is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world's leading analytic data solutions company, focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Teradata's innovative products and services deliver data integration and business insight to empower organizations to make the best decisions possible for competitive advantage. Visit teradata.com for details.
Get to know Teradata.
Teradata is a trademark or registered trademark of Teradata Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE Teradata Corporation
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict