|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 12:33 PM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Inq Mobile today announces the beta launch of MATERIAL, a free service that maps your social DNA to deliver a personalized collection of news, stories and videos to your smartphone. To get started, download MATERIAL from the Google Play store here.
To view a video introduction and walkthrough of MATERIAL, visit INQ's YouTube channel here.
Just enter your Twitter or Facebook credentials into MATERIAL and it searches out current things you'll love from sources you'll know and new ones you'll discover. The more you use MATERIAL the more it learns from you, fine tuning your experience and evolving with you as your tastes and interests change.
"We have used our combined Android and social network knowledge to create MATERIAL which analyzes individual tastes and interests to give each person a unique experience mapped to their social DNA," said Ken Johnstone, CEO & Co-Founder of Inq Mobile. "MATERIAL pores over millions of pieces of content to deliver the perfect combination that you will find entertaining, interesting and informative."
With the sheer volume of digital content out there MATERIAL aims to be a single source for all current information by applying a proprietary algorithm to your social activity, including the people you follow, the things you say and the things you do. It scours the globe for relevant content that it groups by interests. You can also easily add an interest if it's outside your existing social activity.
- MATERIAL is unique to you, what you like and who you follow - we search millions of sites throughout the day to bring you the stories that are right for you in graphically rich editions.
- Takes no time or effort to set up – just sign in to Twitter and/or Facebook and MATERIAL delivers personalized content based on your social activity.
- MATERIAL adapts to you, so as your interests change, our app changes with you, while you still remain in control of your listed topics.
- It's not just the usual sources; MATERIAL gives you stories from places you never knew existed.
- If you love something MATERIAL has discovered, it's easy to share across your social networks.
Pricing and Availability
The MATERIAL Android app (beta version) is free and available for download at the Google Play Store here. Tablet, iOS and Desktop versions will follow later.
Our Inq Mobile Journey
Founded in 2007 and based in London, we started life as a radically new type of business focused on putting social networks like Facebook at the heart of the mobile experience; something no one else was doing at the time and one the Facebook generation was crying out for. We focused on giving our customers what they wanted - not what other mobile brands were trying to sell them.
Our first product, the INQ1, did just that and won the best handset award at GSMA Barcelona for the revolutionary work we were doing with social networks like Facebook. Our first Android smartphone, the Inq Cloud Touch, continued to build our pioneering reputation by again redefining how people experienced Facebook on mobile. Always a software company at heart, we're now focusing exclusively on the software side of things where we've always excelled and our audience builds their lives around.
MATERIAL is the first of a number of products in development. To keep up to date on the latest MATERIAL news follow us on @inqmaterial or to find out more visit inqmobile.com
For more information please contact the INQ press office:
SOURCE Inq Mobile
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict