|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanuk, a division of Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQGS: DECK), today released the world premiere of 'Sherm's in the Band,' a fur real production, featuring surf-musician Donavon Frankenreiter on his European "Start Livin" tour. Directed by Steve Sherman, the exclusive short film offers a glimpse of the behind the scenes look on his journey with the band and documents life on tour with Frankenreiter, giving viewers an intimate look at life on the road with family, friends and fans.
Sherman, a renowned surf and skate photographer, is the latest to join the Sanuk family of artists, athletes and musicians, which also includes Donavon Frankenreiter, Jeremy Jones, Dave Rastovich, Matt Meola, Chris Sharma and Sierra Blair-Coyle, among many others.
"Going on tour with Donavon was a stellar experience. We've been friends for a long time and both have a passion for music and photography, so when he asked if I could go on tour, I was on board." Sherman said. "As an artist myself, I hope to bring fans closer to the stage and share the experience. This takes 'I'm with the band' to a whole new level."
'Sherm's in the Band' is the latest short film released by Sanuk's production team a fur real production, known for its video interviews with athletes and all things Sanuk for the world to ride along and enjoy the experience. Fans can visit Sanuk.com to see the film and view Frankenreiter's tour life through the eyes of Sherman.
"Things happen fast when you're on the road," Frankenreiter said. "I'm so glad Sherm was able to ride with me and help me take a step back, embrace those who are close to me and capture the experience."
Sanuk, known for its creatively inspired and distinctly designed footwear, has been supporting the surf and art community since its inception.
"At Sanuk, we believe in the power of fun," said Michael Minter, Global Director of Marketing for Sanuk. "We know Sherm and Donavon were a great match and could bring this project to life. Our fans are their fans and we are so excited to share their exclusive experience together on the road. So sit back, relax, and smile...pass it on."
To view the exclusive world premiere of "Sherm's in the Band" featuring Donavon Frankenreiter and Steve Sherman – click here: Sanuk: SHERM'S IN THE BAND (with Donavon Frankenreiter)
Twice recognized at the SIMA Image Awards as the 2007 and 2010 Footwear Product of the Year, Sanuk makes creatively inspired and distinctively designed footwear for the global outdoor community. Taking its name from the Thai word for fun, the brand is best known for its Sidewalk Surfers, often referred to as "Not-A-Shoes", for their patented sandal construction which allows your feet to bend and flex in natural comfort. Founded by Southern California native and surfer Jeff Kelley, Sanuk sponsors a spectrum of premier athletes, including surfers Donavon Frankenreiter and Dave Rastovich and rock climbers Chris Sharma and Daniel Woods. Sanuk products are now distributed in nearly 70 countries worldwide. Learn more at www.sanuk.com. Smile...Pass It On!
Find Sanuk Online:
Sanuk Tumblr: http://sanukfootwear.tumblr.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict