|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 10:55 AM EST||
NEW PROVIDENCE, N.J., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bowker®, a ProQuest affiliate, is teaming with Vook to enrich the offerings available on Bowker's acclaimed MyIdentifiers.com site. Now, in addition to accessing Bowker's ISBN and metadata services on MyIdentifiers.com, authors will be able to purchase Vook's ebook production and distribution solutions, all from one location. Vook's distribution network includes major e-retailers Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple.
"The self-publishing community is growing dramatically and we're eager to support these authors with access to high-quality services," said Beat Barblan, Director, Bowker Identifier Services. "We are continuously evolving MyIdentifiers.com to become a one-stop site where authors, as well as self and small publishers can easily find what they need. Teaming with Vook is another important step toward fulfilling that goal."
With the ability to offer ebook production and distribution through Vook, Bowker has become a turn-key solution for authors who want to bring their books to market quickly. Leveraging Vook's ebook capabilities, Bowker is able to offer its customers easy access to services that can aid in the distribution and accounting for their ebooks.
"Being able to add ebook creation and distribution to its list of essential offerings makes Bowker a truly innovative leader in solutions for authors and publishers," said Matthew Cavnar, Vook Vice-President, Business Development. "We're excited to help Bowker's customers bring their work to fruition."
About Bowker® (www.bowker.com)
Bowker is the world's leading provider of bibliographic information and management solutions designed to help publishers, booksellers, and libraries better serve their customers. Creators of products and services that make books easier for people to discover, evaluate, order, and experience, the company also generates research and resources for publishers, helping them understand and meet the interests of readers worldwide. Bowker, a ProQuest affiliate, is the official ISBN Agency for the United States and its territories. The company is headquartered in New Providence, New Jersey, with additional operations in England and Australia.
Founded in 2009, Vook has created an innovative technology platform that helps content holders to create great ebooks, add video and images, publish the ebooks to their own Web pages and to the major e-retailers, and track their sales. Vook provides a turnkey solution for content strategy, including editorial, marketing and distribution services and has worked with a range of partners, including The New York Times, NBC, Simon & Schuster, Google, American Express Publishing, and Newsweek Daily Beast. For more information, please visit http://vook.com or contact [email protected].
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict