|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 06:18 AM EST||
DENVER, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PaySimple, the cloud-based platform for managing and growing small businesses, announced the findings in its 2013 Pulse Survey of Small Businesses today. Thousands of PaySimple users surveyed articulated a plan to adopt more technology solutions, particularly for the operational functions of their firms, including back office, billing, and accounting. Small businesses want more cloud-based technologies, and they want to manage more of their operations on mobile devices. Small businesses have less interest in adding new staff in 2013. Business owners remain convinced that even with more technology, there is no substitute for personal touch with customers.
Highlights from the survey, showcased in the 2013 Small Business Pulse Infographic.
Operators have higher appetite for cloud, web and mobile solutions:
- 90% of small businesses have company websites Tweet this!
- 50% plan to add more cloud-based technology into their operations in 2013 Tweet this!
- More than half of small businesses (53%) plan to run more functions over a mobile device Tweet this!
- Over 90% have a mobile device
- Over 60% own at least one Apple device, and iPhone users outnumber Android users 2:1
Technology will increase productivity and reduce appetite for new hiring:
- Only 33% of small businesses plan to hire new full-time employees in 2013 Tweet this!
- Average expected increase in staff is 24%
Small business owners are increasing use of new media marketing:
- 85% use email, with 67% using company email, 11% using Constant Contact, and 8.5% using MailChimp
- 51% plan to use Facebook and 17.7% LinkedIn for marketing Tweet this!
- 37% engage in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) activities
- Less than 10% plan to use phonebooks and local newspaper and magazine ads
Small business owners still rely heavily on personal touch to maintain relationships:
- 55% relying on the telephone as a key engagement tool for customer relationships
- 45% use in-person events and community organizations
Small businesses report increased use of receivables innovations to accelerate revenue and cash flow:
- In 2012, new PaySimple users reduced the number of days it took to get customer invoices paid from 12 days in month one to 4 days by the end of the year
- 70% use PaySimple's small business platform to collect recurring payments
- In 2012, new PaySimple users grew their monthly revenue processed on the platform by more than 600 Tweet this!
"We are happy to be a part of the trend toward more adoption of SMB technology solutions," said PaySimple CEO, Eric Remer. "Surveys like this help shape our thinking and plans for how we can be even more valuable to the 20 million service-based small businesses in the US."
About PaySimple. PaySimple is the leading cloud-based platform for managing and growing small businesses. Thousands of companies use PaySimple's turnkey solution to automate billing, accept electronic payments, increase cash flow, manage customers, and run real-time performance reports. PaySimple markets its product directly to small businesses as well as through valued enterprise partners, including ADP, Chase, Vantiv, Jack Henry, and Western Union. PaySimple helps small businesses take on the world. To learn more, visit PaySimple.com, call 800-466-0992, or follow on Twitter and Facebook.
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict