|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 03:14 PM EST||
TORRANCE, Calif., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- JumpStart® today announced the release of its newest mobile preschool game: "Madagascar: My ABCs™" available through iTunes®, Google Play™, Amazon® and Nook® stores. "Madagascar: My ABCs" is the second in a series of fun, educational apps designed for young children featuring DreamWorks Animation's Madagascar franchise.
"Madagascar: My ABCs" is a preschool mobile app designed to help children learn the fundamentals of the alphabet. Kids can interact with their favorite animal characters from Madagascar and embark upon an alphabet adventure. This application takes preschool-age children through a creative process of learning their ABCs.
Some of the key features in the "Madagascar: My ABCs" app include:
- Lessons on uppercase and lowercase letters
- Lessons on sounds letters of the alphabet make
- Writing practice by tracing letters
- Interactive stickers to help reinforce letter sounds
- Songs and poems about each letter of the alphabet
Among these features in the app, kids can also take "field trips" with their Madagascar friends to places like tropical beaches, wild jungles, and most importantly — New York City. In keeping with JumpStart's rigorous education standards, the curriculum for the various lessons were developed and reviewed collaboratively with early childhood and preschool education experts.
"I really appreciate the fact that this app does more than just go over the letters of the alphabet," said Kathy Martinez, a teacher with seven years of experience working with preschool-age children. "The app's features reinforce the lessons. I really like the rhymes and songs they created for each letter! I think this will be a valuable tool for kids learning the ABCs."
"We're thrilled to be developing educational apps with brands that enjoy universal appeal like DreamWorks Animation and its Madagascar franchise," said David Lord, chief executive officer and president of JumpStart. "Producing next generation learning games that educate and entertain kids is the sole purpose and mission of our company!"
The "Madagascar: My ABCs" application is the second mobile app JumpStart has produced based on the animated film Madagascar. JumpStart launched its Madagascar-related features in the JumpStart online world in October 2012, and has since continued developing the game aspects of the Madagascar brand on both online and mobile devices.
Since 1991, JumpStart has been dedicated to enhancing children's lives through engaging educational games. Today, JumpStart designs games under its two flagship brands JumpStart® and Math Blaster®. These games immerse children in magical 3D worlds filled with adventure, exploration, and most importantly, learning. JumpStart's products are available online and through various platforms such as Nintendo Wii™, iOS®and Android®. JumpStart has become a prominent force in children's educational gaming and is trusted and tested by teachers and parents alike, helping millions of children learn. A subsidiary of Knowledge Holdings, Inc., the company is privately held and based in Torrance, California. For more information, go to www.jumpstart.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict