|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PwC has released the second of a series of reports evaluating how shifts in the enterprise software sales model -- from license to services -- will impact pricing. The report, The Future of Software Pricing Excellence: The New State of the Art, focuses on how pricing strategies can result in higher win rates, reduce the gap between 'real' and list prices and reduce revenue leakage. Existing business models and pricing strategies are outlined in the findings; demonstrating how each is lagging, leading or remaining consistent with the rest of the software industry.
Constant innovation and evolution in the software industry markets and business models require new pricing strategies. For companies that want to reduce undisciplined pricing, inconsistent analytics and decision making without competitive insights, revamping pricing strategy can facilitate improved price decision making and enhance the identification of business opportunities, the report states.
"By combining analytics with formalized processes and standards, companies can get on a path towards a more coherent, organization-wide pricing model that delivers proven results," said Mark McCaffrey, PwC's global software leader. "Companies today are focusing more on pricing excellence. Those who coordinate a pricing strategy framework with organizational processes and structure, systems, data and culture can obtain notable increases in ROI and decreased revenue leakage among other benefits."
PwC's four point pricing management framework centers on key factors effecting pricing maturity and financial results: pricing strategy, price formulation, transaction management and performance management. These factors, working together in a functioning business, affect and are affected by process, organization and technology, and data analytics.
"Once pricing strategy has been identified, companies can review the factors that influence cash flow starting with list price through to minimum required revenue," McCaffrey added. "These factors, which we refer to as 'price waterfalls,' can determine and shut off revenue leaks."
The report's transaction management section showcases how systematizing pricing can reduce or eliminate the need for various sales approaches that consume resources and increase time-to-quote. The fourth part of PwC's pricing management framework is performance management, which measures, enforces and refines pricing policies, based largely on post-sales analysis.
About the PwC Network
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. We're a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
© 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
This content is for general information purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.
SOURCE PwC US
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict