|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 08:02 AM EST||
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Starting today, your smart phone can make you smarter about your health. Cigna is launching a new mobile app to help customers take better control of their health and health spending.
To view the multimedia content associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/59191-cigna-mobile-app/
The myCigna Mobile App allows Cigna health plan customers instant access to their personalized health care information to:
- find a doctor using Cigna's award-winning physician directory,
- access ID cards in one convenient location,
- view and manage account balances and deductibles,
- look up medical, dental and pharmacy claims,
- research and compare drug prices at 60,000 pharmacies.
"With the new Cigna Mobile App we are literally putting the power in the hands of our customers to improve their health, manage their costs, and get the most from their health plan benefits," said Tom Richards, Cigna president for individual and family plans and online experience. "Now Cigna customers can put their smart phone or tablet to work helping them better manage their health care and save money on their medical costs for a happier and healthier new year."
Throughout 2013 Cigna will release upgraded app capabilities, including accurate pricing and quality information on doctors and hospitals for more than 200 medical procedures according to the real-time status of the customer's health plan and available health account funds.
Just for Fun GO YOU App
As a global health service company, Cigna is committed to helping customers improve their health, well-being and sense of security by supporting each individual with guidance, tools and information designed to make health a fun and interesting part of everyday life.
While the myCigna Mobile App is personalized exclusively for each Cigna customer to manage their health care benefits, Cigna also offers a just-for-fun GO YOU app for creating and sending personalized, encouraging video messages to friends and family. Anyone with an iPhone or Android smart phone or tablet can send a message through e-mail by downloading the GO YOU mobile app at the App Store or Google Play. (Facebook users can send similar messages to Friends using the Facebook version of the app through apps.facebook.com/GOYOUapp.)
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York and their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 75 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
The downloading and use of these Apps is subject to the terms and conditions of the Apps and the online stores from which they are downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Actual myCigna mobile app features available may vary depending on your plan. The listing of a health care professional or facility in the mobile directories available through the myCigna mobile app does not guarantee that the services rendered by that professional or facility are covered under your specific medical plan. Check your official plan documents, or call the number listed on your ID card, for information about the services covered under your plan benefits.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict