|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 05:15 PM EST||
SUWANEE, Ga., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) today announced that ARRIS and Google Inc. have received a request for additional information and documentary materials (a "Second Request") from the Department of Justice regarding ARRIS' proposed acquisition of the Motorola Home business from Google. The information request was issued in conjunction with the DOJ's review of the transaction under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 ("HSR Act").
The effect of the Second Request is to extend the waiting period imposed by the HSR Act until 30 days after each company has substantially complied with the Second Request, unless that period is extended voluntarily by the companies or terminated sooner by the DOJ. ARRIS noted that both companies intend to respond to the information request as quickly as practicable and continue to work cooperatively with the DOJ in connection with its review. ARRIS believes the transaction is pro-competitive and will create compelling new opportunities for its customers and partners worldwide. Close scrutiny is typical in transactions of this size. Completion of the transaction remains subject to the expiration or termination of the waiting period under the HSR Act, the satisfaction of similar requirements in certain foreign countries, and satisfaction of other customary closing conditions. ARRIS continues to anticipate the transaction will close in the second quarter of 2013, and will provide regular updates to the market.
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of communications and IP technologies that support broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver carrier-grade telephony, network video processing, whole home video, demand driven video, next-generation advertising, network and workforce management solutions, access and transport architectures and ultra high-speed data services. Headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Suwanee; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Westborough, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.
This press release contains forward looking statements. These statements include, among others, statements concerning whether, and the time frame during, which the acquisition of the Motorola Home business will close. Statements regarding future events are based on the parties' current expectations. Actual results may differ materially from those suggested by any forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements are necessarily subject to associated risks related to, among other things, successful outcome of the acquisition process and regulatory approval of the acquisition. Other factors that could cause results to differ from current expectations include: the uncertain current economic climate and financial markets, and their impact on our customers' plans and access to capital: the impact of rapidly changing technologies; the impact of competition on product development and pricing; the ability of ARRIS to react to changes in general industry and market conditions; rights to intellectual property and the current trend toward increasing patent litigation, market trends and the adoption of industry standards; possible acquisitions and dispositions; and consolidations within the telecommunications industry of both the customer and supplier base. These factors are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of risks and uncertainties that may affect the Company's business. Additional information regarding these and other factors can be found in ARRIS' reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2012. In providing forward-looking statements, the Company expressly disclaims any obligation to update publicly or otherwise revise these statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE ARRIS Group, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict