|By Business Wire||
|February 8, 2013 08:04 AM EST||
QlikTech, (NASDAQ: QLIK) a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence, today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2013 Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform Magic Quadrant report*. This designation marks the third consecutive year that QlikTech secured its position in the Leaders Quadrant based on completeness of vision and ability to execute. Gartner Magic Quadrants provide a snapshot of how vendors perform in a market segment with the goal of helping end users make better informed decisions about companies they may be looking to partner with, or whose services or products they may want to purchase. The full report is available for download from http://www.qlikview.com/mq2013.
According to the report, “Increasingly, Gartner sees more organizations building diagnostic analytics that leverage critical capabilities, such as interactive visualization, to enable users to drill more easily into the data to discover new insights.” The report also states that “The vendors in the market have overwhelmingly concentrated on meeting this user demand. If there were a single market theme in 2012, it would be that data discovery became a mainstream architecture.”
“This is a big year for us because every vendor in the Leaders Quadrant now has some type of self-service BI offering, which signifies that the category we pioneered has transformed the entire BI industry,” said Lars Björk, QlikTech’s chief executive officer. “We’ve always been a disruptive force in the BI industry and our years of innovation creating this category provide competitive advantage to the opportunistic add-on offerings. It’s so exciting to maintain leadership in a thriving market that we initiated. Gartner has chronicled our path from visionary to challenger to leadership and we look forward to many more years of redefining the market.”
QlikTech’s history of growth in the new category of self-service BI continues as companies seek alternatives to traditional software solutions that take too long to solve their Big Data problems. In June 2012, QlikTech acquired Expressor’s data management solution to help facilitate the expansion of QlikView deployments so people in an organization can have the data they need to make better decisions with critical IT security and governance. In Fall of 2012, the company announced QlikView Direct Discovery, providing QlikView’s associative experience on top of data coming directly from external Big Data sources, and enables users to combine that Big Data with data stored in memory. This insight for everyone can be deployed in a mobile environment or with a social and collaborative experience.
Over these years of continued innovation and changing the face of BI, QlikTech maintains its commitment to become the de facto global standard for how people gain insight from their data. With QlikView’s patented core technology, associative experience, and collaboration and mobile capabilities, users can ask and answer streams of questions on their own or in teams and groups, wherever they happen to be working. Users can continue to explore information freely rather than being confined to a predefined path of questions and they gain rapid time to value in deployments that can be productive in just days or weeks.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
* Gartner “Magic Quadrants for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms” by Kurt Schlegel, Rita L. Sallam, Daniel Yuen, Joao Tapadinhas, February 5, 2013.
QlikTech (NASDAQ: QLIK) is a leader in Business Discovery—user-driven Business Intelligence (BI). Its QlikView Business Discovery solution bridges the gap between traditional BI solutions and inadequate spreadsheet applications. The in-memory associative search technology QlikTech pioneered created the self-service BI category, allowing users to explore information freely rather than being confined to a predefined path of questions. Appropriate from SMB to the largest global enterprise, QlikView’s self-service analysis can be deployed with data governance in days or weeks. The QlikView Business Discovery platform’s app-driven model works with existing BI solutions, offering an immersive mobile and social, collaborative experience. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, QlikTech has offices around the world serving approximately 26,000 customers in over 100 countries.
Safe Harbor for Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements regarding the value and effectiveness of QlikTech's products, the introduction of product enhancements or additional products and QlikTech's growth, expansion and market leadership, that involve risks,uncertainties, assumptions and other factors which, if they do not materialize or prove correct, could cause QlikTech’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, are statements that could bedeemed forward-looking statements, including statements containing the words “predicts,” “plan,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “goal,” “target,” “estimate,” “potential,” “may”, “will,” “might,” “momentum,” “could,” “seek,” and similar words. QlikTech intends all such forward-looking statements to be covered by the safe harbor provisions for forward-looking statements contained in Section 21E of the Exchange Act and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent QlikTech's views as of the date of this press release. QlikTech anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its views to change. QlikTech undertakes no intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing QlikTech’s views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
QlikTech and QlikView are trademarks or registered trademarks of QlikTech or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Other company names, product names and company logos mentioned herein are the trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict