|By Business Wire||
|February 7, 2013 10:45 AM EST||
Kona, the free cloud-based social collaboration platform from Deltek, has reinforced its focus on solving the challenges that individuals and project teams face each day by supporting the industry’s leading file sharing providers. Integrating with file sharing providers is an extension of the overall Kona vision and strategy that empowers people to privately connect, organize, discuss and get things done together.
Individuals, project teams and organizations routinely store files across a variety of places and services, which can pose challenges including outdated file versions, miscommunications, delayed projects and fragmented interaction. While many of the popular productivity and task management platforms force users to adopt one option, Kona users can now upload their files directly from Box, Google Drive and Dropbox into the context of a group’s communication around topics, tasks and calendar events in their spaces.
This expanded file sharing capability within Kona is part of Deltek’s ongoing strategy to build a social collaboration platform that focuses on the needs of individuals within groups as much as those of the organization or business. No other solution offers such extensive functionality in its free version or aims to be the platform of choice for individuals to manage projects across both their work and personal lives—in a private, secure and cloud-based environment.
“Whether it’s accessing the one billion files that people save to Dropbox every 24 hours, sharing information with Box’s 140,000 business customers across the globe or bringing documents, presentations and other resources into Kona via Google Drive, people can combine their information around conversations and interactions – in context,” stated Scott DeFusco, Deltek’s Vice President for Kona. “As the McKinsey Global Institute highlighted, the real value with social collaboration lies more in the interactions between people than just the transactions. Kona reinforces that premise.”
Kona is now empowering thousands of individuals and groups to solve real problems and do more each day—beyond the limitations of email and other social productivity tools —via their computer, tablet or mobile device. With the new file sharing integrations, people now have more ways to connect with both the information and people they rely on each day. To start collaborating better today, visit Kona.com and join the growing Kona community.
Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services firms and government contractors. For decades, we have delivered actionable insight that empowers our customers to unlock their business potential. 16,000 organizations and 2 million users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to research and identify opportunities, win new business, optimize resources, streamline operations, and deliver more profitable projects. Deltek – Know more. Do more.® www.deltek.com
Kona is a free cloud-based social collaboration and productivity platform that empowers individuals and groups to connect, organize and get things done at home and at work. Launched in late 2012, Kona has thousands of users and is growing rapidly. Kona –Connect, Organize and Get Things Done … Together.
For more information, please visit www.Kona.com, read the Kona Blog at http://www.Kona.com/blog, follow @Kona_Life on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/Kona_Life, become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/KonaLife, join us on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/Kona or check out Kona videos on YouTube at www.youtube.com/KonaLifeVideos. Don’t forget to check out the Kona mobile application too – either on Google Play for Android devices or the Apple App Store for iPhones/iPads.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict