|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 02:34 PM EST||
Lumos Networks (NASDAQ: LMOS), a leading provider of fiber-based products across the Mid-Atlantic region, today introduced Business Communicator , an exciting addition to the IP Centrex family of hosted voice services.
The Business Communicator client app once installed on a user’s desktop and/or smart phone, allows the user to see a colleague’s status while away from their desk, use the instant messaging application and be able to call out using their desk phone number identity. Basic features include the following:
- Instant messaging and presence
- Desktop video chat
- Call logs and message history
- Desktop control of basic telephony features
- Soft phone client application allowing users to make calls while connected only to the internet
The mobile applications are found on the Google Play Store, and will soon be available in the Apple app store titled “Lumos Business Communicator.” Users will have to order the mobile application before using the mobile phone application and can have wireless service from any provider.
“Business Communicator is a key component of unified communications that will make every enterprise more productive and efficient, without spending capital on expensive equipment that is hard to maintain and manage,” said Lumos Networks Vice President of Product Management and Engineering Craig Drinkhall. “We’re improving the way our customers communicate with their customers no matter where they may be, with even greater flexibility and convenience,” he added.
Business Communicator is supported by BroadSoft’s BroudTouch Business Communicator™ and BroadCloud™ Unified Communications services.
“We are excited to partner with Lumos Networks and to support their innovative strategy by providing a broad-range of Unified Communications services. Lumos Networks is very aware of today's user demands and their desire to work from anywhere. To meet this need, we are thrilled they have selected our BroadTouch Business Communicator to offer a seamless, intuitive interface to their UC services, across a variety of mobile communication device,” said Leslie Ferry, Vice President, Marketing, BroadSoft.
For more information or to learn more about Lumos Networks visit www.lumosnetworks.com.
About Lumos Networks
Lumos Networks is a fiber-based service provider in the Mid-Atlantic region serving carrier, business and residential customers over a dense fiber network offering data, voice and IP services. With headquarters in Waynesboro, VA, Lumos Networks serves Virginia, West Virginia and portions of Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Ohio, and Maryland over a 5,800 route-mile fiber network. Detailed information about Lumos Networks is available at www.lumosnetworks.com.
BroadSoft is the leading provider of software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol network. The Company's core communications platform enables the delivery of a range of enterprise and consumer calling, messaging and collaboration communication services, including private branch exchanges, video calling, text messaging and converged mobile and fixed-line services.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict