|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 10:36 AM EST||
QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 --
- Coveo today announced it achieved several major milestones in 2012, led by rapidly accelerating demand for the company's highly advanced Enterprise Search technology, built on its award-winning Unified Indexing and Insight platform. Milestones in 2012 included record-setting revenues, cutting-edge product development and multiple industry recognitions.
2012 Adoption and Growth
- During 2012 Coveo achieved consecutive growth, quarter-over-quarter that built throughout the year. The fourth quarter of 2012 was the highest-grossing quarter in the company's history, capping off 40 percent year-over-year growth for the quarter and the year. During 2012, Coveo saw accelerating market adoption of its Unified Indexing and Insight platform, including new brands such as Apex Analytics, Fortinet, FM Global, Golder Associates, Harris Corporation, L'Oreal Switzerland, 3i Group, SOGIQUE, SunGard, and Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL), among many others.
- To support its growing customer base and new phase of growth, Coveo welcomed cloud technology veteran Guy Gauvin as its Chief Operating Officer in September.
- Coveo maintained a rapid pace of innovation in 2012 with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce, an application that transforms service performance. Embedded within the Salesforce Service Cloud User Interface, the application automatically "reads" case information and recommends relevant content and experts to help the agent solve each case quickly and effectively, regardless of where the information resides. Coveo solves the challenge of information fragmentation -- in social media, the cloud, and in enterprise systems -- by instantly assembling and presenting the most relevant information based on the user's context. Deeply embedded in Salesforce and configured specifically for Service Cloud, it solves the pain of users leaving Salesforce to access information from multiple other systems, as well as seeking data from throughout the Salesforce infrastructure. Agents solve customer challenges faster, reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
New Round of Investment
- Coveo secured $18 million in funding in December 2012 in a round led by Tandem Expansion Fund, Canada's largest late-stage technology investment firm. The investment supports Coveo's expansion as the market continues to grow for solutions that enable actionable insight from Big Data.
Industry Awards & Recognition
Industry organizations and the media credited Coveo in 2012 as a technology visionary:
- Customer Magazine's 2012 Product of the Year award for Coveo for Salesforce Beta version.
- TSIA Fall 2012 TechBEST Best in Show at the Technology Services World (TSW) 2012 Service Transformations conference, as voted by the attendees.
- 2012 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Relationship Management Solution -- Coveo's fourth CODiE in five years.
- Bronze Stevie® Award for the "Best New Software Product or Service of the Year" in the Annual International Business Awards.
- Annual 2012 Golden Bridge Awards named Chairman and CEO Louis Tetu a silver medal honoree in the category of "Most Innovative People."
- 2012 Trend-Setting Product by KMWorld, for Advanced Enterprise Search, marking the seventh consecutive year for this award.
- Finalist in the 2012-2013 Cloud Awards Program in the Data Innovation of the Year category.
- The Hugh Lawford Award for Excellence in Legal Publishing went to Coveo customer the Centre d'accès à l'information juridique (CAIJ) for its implementation of Coveo.
Partnerships & Support
- In 2012, Coveo and Sitecore announced a renewed partnership following a solid record of successful joint implementations. The two companies have partnered to bring more personalized website search, increased relevance and advanced customer engagement to more than 80 customer projects, including GE Healthcare, CA Technologies, PFC Energy and Think Mutual Bank. The Sitecore partnership is an indispensable element in Coveo's strategy to help end users around the world gain the right insight to accomplish their goals.
- Louis Tetu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: "To say that 2012 was an exciting year for Coveo is an understatement, particularly with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce -- a true game changer. We helped more companies overcome the 'Insight Deficit' of overwhelming, fragmented and disparate data -- caused by the perfect storm of Big Data, exploding social media content and the move of many IT systems to the cloud. Hundreds of Coveo customers around the globe are leveraging collective knowledge to better serve their own customers, increase product innovation and quality, and help employees make more informed decisions. In 2013, our goal is to help our growing number of customers derive actionable insights from their existing data to gain a competitive advantage."
Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the social enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from social, on-premise, and cloud-based systems, and makes it actionable for every user and customer, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business bring actionable insight to Customer Service operations, high-end websites for personalized online experiences, and advanced enterprise search initiatives, so that all knowledge workers can tap into the collective knowledge and stop reinventing the wheel. More than 2,000,000 people globally and more than 400 companies use Coveo to achieve their business goals. Among Coveo customers are CA Technologies, L'Oreal Switzerland, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and SunGard. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical to maintaining positive ROI. Raxak Protect is an automated security compliance SaaS platform and ma...
Nov. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 412
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 172
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context with p...
Nov. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 410
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 542
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 464
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound cha...
Nov. 27, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 537
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 313
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 383
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 397
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 491
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 27, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 291
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Nov. 27, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 424
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessions, I wanted to share some of my observations on emerging trends. As cyber security serves as a fou...
Nov. 27, 2015 07:30 AM EST Reads: 322
Continuous processes around the development and deployment of applications are both impacted by -- and a benefit to -- the Internet of Things trend. To help better understand the relationship between DevOps and a plethora of new end-devices and data please welcome Gary Gruver, consultant, author and a former IT executive who has led many large-scale IT transformation projects, and John Jeremiah, Technology Evangelist at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), on Twitter at @j_jeremiah. The discussion is moderated by me, Dana Gardner, Principal Analyst at Interarbor Solutions.
Nov. 27, 2015 04:15 AM EST Reads: 712
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now all corporate assets – people, objects, and spaces – can share information about themselves and thei...
Nov. 27, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 229
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 27, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 336
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound effect on the world, and what should we expect to see over the next couple of years.
Nov. 27, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 462
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true change and transformation possible.
Nov. 27, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 520
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" in this scenario: microservice A (releases daily) depends on a couple of additions to backend B (re...
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 430
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 567