|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 08:20 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- A recently proposal from the Federal Communications Commission to provide the U.S. public free access to WiFi could become a major obstacle for the $178 billion wireless industry. "For a casual user of the Web, perhaps this could replace carrier service," said Medley Global Advisors analyst, Jeffrey Silva. "Because it is more plentiful and there is no price tag, it could have a real appeal to some people." Five Star Equities examines the outlook for companies in the Telecom Industry and provides equity research on CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) and AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T).
The Washington Post has recently reported that the FCC has proposed the idea of creating super WiFi networks around the U.S., which would allow the public to make cellphone calls or surf the Internet free of charge. The FCC's plan has been in discussion for years but gained traction after endorsements from Google and Microsoft. The companies believe that easy access to free public WiFi would spur "millions of devices that will compose the coming Internet of things." If approved, it would still take several years before the FCC's proposal would be in full effect.
Five Star Equities releases regular market updates on the Telecom Industry so investors can stay ahead of the crowd and make the best investment decisions to maximize their returns. Take a few minutes to register with us free at www.FiveStarEquities.com and get exclusive access to our numerous stock reports and industry newsletters.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. During the third quarter of 2012 the company added an additional 44,000 high-speed internet customers and ended the quarter with over 5.8 million subscribers. CenturyLink is scheduled to release results for the fourth quarter 2012 after market close on Wednesday, February 13th.
With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. The company reported wireless data revenues of $6.8 billion in the fourth quarter, a year-over-year increase of 14.7 percent. AT&T had approximately 107.0 million wireless subscribers in service at the end of the fourth quarter.
Five Star Equities provides Market Research focused on equities that offer growth opportunities, value, and strong potential return. We strive to provide the most up-to-date market activities. We constantly create research reports and newsletters for our members. Five Star Equities has not been compensated by any of the above-mentioned companies. We act as an independent research portal and are aware that all investment entails inherent risks. Please view the full disclaimer at:
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict