|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST||
“We couldn’t be more excited about this partnership with AP and all of the great content that it brings to the millions of people who visit Hark daily,” said Hark CEO David Aronchick. “Some of our society’s most memorable moments are housed in AP’s library, and this partnership will enable people to easily access, enjoy and share those moments.”
The deal gives Hark access to more than 100 years’ worth of audio and photo content from AP’s library, as well as current content. As a result, some of history’s iconic moments, from World War II broadcasts to presidential debates to sporting milestones, will soon be available for Hark visitors to view, listen to and share with friends and family through popular social media channels like Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
By joining with Hark, the AP will create a new revenue stream from its existing content with a platform ripe for social media sharing that will provide millions of impressions monthly.
“We’re pleased to extend and expand access to AP’s distinctive audio and visual content, which documents the highs and lows of history, through Hark,” said Ted Mendelsohn, AP’s director of Business Development, Commercial and Digital Markets. “This agreement underscores yet again AP’s reputation for independent newsgathering and digital innovation.”
Today’s announcement marks the first major collaboration deal for Hark in 2013, following a successful 2012 during which the company signed content partnerships with Universal Studios, Warner Bros Digital Distribution and Paramount Pictures. Hark is continuing to expand its product catalog and looking to add additional partnerships in 2013.
Hark, a top-10 entertainment site according to comScore, offers a product library of more than 3 million audio soundbites that can be accessed and shared across multiple devices and social media platforms. According to Quantcast, more than 35 million consumers worldwide visit Hark each month to find their favorite pieces of pop culture content by searching across hundreds of data points, including actors, characters, subtitles and many more.
Hark is the world’s platform for soundbites, where users can discover, create, play and share their favorite audio moments anywhere on any device through digital embedding, or via social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Founded in 2007 by David Aronchick and Fouad ElNaggar, Hark is the top ranking, independent entertainment website on the Internet (comScore, 2013). Hark is headquartered in Seattle, Wash. For more information, please visit www.hark.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict