|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 11:30 AM EST||
PORTLAND, OR -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Copper Frog Hosting selected Puppet Enterprise from Puppet Labs, the leader in IT automation software for system administrators, to deploy new websites and applications for some of the largest companies in the entertainment industry, such as ABC, the Grammy Foundation, and Sony Pictures.
Copper Frog, which manages up to two million page views per day, needed a solution that enabled their modest IT department to rapidly and consistently deploy applications and add new websites globally with no interruption of service to their clients. The hosting company also needed a solution that was flexible and enabled them to quickly move servers around within the network. Puppet Enterprise solved all of these needs.
"Using Puppet Enterprise gives us a tremendous advantage over other hosting companies," said Bernd Weber, the Chief Technology Officer at Copper Frog. "When evaluating our services, our clients specifically ask how we manage our environment, and how we can provide visibility into their own environment. Puppet Enterprise's model-driven approach enables us to provide a layer of transparency to our customers that our competitors are not able to."
"With Puppet Enterprise, new opportunities are arriving every day because we are also able to dramatically cut down deployment time and rapidly and consistently spin up new web servers and applications globally," added Weber.
Additional benefits to using Puppet Enterprise:
- Flexibility and speed of deployment: Puppet Enterprise has provided significant time savings in the way Copper Frog's IT team delivers software services for entertainment studios globally. "Someone in Brazil can call in the middle of the night and be able to deploy Puppet Enterprise locally and because of the configurations we have set up, the standards will be the same." Puppet Enterprise enables Copper Frog to quickly spin up new machines with the right configurations. "We are easily saving 30-40 hours per week by using Puppet Enterprise to automate deployments for our clients."
- Scalability and Consistency: Copper Frog is experiencing phenomenal growth, currently deploying software on more than 90 nodes and will likely exceed more than 100 nodes early next year. Puppet Enterprise enables Copper Frog to rapidly and consistently deploy new software and servers as their customers' infrastructure grows and changes.
- Ease of use: With modules from the Puppet Forge, Puppet Lab's online marketplace of reusable configurations, Copper Frog's IT team can easily "puppetize" a wide range of operations and standardize how they deploy applications across their infrastructure.
"With its support for a combination of productivity, agility, and stability, Puppet Enterprise was built with companies like Copper Frog in mind," said Luke Kanies, founder and CEO at Puppet Labs. "The software enables them to rapidly scale as their customers require, and has even turned out to be a competitive advantage over other hosting solutions."
- Read more customer stories here
- Follow Puppet Labs on Twitter @puppetlabs
- Learn more about Puppet Enterprise
About Puppet Labs
Puppet Labs, Inc. is the leader in IT automation. Puppet Labs' software provides system administrators the operational agility, efficiency and insight they need to proactively manage dynamic infrastructure, scaling from tens of servers to thousands, on-premise or in the cloud. Thousands of the world's leading organizations are using Puppet Labs' software to configure and manage their IT infrastructure, including Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Match.com, Oracle/Sun, Shopzilla, and Zynga. Now numbering more than 100 employees and based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. To learn more, please visit www.puppetlabs.com.
Puppet Labs and Puppet are trademarks of Puppet Labs Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict