|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/04/13 -- Today, website security company StopTheHacker launched an extensive upgraded version of its award-winning suite of website protection services, forming its platform into a holistic one-stop-shop for website security. StopTheHacker's new release of the server side scanning capabilities include possibilities to detect website defacement, detection of hidden spam and php shells, only to name a few.
"We designed this new release of our software based on the needs of our WebHosting partners. They saw an increase of infected websites of over 50% last year," said Peter Jensen, CEO of StopTheHacker. "By extending our offerings with server side malware detection and removal technologies, we aim to extend the capabilities of our partners to offer better protection to their customers and reach new customer groups."
Website security is a serious and growing problem. Today less than 5% of all websites are protected, while the amount of infected websites has increased by 50% since last year. On average a website is attacked at least three times a year. Google alone is blacklisting more than 9,500 infected websites every day. The problem is growing, every day approximately 2,500 pieces of new web malware are released, with a growing part being ZeroDay malware which can't be detected by traditional signature based approaches. Current signature based software catches only 40 percent of harmful web malware. Because much of the harmful code is dynamic and new, traditional signature-based security solutions are not able to identify it.
Key features of Version 3.7 incorporate extensive improvements designed to go even beyond the standard approach of website security:
- Detection of phishing pages to prevent hackers from using customers' accounts to commit financial fraud.
- Detection of hidden spam shells, preventing hackers from using web hosting accounts as a spam bot in order to send email spam.
- Detection of hidden php shells, identifying if hackers are using web hosting accounts to steal sensitive data and infect websites with malware.
- Detection of permission issues. Secure permissions ensure that only the customer has protection and access to their data.
- Detection of website defacement, identifying when hackers deface websites and initiating the action to be taken to restore the website.
In addition, StopTheHacker increased the capability of its automated malware removal tool, which now is able to automatically remove more types of malware. The new release brings support of all major and local payment cards and currencies, making it much easier for the customer to sign-up and pay in the currency and card of their choice.
Based in San Francisco, StopTheHacker is one of the tech industry's most watched startups, a provider of SaaS services focused on cyber warfare in the arenas of web malware, security and reputation protection. StopTheHacker's Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning based technology is supported by the National Science Foundation.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict