|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
TOKYO and NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/04/13 -- Yahoo! JAPAN has begun deploying DG (NASDAQ: DGIT) MediaMind's ad serving technology platform for rich media ads on its GyaO! subsidiary, Japan's largest free video streaming site. The launch is the first of a series of deployments to be implemented following the signing of a multi-faceted partnership agreement between the two companies late last year.
MediaMind's ad technology solutions will enable Yahoo! JAPAN to more effectively develop and deliver rich and creative video and display advertisements, enabling advertisers to more effectively use Internet advertising as a branding vehicle and resolve other Internet advertising challenges.
In addition, the effectiveness of the rich media ads on GyaO! will be measured using MediaMind's "Dwell" metrics. Dwell is designed to measure and visualize the extent to which users are engaging with ads, including impressions of ads which users intentionally choose to engage and the length of time these users maintain engagement.
Research studies have found that ads with a high Dwell rating were about 3 times more likely to increase brand-related keyword searches and about 1.68 times more likely to increase site traffic as compared with ads with a low Dwell rating.*1 It was also found in a live test on GyaO! in December 2012 that rich media ads had a 220% longer engagement duration as compared to traditional ads, showing that rich media ads have a high engagement effect and also positively impact search behavior and traffic.
By continuously refining their advertising technology capabilities, Yahoo! JAPAN, GyaO! and MediaMind will be able to provide advertisers with innovative and strategic services that will contribute to a more active Internet advertising experience.
DG (NASDAQ: DGIT) connects over 11,000 global advertisers and agencies with their targeted audiences through an expansive network of over 6,000 television broadcast stations and over 11,500 web publishers in 75 countries. The Company's television division utilizes best-in-class network and content management technologies, creative and production resources, digital asset management and syndication services that enable advertisers and agencies to work faster, smarter and more competitively. DG's online platform, MediaMind, allows marketers to benefit from optimized management of online advertising campaigns while maximizing data driven advertising. For more information, visit http://www.DGit.com.
About Yahoo! JAPAN:
Yahoo! JAPAN Corporation (http://www.yahoo.co.jp/, listed on the TSE 1st Section and JASDAQ; Stock code: 4689; Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Establishment: January 31, 1996; Representative Director and President: Manabu Miyasaka) operates Yahoo! JAPAN, one of the most trafficked Internet destinations in Japan. The site attracts 19 million smartphone users, which accounts for 76.2%*1 of the total 24.93 million smartphone user population in Japan.*2
*1 Calculated by MediaMind based on the "Smartphone Contents Report" issued by Video Research Interactive Inc. ("VRI") in September 2012.
*2 Calculated by MediaMind by multiplying the number of PC-based Internet users of 71.84 million, which was reported in the "Web PAC 2 Basic Survey: Estimated Population" issued by VRI in April 2012, by the smartphone ownership of 34.7%, which was found in a preliminary survey for the "Smartphone Contents Report" issued by VRI in September 2012.
About GyaO Corporation:
GyaO Corporation operates Japan's largest free video streaming site "GyaO!" as well as paid video streaming site "GyaO! Store" At the two sites, GyaO! offers everyday a wide variety of must-see titles and new line-ups including popular foreign dramas, animations, music, movies, and comedies. GyaO! provides all of its approx. 18,000 videos for free, and GyaO! store sells more than 35,000 videos. The company also provides a "multi-device" service, in which popular titles are streamed to smartphones and Internet TVs as well as PCs. The videos that are streamed are played about 120 million times a month by about 19 million users.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict