|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/04/13 -- AppDirect, the leading cloud service marketplace company, announced today that it is providing the technology to power the Staples App Center, an innovative online marketplace for cloud-based business applications. With its new App Center, Staples -- the largest office products company and second largest Internet retailer in the world -- makes it easy for small businesses to not only shop for the best business apps, but also manage them with one login, one user-friendly dashboard, and one consolidated bill.
"Staples was founded almost 30 years ago with a vision to be a one-stop shop for businesses to find office products easily and cost effectively. Today, AppDirect is helping Staples stay true to that vision by enabling access to the online tools that companies need to be successful," said Daniel Saks, President and Co-CEO of AppDirect. "Staples is famous for its 'that was easy' motto. With its new App Center, Staples is bringing the same philosophy to the cloud and business apps."
The Staples App Center powered by the AppDirect platform provides robust marketplace features that allow customers to shop for leading business applications from providers such as Google, Symantec, McAfee, Box, Carbonite, Brother, Mozy, and more. Customers can shop by category -- including security, office productivity, web conferencing, and others -- compare products, watch demos, and read reviews. Most apps offer free trials and monthly subscriptions that can be canceled or upgraded at any time.
The AppDirect platform also offers advanced management features that enable customers to create one username and password to log in and administer all of their applications, making it easy to add new users and review app usage, among other tasks. Moreover, customers can use the dashboard to view charges across applications and make one payment, eliminating the hassle of tracking invoices from multiple providers.
The Staples App Center marks AppDirect's entrance into the retail sector, a new vertical for the company. Moreover, the App Center launch represents a significant, industry-wide shift in the way small businesses buy and use software. "Staples has a long history of selling software to small businesses," Saks added. "With the launch of the App Center, Staples will continue to meet the needs of small businesses as the software industry evolves, and provide customers the option to shop whichever way is the most convenient for them."
With its white-label marketplace platform, AppDirect enables companies like Staples to broker cloud services between software providers and end users. Industry analysts have dubbed this Cloud Services Brokerage (CSB) and predict rapid growth for the sector over the next few years. "Channel companies today are adopting the CSB role to enrich their traditional IT services capabilities, expand into new markets, differentiate offerings and defend market share. Gartner estimates the revenue generated by those providing CSB services during the next two years to be $100 billion," said Tiffani Bova, Research VP at Gartner (Service Provider Primer: Cloud Services Brokerage, November 2012).
For more information about the Staples App Center, please visit: https://appcenter.staples.com/home
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. Its award-winning platform connects businesses, brands, and developers through a global network of partner marketplaces. Based in San Francisco, AppDirect powers the marketplaces of trusted companies around the globe -- including Staples, Deutsche Telekom, Rackspace, Swisscom, Appcelerator, and more -- and has helped millions of businesses discover, buy, and manage the best cloud-based software and services.
877-404-APPS ext. 419
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict