|By PR.com Newswire||
|February 1, 2013 05:11 PM EST||
Charlotte, NC, February 01, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Thanks to the increased prominence of photo-sharing platforms such as Instagram, as well as digital “bulletin board” applications like Pinterest, the Internet is more image-based than ever before, leading some pundits to herald the advent of “the visual Web,” and of visual marketing. Taking that trend even further is a groundbreaking new site called Logodex.com. The first of its kind, Logodex.com is a visual search engine, designed to streamline and simplify the information retrieval process while offering unique benefits to businesses and brands. The site is set to launch on February 6—and businesses are encouraged to get in on the ground floor, as rankings within the Logodex.com database will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
According to site developer Johnny Lawrence, the impetus for Logodex.com was to provide search engine users with an easier, simpler way to locate the information they needed. “In a way, it cuts through all of the noise and the clutter found on traditional search engines,” says Lawrence. “It is all about making it quicker and easier to locate needed services. The user only needs to input the kind of business needed, as well as the city, and the Logodex.com search engine will display the logos of companies that fit the description.” Clicking on any one of these logos will take the consumers to the website of the applicable company or local business.
Lawrence says that the appeal to search engine users is obvious, but the benefits for businesses and brands are just as important. “This takes the idea of visual marketing to a whole new level,” he says. “Businesses can make strong first impressions by using striking visuals; uploading a logo to the Logodex.com database makes it easier than ever to boost brand visibility.” Businesses can also promote themselves on a Groupon-styled “local deals” page, on which Logodex.com provides businesses with opportunities to host discount codes and coupons. Search engine users can sign up to receive updates and deals from the local businesses they frequent.
Lawrence notes that the simplified functionality and vast logo database of Logodex.com offer immense consumer appeal—so businesses are encouraged to take part. “Businesses can choose to list themselves under different keywords, including their city, their industry, and different buzzwords for the services they offer,” he explains. “The bottom line is that this provides a tremendous opportunity for companies to market themselves and make themselves more visible to the clients who matter the most—that is, local consumers.” Logodex.com is committed to helping businesses with those marketing efforts; a robust social media campaign is planned to draw users to the Logodex.com database.
A listing in the Logodex.com directory is free, Lawrence says, though premium memberships are available. “Some of the paid features include a larger logo placement and more search terms,” he offers. Rankings within the Logodex.com search engine are decided on a first-come, first-serve basis, however, which Lawrence says creates a level playing field—and a sense of urgency. “It obviously helps to have your business listed first among its competitors,” Lawrence concludes. “As such, now is the time for businesses to take advantage of this first-of-its-kind visual search technology.”
Logodex.com is a visual search engine, tied to an exhaustive online database of logos—the first of its kind, Logodex.com offers simplified search functionality and easy information retrieval, as well as myriad marketing opportunities for businesses and brands. The site was founded in early 2013, by developer Johnny Lawrence. Logodex.com is an innovative new way to search the Web, and it is taking the idea of visual marketing to the next level. The site can be accessed at www.logodex.com.
Click here to read the full story: Logodex.com Launches Groundbreaking Visual Search Engine, Offering Myriad Benefits to Businesses, Consumers
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict