|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
MILPITAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ: ISIL), a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance analog and mixed signal semiconductors, has introduced two new LED driver controllers that not only operate in critical conduction mode (CrCM) but also deliver the industry's highest efficiency and dimming performance in industrial and commercial lighting systems.
The ISL1903 and ISL1904 are high-performance; single-ended buck and flyback LED driver controllers that support single-stage conversion of the AC mains to a constant current source with power factor correction (PFC). Designed for isolated and non-isolated power applications, the ISL1903 supports buck converter topologies including isolated forward converters and non-isolated source return buck converters. The ISL1904 supports isolated flyback as well as non-isolated SEPIC and Boost topologies. They operate in CrCM to allow near zero-voltage switching, maximizing both efficiency and magnetic core utilization. Both the ISL1903 and ISL1904 may also be used with DC input sources.
Both devices deliver near-universal dimmer compatibility, and are designed for industrial and commercial lighting installations and retrofits. Additionally, they can be used in DC or AC input LED ballasts and in universal AC mains input LED retrofit lamps.
Features and Specifications
- Configurable for either PWM or DC current dimming control of LEDs
- Compatible with leading and trailing edge dimmers
- Zero to 100 percent dimming capability
- Corrected power factor of 0.995 enables Energy Star rating
- Less than 20% harmonic content
- Closed loop soft-start assures no overshoot
- Primary side current sensing eliminates the need for opto-couplers, lowering BOM cost
- -40 degrees to +125 degrees C operation
Pricing and Availability
The ISL1903 and ISL1904 are available now in compact 16-lead QSOP packages, with prices starting at $0.84 each in 1,000-unit quantities.
For more information please visit:
Intersil Corporation is a leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance analog, mixed-signal and power management semiconductors. The company's products address some of the fastest growing markets within the industrial and infrastructure, personal computing and high-end consumer markets. For more information about Intersil or to find out how to become a member of our winning team, visit our website and career page at www.intersil.com.
Intersil and the Intersil logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intersil Corporation. All other brands, product names and marks are or may be trademarks or registered trademarks used to identify products or services of their respective owners.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict