|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 06:00 AM EST||
DALLAS, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Salem Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: SALM), a leading U.S. radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and conservative opinion content, announced today the addition of Ransom Notes, featuring Townhall Finance editor John Ransom, to its line-up at the Wall Street Business Network, distributed by Salem Communications . The show will air Monday-Friday, 2PM ET to 3PM ET on stations across the nation.
Ransom Notes will provide an alternative to the big government-big business bias that dominates CNBC, Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg and other business outlets on radio and the internet.
"Bringing John Ransom to our business stations provides listeners with a fresh and informed perspective on today's business climate," said David Santrella, president of Radio division at Salem. "Between unemployment, the debt ceiling and an economy in a constant state of flux we need reliable information to guide us. Ransom Notes does that and more each weekday."
"Unfortunately we live in an age when Washington and Wall Street team up to pick predetermined winners and losers in business and in politics," said host John Ransom. "Too often the media acts as a cheerleader for this phenomenon. It's been bad for business and it's been bad for politics."
Said David Evans, Division President of New Business Development, Interactive and Publishing of Salem Communications: "Ransom Notes brings a unique perspective to its radio audience: a radio show that provides listeners news regarding the macro economic and political environment AND expert opinion on how this environment may impact their personal investment decisions."
About Ransom Notes
Let's face it: The old rules no longer apply. Baby boomers no longer expect to use their retirement savings to open up a bed & breakfast, or to go surfing in Maui. They hope to be fortunate enough just to retire. You can no longer succeed as an investor on Wall Street without understanding Washington. Ransom Notes will help investors overcome the influence of politics on money and the influence of money on politics. The show features interviews of newsmakers in politics and finance while providing investors and the general public with the story behind the story in money and politics.
For a station listing, please visit http://www.wallstreetbusinessnetwork.com.
About Salem Communications
Salem Communications Corporation is the largest commercial U.S. radio broadcasting company that provides programming targeted at audiences interested in Christian and conservative opinion content, as measured by the number of stations and audience coverage. Upon completion of all announced transactions, the company will own and/or operate a national portfolio of 99 radio stations in 38 markets, including 61 stations in 22 of the top 25 markets. Salem also programs the Family Talk Christian-themed talk format on SiriusXM Radio, channel 131.
Salem also owns Salem Radio Network, a national radio network that syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,300 affiliated radio stations and Salem Media Representatives, a national media advertising sales firm with offices across the country.
In addition to its radio broadcast business, Salem owns an Internet and a publishing division. Salem Web Network is a provider of online Christian and conservative-themed content and streaming and includes websites such as Christian faith focused Christianity.com, Questions and Answers about Jesus Christ at Jesus.org, Christian living focused Crosswalk.com®, online Bible at BibleStudyTools.com, Christian videos at GodTube.com, a leading website providing church media at WorshipHouseMedia.com and Christian radio ministries online at OnePlace.com. Additionally Salem owns conservative news leader Townhall.com® and conservative political blog HotAir.com, providing conservative commentary, news and blogging. Salem Publishing circulates Christian and conservative magazines such as Homecoming® The Magazine, YouthWorker Journal, The Singing News, FaithTalk Magazine, Preaching and Townhall Magazine. Xulon Press is a provider of self publishing services targeting the Christian audience.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2214742
Evan D. Masyr
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict