|By Marketwired .||
|January 29, 2013 11:30 AM EST||
LANSING, MI -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Accela, Inc., the leading provider of web-, mobile-, and cloud-based software exclusively for government, announced today that the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Construction Codes, will replace its existing Permits Plus client-server technology with Accela Automation® web-based, enterprise system to integrate Construction, Code Enforcement, Licensing, and Case Management -- and ultimately to improve service delivery to the State's 9.8 million residents.
The Bureau of Construction Codes in this Great Lakes state is responsible for the administration of laws relating to building, boiler, electrical, elevator, mechanical systems, and plumbing. The Bureau issues permits and licenses, manages licensure examinations, provides inspections and plan review services, investigates complaints against licensees, and registers inspectors. Accela Automation enterprise system will provide a single gateway for the Bureau to fulfill its legally mandated role and for local inspectors, contactors, licensees, and homeowners to conduct their business with the State more productively.
Accela Land Management will manage Michigan building permit activities from initiation to close. Mirroring existing business processes, the solution will provide staff with the exact business information and workflow needed to perform their individual job functions. Land Management will also handle all types of regulatory activities, from one-time processes such as residential construction permitting to annually renewable activities such as elevator certificates. Accela Automation will be supplemented by Electronic Document Review, which integrates the industry standard, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, to offer comprehensive project analysis and management for multiple types of documents -- including plans, architectural drawings, and licenses.
By providing the highest level of configurability and flexibility to meet standard licensing needs, Accela Licensing and Case Management will streamline the issuance, tracking, and enforcement of all construction-related professional licenses by the Michigan Bureau of Construction Codes. The Bureau will also be able to easily create new case types and business rules associated with unique regulations, statutory requirements, and internal procedures.
Accela Citizen Access will extend Accela Automation's offerings throughout the State of Michigan by enabling citizens, contractors, and other business professionals access to government services 24/7. Citizen Access will allow citizens to submit and view the results of service requests, apply for and check the status of permits, upload photographs, view system-generated alerts and notifications, and access government reports. Accela GIS will integrate a map interface with Accela Automation to visualize government data geographically by leveraging the State's existing Esri ArcGIS for Server and Microsoft Bing Maps.
Accela Mobile Office will connect field personnel -- including inspectors and investigators -- to enterprise data that can be captured, stored, updated, manipulated, analyzed, and displayed for real-time code enforcement activities, thereby expediting turnaround service by the Michigan Bureau of Construction Codes for the benefit of citizens.
"Accela is delighted that the State of Michigan has upgraded to Accela Automation from Permits Plus for Construction, Code Enforcement, Licensing, and Case Management," said Maury Blackman, Accela CEO and President. "Having valued our relationship as Michigan's technology partner since 1999, Accela looks forward to continuing to assist the State in its move toward greater government productivity and citizen engagement."
Accela, Inc. is the leading provider of mobile, web- and cloud-based software applications that make government easier, faster and more accessible for local, state and federal agency workers, and the citizens they serve. Accela is headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., with international offices in Australia and the United Arab Emirates. Additional information is available at www.accela.com.
Accela and Accela Automation are registered trademarks of Accela, Inc. Accela Land Management, Accela GIS, Accela Citizen Access, and Accela Mobile Office are trademarks of Accela, Inc. Other names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict