|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 09:18 AM EST||
DomainSponsor®, the online traffic monetization business of Oversee.net® and organizer of the annual Webfest GlobalTM conference, announced today its comprehensive agenda and speaker roster for Webfest Global 2013 to be held February 5-7, 2013 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica, California. The agenda at the three-day conference will cover a variety of topics designed to provide online marketing executives and entrepreneurs with the latest tips and insights for acquiring, converting, and monetizing web and mobile customers.
- Panel discussion on how to predict which new gTLDs will be winners.
- Workshop on how to calculate a fair price for buying or selling a domain name.
- Interactive workshop with renowned, landing page optimization expert, Tim Ash.
- Mobile user and advertising trends presentation by Henry Tam from Millennium Media, Publisher of the S.M.A.R.T.™ Report.
- The annual PITCHfest contest that gives Internet entrepreneurs a chance to get discovered.
- “Dine with the Experts” program at breakfast or lunch, providing attendees with an opportunity to make a reservation at the table with the expert of their choice.
- A fireside chat with entrepreneur and social media expert Kim Kardashian, moderated by Oversee.net CEO Debra Domeyer.
- A live domain name auction, offering simultaneous online real-time bidding, hosted by Moniker.com and SnapNames.com.
- Three elaborate networking dinner parties at Santa Monica Place (Tuesday), under the Shuttle Endeavor at the California Science Center (Wednesday), and the Magic Castle (Thursday).
Panels and Expert Panelists
New gTLDs and IDN gTLDs: How to Predict
Winners and Losers – Panelists will discuss various
strategies that new gTLD registries will deploy to win over consumers
- Phil Corwin serves as Counsel to the Internet Commerce Association, representing its members in Washington, D.C. and before ICANN proceedings.
- Dan Schindler co-founded Donuts in 2009 and oversees sales and marketing programs. A seasoned technology executive, Dan has developed businesses his entire career.
- Andrew Snow leads Globabel Holdings, an IDN development and investment company that holds the world’s largest multilingual premium generic and geo IDN portfolio.
- Tim Switzer, COO/CFO, DotGreen Community Inc., has extensive experience in the domain industry and at ICANN. He worked at Neustar, Inc. where he led the Domain Name Registry business unit.
Domain Monetization Options beyond Parking
-- This session will discuss recent alternative monetization
strategies that have shown promise for publishers.
- Jay Chapman is a serial entrepreneur. He leads Digimedia’s mission as creator, incubator, developer, investor and/or advisor for a spectrum of start-ups and emerging companies.
- Michael Gilmour, a domain investor for over 10 years, cofounded ParkLogic, which both maximizes domain revenue and manages domain portfolios as valuable assets.
- Branden Pollock is a domainer and serial entrepreneur who owns several online and offline companies, including Legal Brand Marketing.
- Lavin Punjabi is President and COO of Affinity, a leading online advertising network. He has rich and varied experience of almost a decade in the online advertising industry.
- Zappy Zapolin is the visionary behind Internet brands, including Music.com, Beer.com, Computer.com, Creditcards.com, Debt.com, Diamond.com and PrescriptionDrugs.com.
How to Negotiate a Fair Price for a Domain
– Experts will discuss qualitative and quantitative approaches for
assessing the value of a domain name.
- Morgan Linton is the founder of Los Angeles-based Linton Investments, a domain name investment firm that specializes in helping startups find and acquire domain names.
- Paul Nicks is responsible for strategic growth and development of GoDaddy’s aftermarket product division.
- Andrew Rosener leads MediaOptions and is an active domain investor. He has been buying domain names since 1998.
SEO Keywords, Content and Links –
This session will offer a fast, deep dive into the strategies needed
to avoid being bitten by the Panda and the Penguin.
- Joanna Lord currently heads up SEOmoz’s lifecycle marketing efforts. She is a well-known social media enthusiast and conference speaker.
- Christian Neeser is Product Manager for SEO, Acquisition and Optimization, MyLife.com, which features over 400 million indexed pages on Google.
- Aaron Shear is MD/CEO for Boost Search Marketing and has been personally responsible for $4 billion in increased revenues for companies since the 1990s.
- Danny Sullivan is Editor-In-Chief of Search Engine Land. He is considered a leading search engine expert and journalist and has written about search for nearly 15 years.
PPC, Retargeting, Affiliate, Social
– This panel will provide tips as well as the pros and cons of
acquiring traffic via each of these channels.
- Adam Epstein is President and Chief Operating Officer of adMarketplace. He is responsible for managing day-to-day business operations.
- Peter Hamilton has helped to pioneer change in performance marketing and garnered clients, such as Zynga, Beachmint, Intuit, Rackspace, SEOmoz, and Sears.
- Merry Morud specializes in social media marketing, full-contact Facebook advertising, and deep psychographic research. She has spoken at multiple industry conferences.
- Jay Weintraub heads up the company that develops and promotes the LeadsCon and LoCo Summit (previously Daily Deal Summit) conference series.
Engaging and Converting Mobile Users
– This panel will discuss user experience design and conversion
best practices for native apps, web apps and responsive sites.
- Bardia Dejban founded Lolay, which has launched dozens of mobile and web software projects for organizations, such as Thomson Reuters, eHarmony, and MyLife.com.
- William Hsu is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of MuckerLab. He has spent his career as a start-up entrepreneur and an executive of a Fortune 100 company.
- Greg Sterling has multiple roles as a contributing editor, senior analyst, and founder of Sterling Market Intelligence, a consulting firm focused on the Internet's impact on offline consumer behavior.
Acquiring Mobile Users on a Restricted Budget
– This panel will offer a variety of tactics and best practices
for acquiring mobile users on a restricted budget.
- Cindy Krum is the author of Mobile Marketing: Finding Your Customers No Matter Where They Are. She brings fresh and creative ideas to her clients, providing on-site training and workshops as well as speaking at national and international trade events.
- Bryson Meunier is a primary architect of Resolution Media’s natural search product and ClearTarget™ Digital Behavior Analysis.
- Gary Rudolph founded Lolay, which specializes in cross-platform development and marketing of mobile applications for several premier brands with a rich domain experience.
Kim Kardashian will have a fireside chat with Oversee.net CEO Debra Domeyer asking a series of questions related to Ms. Kardashian’s current and future entrepreneurial endeavors.
Rapid-fire Live Landing Page Critiques
Tim Ash will offer some quick and actionable tips to immediately improve website performance. He is the author of the bestselling book Landing Page Optimization, and CEO of SiteTuners, a firm that specializes in improving website conversion rates
Mobile Advertising Trends
Henry Tam will discuss which verticals are currently seeing the best returns for their mobile advertising dollars and discuss a number of insights on how to optimize mobile advertising strategies related to content, design, and placement.
Welcome and Opening Presentation
Debra Domeyer, CEO of Oversee.net, will speak on the latest web and mobile developments impacting domain investors and online marketers.
The complete agenda, including links to panelist and speaker bios, is available at: http://webfestglobal.com/agenda.
Moniker|SnapNames Live Domain Name Auction
Moniker|SnapNames will be hosting a live, premium domain name auction at Webfest Global 2013 on Wednesday, February 6th from 4:00 – 5:30pm PST. An extended online domain auction will start on Tuesday, February 5th and end at 3:15pm EST on Thursday, March 8th. To view domain names included in the auction, including opening bid ranges, go to: http://webfestglobal.com/auctions.
Conference registration is $1,295 and includes admission to all sessions, exhibit hall, daily breakfasts, daily lunches and official dinner networking parties at unique venues, plus access to a new mobile app offering personal event calendar and attendee networking features. The new mobile app will be available on Feb. 4, 2013. To register, visit http://webfestglobal.com/register.
The entire Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica has been reserved exclusively for the conference to provide attendees with an intimate, distraction-free environment that maximizes networking opportunities. For information on the hotel, please visit http://webfestglobal.com/hotel.
About Webfest GlobalTM
Founded in 2006 by DomainSponsor®, the direct navigation traffic monetization division of Oversee.net, Webfest Global (formerly DOMAINfest®) is a conference series that brings domain industry and online marketing professionals together to learn, network and do business. Content and speakers offer insights, tips and the latest best practices in areas such as web and mobile user acquisition, conversion and monetization, plus updates on how regulatory and ICANN policies impact domain name owners and brand marketers worldwide. Attendees include domain publishers, internet entrepreneurs and a wide range of online marketing executives and service providers. For more information, please visit http://webfestglobal.com.
Oversee.net® is a leader in online performance marketing. Using proprietary technology, it helps advertisers acquire valuable, pre-qualified leads. Its DomainSponsor® business unit pioneered the monetization of direct navigation traffic in 2002 and now operates one of the largest PPC and CPV traffic networks in the world with over 250 million unique visitors per month. Oversee’s owned and operated online web businesses in the travel, retail and consumer finance verticals produce over 14 million high-converting leads per month for advertisers by providing users with the information they need to make smart purchase decisions. Oversee also owns Webfest GlobalTM, a conference series for domain investors and online marketing professionals. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Oversee has offices in New York City and Frankfurt, Germany. For more information, please visit http://oversee.net.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 534
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 369
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 345
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,426
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 152
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,087
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,180
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,302
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,209
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,053
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,048
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 337
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,914
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,592
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 407
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,977
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 491
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,561
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,506