|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 09:18 AM EST||
DomainSponsor®, the online traffic monetization business of Oversee.net® and organizer of the annual Webfest GlobalTM conference, announced today its comprehensive agenda and speaker roster for Webfest Global 2013 to be held February 5-7, 2013 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica, California. The agenda at the three-day conference will cover a variety of topics designed to provide online marketing executives and entrepreneurs with the latest tips and insights for acquiring, converting, and monetizing web and mobile customers.
- Panel discussion on how to predict which new gTLDs will be winners.
- Workshop on how to calculate a fair price for buying or selling a domain name.
- Interactive workshop with renowned, landing page optimization expert, Tim Ash.
- Mobile user and advertising trends presentation by Henry Tam from Millennium Media, Publisher of the S.M.A.R.T.™ Report.
- The annual PITCHfest contest that gives Internet entrepreneurs a chance to get discovered.
- “Dine with the Experts” program at breakfast or lunch, providing attendees with an opportunity to make a reservation at the table with the expert of their choice.
- A fireside chat with entrepreneur and social media expert Kim Kardashian, moderated by Oversee.net CEO Debra Domeyer.
- A live domain name auction, offering simultaneous online real-time bidding, hosted by Moniker.com and SnapNames.com.
- Three elaborate networking dinner parties at Santa Monica Place (Tuesday), under the Shuttle Endeavor at the California Science Center (Wednesday), and the Magic Castle (Thursday).
Panels and Expert Panelists
New gTLDs and IDN gTLDs: How to Predict
Winners and Losers – Panelists will discuss various
strategies that new gTLD registries will deploy to win over consumers
- Phil Corwin serves as Counsel to the Internet Commerce Association, representing its members in Washington, D.C. and before ICANN proceedings.
- Dan Schindler co-founded Donuts in 2009 and oversees sales and marketing programs. A seasoned technology executive, Dan has developed businesses his entire career.
- Andrew Snow leads Globabel Holdings, an IDN development and investment company that holds the world’s largest multilingual premium generic and geo IDN portfolio.
- Tim Switzer, COO/CFO, DotGreen Community Inc., has extensive experience in the domain industry and at ICANN. He worked at Neustar, Inc. where he led the Domain Name Registry business unit.
Domain Monetization Options beyond Parking
-- This session will discuss recent alternative monetization
strategies that have shown promise for publishers.
- Jay Chapman is a serial entrepreneur. He leads Digimedia’s mission as creator, incubator, developer, investor and/or advisor for a spectrum of start-ups and emerging companies.
- Michael Gilmour, a domain investor for over 10 years, cofounded ParkLogic, which both maximizes domain revenue and manages domain portfolios as valuable assets.
- Branden Pollock is a domainer and serial entrepreneur who owns several online and offline companies, including Legal Brand Marketing.
- Lavin Punjabi is President and COO of Affinity, a leading online advertising network. He has rich and varied experience of almost a decade in the online advertising industry.
- Zappy Zapolin is the visionary behind Internet brands, including Music.com, Beer.com, Computer.com, Creditcards.com, Debt.com, Diamond.com and PrescriptionDrugs.com.
How to Negotiate a Fair Price for a Domain
– Experts will discuss qualitative and quantitative approaches for
assessing the value of a domain name.
- Morgan Linton is the founder of Los Angeles-based Linton Investments, a domain name investment firm that specializes in helping startups find and acquire domain names.
- Paul Nicks is responsible for strategic growth and development of GoDaddy’s aftermarket product division.
- Andrew Rosener leads MediaOptions and is an active domain investor. He has been buying domain names since 1998.
SEO Keywords, Content and Links –
This session will offer a fast, deep dive into the strategies needed
to avoid being bitten by the Panda and the Penguin.
- Joanna Lord currently heads up SEOmoz’s lifecycle marketing efforts. She is a well-known social media enthusiast and conference speaker.
- Christian Neeser is Product Manager for SEO, Acquisition and Optimization, MyLife.com, which features over 400 million indexed pages on Google.
- Aaron Shear is MD/CEO for Boost Search Marketing and has been personally responsible for $4 billion in increased revenues for companies since the 1990s.
- Danny Sullivan is Editor-In-Chief of Search Engine Land. He is considered a leading search engine expert and journalist and has written about search for nearly 15 years.
PPC, Retargeting, Affiliate, Social
– This panel will provide tips as well as the pros and cons of
acquiring traffic via each of these channels.
- Adam Epstein is President and Chief Operating Officer of adMarketplace. He is responsible for managing day-to-day business operations.
- Peter Hamilton has helped to pioneer change in performance marketing and garnered clients, such as Zynga, Beachmint, Intuit, Rackspace, SEOmoz, and Sears.
- Merry Morud specializes in social media marketing, full-contact Facebook advertising, and deep psychographic research. She has spoken at multiple industry conferences.
- Jay Weintraub heads up the company that develops and promotes the LeadsCon and LoCo Summit (previously Daily Deal Summit) conference series.
Engaging and Converting Mobile Users
– This panel will discuss user experience design and conversion
best practices for native apps, web apps and responsive sites.
- Bardia Dejban founded Lolay, which has launched dozens of mobile and web software projects for organizations, such as Thomson Reuters, eHarmony, and MyLife.com.
- William Hsu is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of MuckerLab. He has spent his career as a start-up entrepreneur and an executive of a Fortune 100 company.
- Greg Sterling has multiple roles as a contributing editor, senior analyst, and founder of Sterling Market Intelligence, a consulting firm focused on the Internet's impact on offline consumer behavior.
Acquiring Mobile Users on a Restricted Budget
– This panel will offer a variety of tactics and best practices
for acquiring mobile users on a restricted budget.
- Cindy Krum is the author of Mobile Marketing: Finding Your Customers No Matter Where They Are. She brings fresh and creative ideas to her clients, providing on-site training and workshops as well as speaking at national and international trade events.
- Bryson Meunier is a primary architect of Resolution Media’s natural search product and ClearTarget™ Digital Behavior Analysis.
- Gary Rudolph founded Lolay, which specializes in cross-platform development and marketing of mobile applications for several premier brands with a rich domain experience.
Kim Kardashian will have a fireside chat with Oversee.net CEO Debra Domeyer asking a series of questions related to Ms. Kardashian’s current and future entrepreneurial endeavors.
Rapid-fire Live Landing Page Critiques
Tim Ash will offer some quick and actionable tips to immediately improve website performance. He is the author of the bestselling book Landing Page Optimization, and CEO of SiteTuners, a firm that specializes in improving website conversion rates
Mobile Advertising Trends
Henry Tam will discuss which verticals are currently seeing the best returns for their mobile advertising dollars and discuss a number of insights on how to optimize mobile advertising strategies related to content, design, and placement.
Welcome and Opening Presentation
Debra Domeyer, CEO of Oversee.net, will speak on the latest web and mobile developments impacting domain investors and online marketers.
The complete agenda, including links to panelist and speaker bios, is available at: http://webfestglobal.com/agenda.
Moniker|SnapNames Live Domain Name Auction
Moniker|SnapNames will be hosting a live, premium domain name auction at Webfest Global 2013 on Wednesday, February 6th from 4:00 – 5:30pm PST. An extended online domain auction will start on Tuesday, February 5th and end at 3:15pm EST on Thursday, March 8th. To view domain names included in the auction, including opening bid ranges, go to: http://webfestglobal.com/auctions.
Conference registration is $1,295 and includes admission to all sessions, exhibit hall, daily breakfasts, daily lunches and official dinner networking parties at unique venues, plus access to a new mobile app offering personal event calendar and attendee networking features. The new mobile app will be available on Feb. 4, 2013. To register, visit http://webfestglobal.com/register.
The entire Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica has been reserved exclusively for the conference to provide attendees with an intimate, distraction-free environment that maximizes networking opportunities. For information on the hotel, please visit http://webfestglobal.com/hotel.
About Webfest GlobalTM
Founded in 2006 by DomainSponsor®, the direct navigation traffic monetization division of Oversee.net, Webfest Global (formerly DOMAINfest®) is a conference series that brings domain industry and online marketing professionals together to learn, network and do business. Content and speakers offer insights, tips and the latest best practices in areas such as web and mobile user acquisition, conversion and monetization, plus updates on how regulatory and ICANN policies impact domain name owners and brand marketers worldwide. Attendees include domain publishers, internet entrepreneurs and a wide range of online marketing executives and service providers. For more information, please visit http://webfestglobal.com.
Oversee.net® is a leader in online performance marketing. Using proprietary technology, it helps advertisers acquire valuable, pre-qualified leads. Its DomainSponsor® business unit pioneered the monetization of direct navigation traffic in 2002 and now operates one of the largest PPC and CPV traffic networks in the world with over 250 million unique visitors per month. Oversee’s owned and operated online web businesses in the travel, retail and consumer finance verticals produce over 14 million high-converting leads per month for advertisers by providing users with the information they need to make smart purchase decisions. Oversee also owns Webfest GlobalTM, a conference series for domain investors and online marketing professionals. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Oversee has offices in New York City and Frankfurt, Germany. For more information, please visit http://oversee.net.
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,361
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 410
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,455
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,882
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,288
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,858
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,230
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 978
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 861
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 629
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,039
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:42 PM EST Reads: 220
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 815
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,779
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,380
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 7,382
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,023
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 762
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,103
Dec. 9, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 1,999