|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 09:18 AM EST||
DomainSponsor®, the online traffic monetization business of Oversee.net® and organizer of the annual Webfest GlobalTM conference, announced today its comprehensive agenda and speaker roster for Webfest Global 2013 to be held February 5-7, 2013 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica, California. The agenda at the three-day conference will cover a variety of topics designed to provide online marketing executives and entrepreneurs with the latest tips and insights for acquiring, converting, and monetizing web and mobile customers.
- Panel discussion on how to predict which new gTLDs will be winners.
- Workshop on how to calculate a fair price for buying or selling a domain name.
- Interactive workshop with renowned, landing page optimization expert, Tim Ash.
- Mobile user and advertising trends presentation by Henry Tam from Millennium Media, Publisher of the S.M.A.R.T.™ Report.
- The annual PITCHfest contest that gives Internet entrepreneurs a chance to get discovered.
- “Dine with the Experts” program at breakfast or lunch, providing attendees with an opportunity to make a reservation at the table with the expert of their choice.
- A fireside chat with entrepreneur and social media expert Kim Kardashian, moderated by Oversee.net CEO Debra Domeyer.
- A live domain name auction, offering simultaneous online real-time bidding, hosted by Moniker.com and SnapNames.com.
- Three elaborate networking dinner parties at Santa Monica Place (Tuesday), under the Shuttle Endeavor at the California Science Center (Wednesday), and the Magic Castle (Thursday).
Panels and Expert Panelists
New gTLDs and IDN gTLDs: How to Predict
Winners and Losers – Panelists will discuss various
strategies that new gTLD registries will deploy to win over consumers
- Phil Corwin serves as Counsel to the Internet Commerce Association, representing its members in Washington, D.C. and before ICANN proceedings.
- Dan Schindler co-founded Donuts in 2009 and oversees sales and marketing programs. A seasoned technology executive, Dan has developed businesses his entire career.
- Andrew Snow leads Globabel Holdings, an IDN development and investment company that holds the world’s largest multilingual premium generic and geo IDN portfolio.
- Tim Switzer, COO/CFO, DotGreen Community Inc., has extensive experience in the domain industry and at ICANN. He worked at Neustar, Inc. where he led the Domain Name Registry business unit.
Domain Monetization Options beyond Parking
-- This session will discuss recent alternative monetization
strategies that have shown promise for publishers.
- Jay Chapman is a serial entrepreneur. He leads Digimedia’s mission as creator, incubator, developer, investor and/or advisor for a spectrum of start-ups and emerging companies.
- Michael Gilmour, a domain investor for over 10 years, cofounded ParkLogic, which both maximizes domain revenue and manages domain portfolios as valuable assets.
- Branden Pollock is a domainer and serial entrepreneur who owns several online and offline companies, including Legal Brand Marketing.
- Lavin Punjabi is President and COO of Affinity, a leading online advertising network. He has rich and varied experience of almost a decade in the online advertising industry.
- Zappy Zapolin is the visionary behind Internet brands, including Music.com, Beer.com, Computer.com, Creditcards.com, Debt.com, Diamond.com and PrescriptionDrugs.com.
How to Negotiate a Fair Price for a Domain
– Experts will discuss qualitative and quantitative approaches for
assessing the value of a domain name.
- Morgan Linton is the founder of Los Angeles-based Linton Investments, a domain name investment firm that specializes in helping startups find and acquire domain names.
- Paul Nicks is responsible for strategic growth and development of GoDaddy’s aftermarket product division.
- Andrew Rosener leads MediaOptions and is an active domain investor. He has been buying domain names since 1998.
SEO Keywords, Content and Links –
This session will offer a fast, deep dive into the strategies needed
to avoid being bitten by the Panda and the Penguin.
- Joanna Lord currently heads up SEOmoz’s lifecycle marketing efforts. She is a well-known social media enthusiast and conference speaker.
- Christian Neeser is Product Manager for SEO, Acquisition and Optimization, MyLife.com, which features over 400 million indexed pages on Google.
- Aaron Shear is MD/CEO for Boost Search Marketing and has been personally responsible for $4 billion in increased revenues for companies since the 1990s.
- Danny Sullivan is Editor-In-Chief of Search Engine Land. He is considered a leading search engine expert and journalist and has written about search for nearly 15 years.
PPC, Retargeting, Affiliate, Social
– This panel will provide tips as well as the pros and cons of
acquiring traffic via each of these channels.
- Adam Epstein is President and Chief Operating Officer of adMarketplace. He is responsible for managing day-to-day business operations.
- Peter Hamilton has helped to pioneer change in performance marketing and garnered clients, such as Zynga, Beachmint, Intuit, Rackspace, SEOmoz, and Sears.
- Merry Morud specializes in social media marketing, full-contact Facebook advertising, and deep psychographic research. She has spoken at multiple industry conferences.
- Jay Weintraub heads up the company that develops and promotes the LeadsCon and LoCo Summit (previously Daily Deal Summit) conference series.
Engaging and Converting Mobile Users
– This panel will discuss user experience design and conversion
best practices for native apps, web apps and responsive sites.
- Bardia Dejban founded Lolay, which has launched dozens of mobile and web software projects for organizations, such as Thomson Reuters, eHarmony, and MyLife.com.
- William Hsu is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of MuckerLab. He has spent his career as a start-up entrepreneur and an executive of a Fortune 100 company.
- Greg Sterling has multiple roles as a contributing editor, senior analyst, and founder of Sterling Market Intelligence, a consulting firm focused on the Internet's impact on offline consumer behavior.
Acquiring Mobile Users on a Restricted Budget
– This panel will offer a variety of tactics and best practices
for acquiring mobile users on a restricted budget.
- Cindy Krum is the author of Mobile Marketing: Finding Your Customers No Matter Where They Are. She brings fresh and creative ideas to her clients, providing on-site training and workshops as well as speaking at national and international trade events.
- Bryson Meunier is a primary architect of Resolution Media’s natural search product and ClearTarget™ Digital Behavior Analysis.
- Gary Rudolph founded Lolay, which specializes in cross-platform development and marketing of mobile applications for several premier brands with a rich domain experience.
Kim Kardashian will have a fireside chat with Oversee.net CEO Debra Domeyer asking a series of questions related to Ms. Kardashian’s current and future entrepreneurial endeavors.
Rapid-fire Live Landing Page Critiques
Tim Ash will offer some quick and actionable tips to immediately improve website performance. He is the author of the bestselling book Landing Page Optimization, and CEO of SiteTuners, a firm that specializes in improving website conversion rates
Mobile Advertising Trends
Henry Tam will discuss which verticals are currently seeing the best returns for their mobile advertising dollars and discuss a number of insights on how to optimize mobile advertising strategies related to content, design, and placement.
Welcome and Opening Presentation
Debra Domeyer, CEO of Oversee.net, will speak on the latest web and mobile developments impacting domain investors and online marketers.
The complete agenda, including links to panelist and speaker bios, is available at: http://webfestglobal.com/agenda.
Moniker|SnapNames Live Domain Name Auction
Moniker|SnapNames will be hosting a live, premium domain name auction at Webfest Global 2013 on Wednesday, February 6th from 4:00 – 5:30pm PST. An extended online domain auction will start on Tuesday, February 5th and end at 3:15pm EST on Thursday, March 8th. To view domain names included in the auction, including opening bid ranges, go to: http://webfestglobal.com/auctions.
Conference registration is $1,295 and includes admission to all sessions, exhibit hall, daily breakfasts, daily lunches and official dinner networking parties at unique venues, plus access to a new mobile app offering personal event calendar and attendee networking features. The new mobile app will be available on Feb. 4, 2013. To register, visit http://webfestglobal.com/register.
The entire Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica has been reserved exclusively for the conference to provide attendees with an intimate, distraction-free environment that maximizes networking opportunities. For information on the hotel, please visit http://webfestglobal.com/hotel.
About Webfest GlobalTM
Founded in 2006 by DomainSponsor®, the direct navigation traffic monetization division of Oversee.net, Webfest Global (formerly DOMAINfest®) is a conference series that brings domain industry and online marketing professionals together to learn, network and do business. Content and speakers offer insights, tips and the latest best practices in areas such as web and mobile user acquisition, conversion and monetization, plus updates on how regulatory and ICANN policies impact domain name owners and brand marketers worldwide. Attendees include domain publishers, internet entrepreneurs and a wide range of online marketing executives and service providers. For more information, please visit http://webfestglobal.com.
Oversee.net® is a leader in online performance marketing. Using proprietary technology, it helps advertisers acquire valuable, pre-qualified leads. Its DomainSponsor® business unit pioneered the monetization of direct navigation traffic in 2002 and now operates one of the largest PPC and CPV traffic networks in the world with over 250 million unique visitors per month. Oversee’s owned and operated online web businesses in the travel, retail and consumer finance verticals produce over 14 million high-converting leads per month for advertisers by providing users with the information they need to make smart purchase decisions. Oversee also owns Webfest GlobalTM, a conference series for domain investors and online marketing professionals. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Oversee has offices in New York City and Frankfurt, Germany. For more information, please visit http://oversee.net.
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 141
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 453
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 410
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Aug. 31, 2015 12:00 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 31, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 890
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Aug. 31, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 226
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 31, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 161
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Aug. 31, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 644
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Aug. 31, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 303
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Aug. 31, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 124
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 411
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 452
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 350
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 230
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 216
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 190
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 555
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 484
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,569