|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 09:18 AM EST||
DomainSponsor®, the online traffic monetization business of Oversee.net® and organizer of the annual Webfest GlobalTM conference, announced today its comprehensive agenda and speaker roster for Webfest Global 2013 to be held February 5-7, 2013 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica, California. The agenda at the three-day conference will cover a variety of topics designed to provide online marketing executives and entrepreneurs with the latest tips and insights for acquiring, converting, and monetizing web and mobile customers.
- Panel discussion on how to predict which new gTLDs will be winners.
- Workshop on how to calculate a fair price for buying or selling a domain name.
- Interactive workshop with renowned, landing page optimization expert, Tim Ash.
- Mobile user and advertising trends presentation by Henry Tam from Millennium Media, Publisher of the S.M.A.R.T.™ Report.
- The annual PITCHfest contest that gives Internet entrepreneurs a chance to get discovered.
- “Dine with the Experts” program at breakfast or lunch, providing attendees with an opportunity to make a reservation at the table with the expert of their choice.
- A fireside chat with entrepreneur and social media expert Kim Kardashian, moderated by Oversee.net CEO Debra Domeyer.
- A live domain name auction, offering simultaneous online real-time bidding, hosted by Moniker.com and SnapNames.com.
- Three elaborate networking dinner parties at Santa Monica Place (Tuesday), under the Shuttle Endeavor at the California Science Center (Wednesday), and the Magic Castle (Thursday).
Panels and Expert Panelists
New gTLDs and IDN gTLDs: How to Predict
Winners and Losers – Panelists will discuss various
strategies that new gTLD registries will deploy to win over consumers
- Phil Corwin serves as Counsel to the Internet Commerce Association, representing its members in Washington, D.C. and before ICANN proceedings.
- Dan Schindler co-founded Donuts in 2009 and oversees sales and marketing programs. A seasoned technology executive, Dan has developed businesses his entire career.
- Andrew Snow leads Globabel Holdings, an IDN development and investment company that holds the world’s largest multilingual premium generic and geo IDN portfolio.
- Tim Switzer, COO/CFO, DotGreen Community Inc., has extensive experience in the domain industry and at ICANN. He worked at Neustar, Inc. where he led the Domain Name Registry business unit.
Domain Monetization Options beyond Parking
-- This session will discuss recent alternative monetization
strategies that have shown promise for publishers.
- Jay Chapman is a serial entrepreneur. He leads Digimedia’s mission as creator, incubator, developer, investor and/or advisor for a spectrum of start-ups and emerging companies.
- Michael Gilmour, a domain investor for over 10 years, cofounded ParkLogic, which both maximizes domain revenue and manages domain portfolios as valuable assets.
- Branden Pollock is a domainer and serial entrepreneur who owns several online and offline companies, including Legal Brand Marketing.
- Lavin Punjabi is President and COO of Affinity, a leading online advertising network. He has rich and varied experience of almost a decade in the online advertising industry.
- Zappy Zapolin is the visionary behind Internet brands, including Music.com, Beer.com, Computer.com, Creditcards.com, Debt.com, Diamond.com and PrescriptionDrugs.com.
How to Negotiate a Fair Price for a Domain
– Experts will discuss qualitative and quantitative approaches for
assessing the value of a domain name.
- Morgan Linton is the founder of Los Angeles-based Linton Investments, a domain name investment firm that specializes in helping startups find and acquire domain names.
- Paul Nicks is responsible for strategic growth and development of GoDaddy’s aftermarket product division.
- Andrew Rosener leads MediaOptions and is an active domain investor. He has been buying domain names since 1998.
SEO Keywords, Content and Links –
This session will offer a fast, deep dive into the strategies needed
to avoid being bitten by the Panda and the Penguin.
- Joanna Lord currently heads up SEOmoz’s lifecycle marketing efforts. She is a well-known social media enthusiast and conference speaker.
- Christian Neeser is Product Manager for SEO, Acquisition and Optimization, MyLife.com, which features over 400 million indexed pages on Google.
- Aaron Shear is MD/CEO for Boost Search Marketing and has been personally responsible for $4 billion in increased revenues for companies since the 1990s.
- Danny Sullivan is Editor-In-Chief of Search Engine Land. He is considered a leading search engine expert and journalist and has written about search for nearly 15 years.
PPC, Retargeting, Affiliate, Social
– This panel will provide tips as well as the pros and cons of
acquiring traffic via each of these channels.
- Adam Epstein is President and Chief Operating Officer of adMarketplace. He is responsible for managing day-to-day business operations.
- Peter Hamilton has helped to pioneer change in performance marketing and garnered clients, such as Zynga, Beachmint, Intuit, Rackspace, SEOmoz, and Sears.
- Merry Morud specializes in social media marketing, full-contact Facebook advertising, and deep psychographic research. She has spoken at multiple industry conferences.
- Jay Weintraub heads up the company that develops and promotes the LeadsCon and LoCo Summit (previously Daily Deal Summit) conference series.
Engaging and Converting Mobile Users
– This panel will discuss user experience design and conversion
best practices for native apps, web apps and responsive sites.
- Bardia Dejban founded Lolay, which has launched dozens of mobile and web software projects for organizations, such as Thomson Reuters, eHarmony, and MyLife.com.
- William Hsu is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of MuckerLab. He has spent his career as a start-up entrepreneur and an executive of a Fortune 100 company.
- Greg Sterling has multiple roles as a contributing editor, senior analyst, and founder of Sterling Market Intelligence, a consulting firm focused on the Internet's impact on offline consumer behavior.
Acquiring Mobile Users on a Restricted Budget
– This panel will offer a variety of tactics and best practices
for acquiring mobile users on a restricted budget.
- Cindy Krum is the author of Mobile Marketing: Finding Your Customers No Matter Where They Are. She brings fresh and creative ideas to her clients, providing on-site training and workshops as well as speaking at national and international trade events.
- Bryson Meunier is a primary architect of Resolution Media’s natural search product and ClearTarget™ Digital Behavior Analysis.
- Gary Rudolph founded Lolay, which specializes in cross-platform development and marketing of mobile applications for several premier brands with a rich domain experience.
Kim Kardashian will have a fireside chat with Oversee.net CEO Debra Domeyer asking a series of questions related to Ms. Kardashian’s current and future entrepreneurial endeavors.
Rapid-fire Live Landing Page Critiques
Tim Ash will offer some quick and actionable tips to immediately improve website performance. He is the author of the bestselling book Landing Page Optimization, and CEO of SiteTuners, a firm that specializes in improving website conversion rates
Mobile Advertising Trends
Henry Tam will discuss which verticals are currently seeing the best returns for their mobile advertising dollars and discuss a number of insights on how to optimize mobile advertising strategies related to content, design, and placement.
Welcome and Opening Presentation
Debra Domeyer, CEO of Oversee.net, will speak on the latest web and mobile developments impacting domain investors and online marketers.
The complete agenda, including links to panelist and speaker bios, is available at: http://webfestglobal.com/agenda.
Moniker|SnapNames Live Domain Name Auction
Moniker|SnapNames will be hosting a live, premium domain name auction at Webfest Global 2013 on Wednesday, February 6th from 4:00 – 5:30pm PST. An extended online domain auction will start on Tuesday, February 5th and end at 3:15pm EST on Thursday, March 8th. To view domain names included in the auction, including opening bid ranges, go to: http://webfestglobal.com/auctions.
Conference registration is $1,295 and includes admission to all sessions, exhibit hall, daily breakfasts, daily lunches and official dinner networking parties at unique venues, plus access to a new mobile app offering personal event calendar and attendee networking features. The new mobile app will be available on Feb. 4, 2013. To register, visit http://webfestglobal.com/register.
The entire Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica has been reserved exclusively for the conference to provide attendees with an intimate, distraction-free environment that maximizes networking opportunities. For information on the hotel, please visit http://webfestglobal.com/hotel.
About Webfest GlobalTM
Founded in 2006 by DomainSponsor®, the direct navigation traffic monetization division of Oversee.net, Webfest Global (formerly DOMAINfest®) is a conference series that brings domain industry and online marketing professionals together to learn, network and do business. Content and speakers offer insights, tips and the latest best practices in areas such as web and mobile user acquisition, conversion and monetization, plus updates on how regulatory and ICANN policies impact domain name owners and brand marketers worldwide. Attendees include domain publishers, internet entrepreneurs and a wide range of online marketing executives and service providers. For more information, please visit http://webfestglobal.com.
Oversee.net® is a leader in online performance marketing. Using proprietary technology, it helps advertisers acquire valuable, pre-qualified leads. Its DomainSponsor® business unit pioneered the monetization of direct navigation traffic in 2002 and now operates one of the largest PPC and CPV traffic networks in the world with over 250 million unique visitors per month. Oversee’s owned and operated online web businesses in the travel, retail and consumer finance verticals produce over 14 million high-converting leads per month for advertisers by providing users with the information they need to make smart purchase decisions. Oversee also owns Webfest GlobalTM, a conference series for domain investors and online marketing professionals. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Oversee has offices in New York City and Frankfurt, Germany. For more information, please visit http://oversee.net.
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, will look at different existing uses of peer-to-peer data sharing and how it can become useful in a live session to...
Oct. 7, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 509
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 7, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 130
NHK, Japan Broadcasting will feature upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special IoT documentary which will be filmed on the expo floor November 3 to 5, 2015 in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to BBC in UK and the largest in Asia with many award winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley. The program will be aired during the highest viewership season of the year that it will have a high impact in the industry through this documentary in Japan. The film...
Oct. 7, 2015 05:45 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Luxoft Holding, Inc., a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Luxoft’s software development services consist of core and mission-critical custom software development and support, product engineering and testing, and technology consulting.
Oct. 7, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 543
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 7, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 451
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 7, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 456
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 6, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 661
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT influence Big Data: Device, Connectivity, Context, and Intelligence. He will dive deep to the matrix...
Oct. 6, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 315
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Building actually breathes - immediately flagging overheating in a closet or over cooling in unoccupied ho...
Oct. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 259
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:40 PM EDT Reads: 115
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 234
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect and correlate data from control systems, sensors, mobile devices and IT systems for a variety of Ind...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 583
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 741
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 460
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 587
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 443
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 454
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 185
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 735
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Oct. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 574