|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Consumers should stop using this product, which is being recalled voluntarily, unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of product: Mattresses and mattresses with foundations
Hazard: The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal open flame standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
Consumer Contact: The Mattress Cloud Inc.; toll-free at (855) 622-4233, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or email the firm at [email protected].
Photos are available at http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13101.html?tab=recalls.
Units: About 1,400
Description: This recall involves Mattress Cloud new and renovated (rebuilt) twin, full, queen and king mattresses sets. The mattresses were sold in a variety of colors and fabrics. "Ultra Support" and "Ortho Type" are printed on iron-on labels on the mattresses. Recalled mattresses have a white federal tag with "Manufactured By: The Mattress Cloud, 769 Chauncey, Brooklyn, NY 11207." The recall involves all Mattress Cloud mattresses manufactured prior to January 25, 2012. Some mattress tags have no date printed on them. These mattresses are included in the recall. Mattress tags with a date of manufacture on or after January 25, 2012 are not included in the recall.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported
Remedy: Consumers should immediately contact The Mattress Cloud to receive a free replacement mattresses and to arrange for the firm to pick up the recalled mattresses.
Sold at: Mattress and furniture stores in N.J., N.Y. and Pa. from August 2011 through January 2012 for between $80 and $175.
Manufacturer: The Mattress Cloud Inc., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Manufactured in: United States
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Please tell us about your experience with the product on SaferProducts.gov.
Please use the phone numbers below for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800
CPSC Consumer Information Hotline
Use this toll-free number if you have questions about a recall:
800-638-2772 (TTY 301-595-7054)
Times: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET; Messages can be left anytime
Hotline can be used to get product safety and other agency information and to report unsafe products.
SOURCE U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict