|By Business Wire||
|January 23, 2013 11:01 AM EST||
The OpenStack® Foundation today announced the results of the 2013 Gold and Individual Director elections and confirmed that Alan Clark and Lew Tucker will continue as Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, respectively. Along with the OpenStack Technical Committee, the announcement solidifies OpenStack community leadership for the new year and positions OpenStack for tremendous growth and global adoption moving forward. The OpenStack Foundation now has more than 7,000 members representing 850 unique organizations across 88 countries.
The Board of Directors provides strategic direction for the OpenStack community and oversight of the Foundation, comprised of a mix of appointed and elected directors from the community. Platinum Directors are appointed by the eight Platinum Members of the Foundation, Gold Directors are elected from the 14 Gold Members, and Individual Directors are elected by the 7,000 Individual Members for a one-year term. The Foundation has also been staffing up to support the mission of protecting, empowering and promoting OpenStack software and the community, hiring across various marketing and engineering roles.
“I’m excited to have a diverse Board and a growing Foundation staff dedicated to the success of our community. The Board and staff are leading important efforts to define the future direction of OpenStack in areas like project expansion, training programs and IP management,” said Jonathan Bryce, Executive Director of the OpenStack Foundation. “We look forward to telling the success stories of OpenStack deployments globally and capitalizing on the strong commercial ecosystem to accelerate user adoption in the coming year.”
The following Directors will serve on the 2013 Board:
Devin Carlen, Nebula
Alan Clark, SUSE, Chairman of the Board
Jim Curry, Rackspace
Eileen Evans, HP
Toby Ford, AT&T
Kyle MacDonald, Canonical (Ubuntu)
Todd Moore, IBM
Brian Stevens, Red Hat
Simon Anderson, DreamHost
Nick Barcet, eNovance
Randy Bias, Cloudscaling
John Igoe, Dell
Joshua McKenty, Piston Cloud Computing
Boris Renski, Mirantis
Sean Roberts, Yahoo!
Lew Tucker, Cisco, Vice Chairman of the Board
Tim Bell, CERN, also appointed to the User Committee
Hui Cheng, SINA
Tristan Goode, Aptira
Rob Hirschfeld, Dell
Mark McLoughlin, Red Hat, also elected to Technical Committee
Lauren Sell, OpenStack Foundation
Monty Taylor, HP, also elected to Technical Committee
Troy Toman, Rackspace
The OpenStack Foundation will host the April 2013 Summit in Portland, April 15-18 at the Oregon Convention Center. In addition to the software development working sessions, the Summit will feature sessions covering user stories, technical tracks, business cases for OpenStack, as well as hands-on workshops. More than 2,000 OpenStack users, prospective users, ecosystem members and developers to be in attendance. Registration is now open, and the call for speakers closes February 15.
OpenStack is open source software for building public and private clouds.
OpenStack powers some of the most widely-used SaaS applications and eCommerce sites, the world’s largest public clouds, and Global 1000 enterprises alike, each of whom rely on OpenStack to run their businesses every day. The open source cloud platform controls pools of compute, storage and networking resources at massive scale, making them available via a self-service dashboard.
OpenStack is backed by an independent Foundation and global community with more than 7,000 members representing 850 unique organizations across 88 countries.
For more information and to join the community, visit www.OpenStack.org.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict